The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   VOID mic volume (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147121)

Gregathor 08-23-2015 06:48 PM

VOID mic volume

I have turned every mic setting I could find to max but people still have a hard time hearing me unless the mic is uncomfortably close to my mouth. Any suggestions for fixing this issue?

angusbeef 08-25-2015 11:11 PM

i have had the same results with this headsets mic. I have found no solution.

Inheritance 08-26-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregathor (Post 800472)
I have turned every mic setting I could find to max but people still have a hard time hearing me unless the mic is uncomfortably close to my mouth. Any suggestions for fixing this issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by angusbeef (Post 802545)
i have had the same results with this headsets mic. I have found no solution.

Do yall have a wired version or a wireless version and what is your firmware version? I was testing a pre release wired version and the mic was overly sensitive. But my new wireless one is far less sensitive.

Gregathor 08-26-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zheren159 (Post 802798)
Do yall have a wired version or a wireless version and what is your firmware version? I was testing a pre release wired version and the mic was overly sensitive. But my new wireless one is far less sensitive.

I'm using the wireless on firmware version 31.00

..AlLkNoWinG.. 09-01-2015 02:13 PM

I use mine for CSGo in chat, Steam chat, and Skype without issues. What are you using to test the mic?

Event Horizon 09-01-2015 06:08 PM

My Void wireless black also has low mic volume with firmware 31.00.

Gregathor 09-02-2015 12:13 AM

People have trouble hearing me over skype / mumble / teamspeak.

ScarredMecha 09-02-2015 01:04 AM

The mic is indeed fairly quiet. Hopefully Corsair implements some sort of software-based gain boost or something into CUE.

Corsair Chris 09-03-2015 12:07 PM

Hi all, thanks for the feedback regarding the mic being too quiet. I've already logged this in with software team and we should be able to implement a higher mic ceiling in the upcoming CUE update.

Event Horizon 09-03-2015 03:37 PM

Sweet! Glad to hear this Chris from Corsair. We look forward to the update =)

Corsair Chris 09-04-2015 04:20 PM

One resolution that I've been instructed to mention is to bend the mic closer to your mouth, this should help with Mic Volume levels.

ScarredMecha 09-04-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair Chris (Post 805041)
One resolution that I've been instructed to mention is to bend the mic closer to your mouth, this should help with Mic Volume levels.

Can the mic be bent? I feel a bit nervous about doing that, haha.

Stim0x 09-05-2015 05:21 PM

Had this issue with the H2100, which is one of the reasons why I returned it (twice) in the end.

I am having the same issue with the void wireless 7.1 on Windows 10.

Microphone level inaudible unless the mic is up close.

Hope this is resolved soon.

Corsair Chris 09-08-2015 01:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reapexx (Post 805064)
Can the mic be bent? I feel a bit nervous about doing that, haha.

We wrapped the wire (steel) with a Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE), which is a combination of plastic and rubber to allow it to bend and keep the insides safe.

At work I have mine bent like this much

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachme...1&d=1441736637

and we had our audio team do extensive testing to see the "optimal" position of the headset and came up with

http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/a...1&d=1441736311. The result of bending it 30 in ward towards the face was a 5dB improvement. But you can bend it more but at that point, the mic might pick up breaths and blows.

eastx 09-09-2015 04:30 AM

I'm glad to learn that the mic can be bent, but no user would ever think to do that for fear of breaking it. It's a shame to see this issue made it to market.

Corsair Chris 09-09-2015 12:49 PM

Yeah we understand that no one would think to bend the mic closer... :\ but moving forward we will ship voids with the mic bent in as shown in the 2nd image.

TeaTimeJ 09-09-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair Chris (Post 805853)
Yeah we understand that no one would think to bend the mic closer... :\ but moving forward we will ship voids with the mic bent in as shown in the 2nd image.

I got my void yesterday, hooked it up to my machine and tested mic gain and first thing I was doing was bending the mic boom. Maybe mentioning it in the manual would help, I did it just out of habit I suppose but it is working fine except that silly100% CPU windows audio bug in CoD.

Corsair Chris 09-10-2015 01:00 PM

@TeaTimeJ, yeah I'm sorry that you're running into that issue with CoD. I've reported it to our validations team and our software team, we're going to investigate it then try to resolve that along with the Win10 drivers for our older headset.

Lonepawn 09-13-2015 09:10 AM

Bending mic in still has low volume. VOID YJ SE, Talking in game used to work on other headsets but no one can "really hear" me in game, on TS, or on twitch. I use windows just to test it and the signal bar goes up one bar. Mic volume up 100 through the CUE, about to search for audio graph signal boosting software. Same issue as my H2100 that i exchanged for these. I am still looking for THE headset. Any of other suggestions?

erich43 10-25-2015 03:53 AM

Mic problem

I just got the Void today and the mic is very quiet on skype and everything on the CUE and sound settings for the mic is maxed.

Toasted 10-25-2015 07:45 AM

@erich43

Did you bend the mic boom?
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607

erich43 10-25-2015 04:35 PM

I did and it has to be super close which I don't like

mike29 10-29-2015 01:51 AM

Mic volume (aka recording level) is very weak. I am very disappointed , will be returning it tomorrow.

