The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=248)
-   -   K95 RGB Game-specific lighting? Getting cops on GTA 5 = Cop Lights on RGB (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139799)

Callump01 04-09-2015 08:45 PM

Game-specific lighting? Getting cops on GTA 5 = Cop Lights on RGB
 
Title.

Think it would be possible to create an application that monitors when you get wanted star(s) on GTA V then subsequently activates the following -


Now that would be immersive!

I just ordered a K95 RGB today and it should arrive Saturday; ouch my wallet!

krazykid 04-09-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callump01 (Post 771694)
Title.

Think it would be possible to create an application that monitors when you get wanted star(s) on GTA V then subsequently activates the following -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW5Z0WnGzd0

Now that would be immersive!

I just ordered a K95 RGB today and it should arrive Saturday; ouch my wallet!

no its not possible, sorry. we need LUA support inorder to do this.

Callump01 04-09-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazykid (Post 771695)
no its not possible, sorry. we need LUA support inorder to do this.

Darn; is that coming any time soon?

krazykid 04-09-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callump01 (Post 771696)
Darn; is that coming any time soon?

proly not soon if ever

Inheritance 04-09-2015 10:12 PM

Its coming idk when.

Elestriel 04-10-2015 12:35 PM

I doubt that LUA support could even accomplish this. You'd need to write a program that can read the active memory of GTA5 and detect your wanted level, then use that switch to do the rest.

Unless, of course, the game has some kind of external-access API, but I doubt that...

krazykid 04-10-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elestriel (Post 771862)
I doubt that LUA support could even accomplish this. You'd need to write a program that can read the active memory of GTA5 and detect your wanted level, then use that switch to do the rest.

Unless, of course, the game has some kind of external-access API, but I doubt that...

Naw with LUA you could do this. For sure.

Callump01 04-10-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elestriel (Post 771862)
I doubt that LUA support could even accomplish this. You'd need to write a program that can read the active memory of GTA5 and detect your wanted level, then use that switch to do the rest.

Unless, of course, the game has some kind of external-access API, but I doubt that...

What about a program that will attach to the .exe and scan the top right every so often to look for the stars themselves?

krazykid 04-10-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callump01 (Post 771912)
What about a program that will attach to the .exe and scan the top right every so often to look for the stars themselves?

and how will you link that to the keyboard?

Callump01 04-10-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazykid (Post 771913)
and how will you link that to the keyboard?

Now I'm not a coder at all, but I presume the C++ Library someone did wouldn't be any help here?
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=134315

Or this: https://github.com/Jeflux/ckLua

Schwitz 04-10-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callump01 (Post 771912)
What about a program that will attach to the .exe and scan the top right every so often to look for the stars themselves?

You'd have to have a consistent way of reading in that information. Sure it probably be done, but the amount of resources it would use to check it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazykid (Post 771867)
Naw with LUA you could do this. For sure.

LUA will not be able to access anything within a game.
See:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elestriel (Post 771862)
Unless, of course, the game has some kind of external-access API, but I doubt that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elestriel (Post 771862)
You'd need to write a program that can read the active memory of GTA5 and detect your wanted level, then use that switch to do the rest.

Game management and anti-cheat systems (Like Valves V-A-C) check specifically for these and generally don't end well for the user. (Banhammer, etc. especially during online play)

krazykid 04-10-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwitz (Post 771916)
You'd have to have a consistent way of reading in that information. Sure it probably be done, but the amount of resources it would use to check it probably wouldn't be worth it.


LUA will not be able to access anything within a game.
See:




Game management and anti-cheat systems (Like Valves V-A-C) check specifically for these and generally don't end well for the user. (Banhammer, etc. especially during online play)

you can check for an image with lua, like he said, check for stars. lol

Pirateguybrush 04-14-2015 05:55 AM

There are reports that other RGB keyboards are already doing exactly this with GTA V. I don't believe I'm allowed to name anything or post links, but it's supported by at least one manufacturer.

Siddysolo 04-14-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirateguybrush (Post 772596)
There are reports that other RGB keyboards are already doing exactly this with GTA V. I don't believe I'm allowed to name anything or post links, but it's supported by at least one manufacturer.

This keyboard can do it http://gfycat.com/LiquidDistantArabianhorse lights up the F keys

ScarredMecha 04-14-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirateguybrush (Post 772596)
There are reports that other RGB keyboards are already doing exactly this with GTA V. I don't believe I'm allowed to name anything or post links, but it's supported by at least one manufacturer.

Yeah, Corsair's keyboard/CUE doesn't have an API at the moment :(:

Pretty cool feature on the other board, though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.