The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   VOID mic volume (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147121)

Inheritance 12-26-2015 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IstBarP (Post 827393)
I am educated in Computer Science. And i know for a fact that if i'm too loud (I'm quite quiet in my normal voice) and you're too quiet it's one of the following reasons:

1. You haven't turned up the mic.
2. You whisper into the microphone and expect it to be able to pick it up.
3. You haven't bend the mic closer to your mouth.
4. You have a broken headset..

how about this layarion goes and returns his mic. and we end the whos right and whos wrong.

IstBarP 12-26-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zheren159 (Post 827499)
how about this layarion goes and returns his mic. and we end the whos right and whos wrong.

I just wanted people to know that it's not the headset in general as he described in his first post.. It's a faulty unit (probably), but still .. Didn't want people to get the wrong idea based off of his "review" of a bad sample. :):

SavellM 01-07-2016 10:42 AM

I too am having all my friends say my mic is very quiet.

I have bent the mic so that I'm almost swallowing it just to get some audio from it.
I have everything in Windows and CUE up on MAX and yet its super soft :(

PS. Mine is like P4 in this thread:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607

Yet its still bad, and now it just picks up my breathing instead too.

Sparra 01-08-2016 01:50 AM

I'm having the same problem as well. I have it turned up all the way in both CUE and on Windows (I'm running Windows 10) and the mic is super super quiet unless I attempt to eat the darn thing while talking into it.

Is there any way to boost up the microphone volume? I can deal with background sound leaking in a bit if it means I can actually be heard.

Toasted 01-12-2016 07:41 AM

Try the headset on another computer with and without CUE installed. Does the microphone volume change or is it still the same?

Detonator 02-07-2016 04:40 PM

Here the same problem, the microphone is too quiet on Windows 10.
In Windows 7 test it is a bit noisy.

but I use only Windows 10
It would be nice if a new software is that resolves this issue.

If it is not resolved, I will probably have the headset will return..

Toasted 02-08-2016 05:42 AM

Do you have the Realtek drivers installed? if you do, temporarily uninstall it and see if anything changes.

Detonator 02-09-2016 10:35 AM

I have Realtek uninstalled.
There is the same problem

svaltos 02-10-2016 03:58 AM

Hi guys, i have the same problem on Windows 10 but with the Corsair Gaming VOID USB.

I think the problem comes from windows, i tried to change drivers but it does not really work ...

I wiil try to use a voice amplifier software to see if it works better :sigh!:

Toasted 02-10-2016 06:37 AM

@Detonator

By noisy in Windows 7, is the microphone volume fine as in its picking up a lot of noise in the environment?
Have you tried the headset with/without the CUE drivers?

@svaltos
Can you try the headset on another computer with and without the CUE drivers? Are there any differences?

Yokuz116 02-11-2016 12:04 AM

I am also having this same problem since upgrading to Windows 10. I hope a fix comes out soon, because, you know, Corsair has an obligation to do so.

svaltos 02-11-2016 03:43 AM

@Toasted

i try with another computer on windows 10 and the problem are the same ...

@Yokuz116

I managed to slightly improved the power of the microphone through a voice processing software

Corsair Chris 02-11-2016 03:19 PM

Could you guys provide which software you're using for your calls? Since it seems like it's only affecting Win10 users, I'll try to see if it could be replicated.

Blandin 02-15-2016 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair Chris (Post 836552)
Could you guys provide which software you're using for your calls? Since it seems like it's only affecting Win10 users, I'll try to see if it could be replicated.

I'm under windows 7 and having the same issue.
-Corsair void USB
-Firmware is 0.12 (and I tried to update it)
-Software says 1.15.36 (had 1.14.xx with same results, updated today to this)

I'm using teamspeak 3 and pushed the mic volume to max, tried with or without the automatic voice gain control in teamspeak. And with or without the
AGC checked in the device.
But the mic feedback is really low too, so I don't expect it to be louder elsewhere. I can't really hear me in the feedback unless I try to make noises in the mic.

Aeleas 02-18-2016 04:17 PM

Windows was showing a single bar when I looked at it for mine, but I was able to record with reasonable levels in Audacity. I wonder if the Windows output bar is showing the level before CUE does anything with it.