Entellex 12-04-2015 01:42 AM

Has there been any Firmware update or something for this? Even with my mic bent, people barely hear me.

Inheritance 12-05-2015 02:10 PM

Did yall crank up the mic sensitivity levels in CUE and check the software your using to make sure that its not adjusting the mic level.

kocke 12-06-2015 09:26 AM

I have the same problem, after the last FW update the mic is soooo low

layarion 12-23-2015 09:12 PM

i have the same problem, latest firmware. windows 10, and i'm very savy with these kinds of things.

so when i say the mic is too quiet, it means you should not buy these, and i'm returning mine since this problem is at least months old. i wanted to give you guys a chance but pepole can't hear me, i can't hear me in voice recordings, and so on.

returning these first chance i get, shame because i got them for $90

IstBarP 12-23-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layarion (Post 827108)
i have the same problem, latest firmware. windows 10, and i'm very savy with these kinds of things.

so when i say the mic is too quiet, it means you should not buy these, and i'm returning mine since this problem is at least months old. i wanted to give you guys a chance but pepole can't hear me, i can't hear me in voice recordings, and so on.

returning these first chance i get, shame because i got them for $90

Well.. a shame.. Mic is working fine if you actually turn it up in the software..

I have gotten reports from guys on teamspeak , skype and so on that i'm TOOO loud.. aka, it's an issue on your side :).. not the headset.

layarion 12-25-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IstBarP (Post 827114)
Well.. a shame.. Mic is working fine if you actually turn it up in the software..

I have gotten reports from guys on teamspeak , skype and so on that i'm TOOO loud.. aka, it's an issue on your side :).. not the headset.

no like i said i'm savy in this stuff. the problem is on their end.

comfort seems fine though, but the headband keeps readjusting itself when i put it on.

battery level seems to be as advertised which is very nice. the G930's required too much charging

IstBarP 12-25-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layarion (Post 827392)
no like i said i'm savy in this stuff. the problem is on their end.

comfort seems fine though, but the headband keeps readjusting itself when i put it on.

battery level seems to be as advertised which is very nice. the G930's required too much charging

I am educated in Computer Science. And i know for a fact that if i'm too loud (I'm quite quiet in my normal voice) and you're too quiet it's one of the following reasons:

1. You haven't turned up the mic.
2. You whisper into the microphone and expect it to be able to pick it up.
3. You haven't bend the mic closer to your mouth.
4. You have a broken headset..

Inheritance 12-26-2015 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IstBarP (Post 827393)
I am educated in Computer Science. And i know for a fact that if i'm too loud (I'm quite quiet in my normal voice) and you're too quiet it's one of the following reasons:

1. You haven't turned up the mic.
2. You whisper into the microphone and expect it to be able to pick it up.
3. You haven't bend the mic closer to your mouth.
4. You have a broken headset..

how about this layarion goes and returns his mic. and we end the whos right and whos wrong.

IstBarP 12-26-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zheren159 (Post 827499)
how about this layarion goes and returns his mic. and we end the whos right and whos wrong.

I just wanted people to know that it's not the headset in general as he described in his first post.. It's a faulty unit (probably), but still .. Didn't want people to get the wrong idea based off of his "review" of a bad sample. :):

SavellM 01-07-2016 10:42 AM

I too am having all my friends say my mic is very quiet.

I have bent the mic so that I'm almost swallowing it just to get some audio from it.
I have everything in Windows and CUE up on MAX and yet its super soft :(

PS. Mine is like P4 in this thread:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607

Yet its still bad, and now it just picks up my breathing instead too.

Sparra 01-08-2016 01:50 AM

I'm having the same problem as well. I have it turned up all the way in both CUE and on Windows (I'm running Windows 10) and the mic is super super quiet unless I attempt to eat the darn thing while talking into it.

Is there any way to boost up the microphone volume? I can deal with background sound leaking in a bit if it means I can actually be heard.

Toasted 01-12-2016 07:41 AM

Try the headset on another computer with and without CUE installed. Does the microphone volume change or is it still the same?

Detonator 02-07-2016 04:40 PM

Here the same problem, the microphone is too quiet on Windows 10.
In Windows 7 test it is a bit noisy.

but I use only Windows 10
It would be nice if a new software is that resolves this issue.

If it is not resolved, I will probably have the headset will return..

Toasted 02-08-2016 05:42 AM

Do you have the Realtek drivers installed? if you do, temporarily uninstall it and see if anything changes.

Detonator 02-09-2016 10:35 AM

I have Realtek uninstalled.
There is the same problem

svaltos 02-10-2016 03:58 AM

Hi guys, i have the same problem on Windows 10 but with the Corsair Gaming VOID USB.

I think the problem comes from windows, i tried to change drivers but it does not really work ...

I wiil try to use a voice amplifier software to see if it works better :sigh!:

Toasted 02-10-2016 06:37 AM

@Detonator

By noisy in Windows 7, is the microphone volume fine as in its picking up a lot of noise in the environment?
Have you tried the headset with/without the CUE drivers?

@svaltos
Can you try the headset on another computer with and without the CUE drivers? Are there any differences?