The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   VOID mic volume (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147121)

Corsair Chris 09-09-2015 12:49 PM

Yeah we understand that no one would think to bend the mic closer... :\ but moving forward we will ship voids with the mic bent in as shown in the 2nd image.

TeaTimeJ 09-09-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair Chris (Post 805853)
Yeah we understand that no one would think to bend the mic closer... :\ but moving forward we will ship voids with the mic bent in as shown in the 2nd image.

I got my void yesterday, hooked it up to my machine and tested mic gain and first thing I was doing was bending the mic boom. Maybe mentioning it in the manual would help, I did it just out of habit I suppose but it is working fine except that silly100% CPU windows audio bug in CoD.

Corsair Chris 09-10-2015 01:00 PM

@TeaTimeJ, yeah I'm sorry that you're running into that issue with CoD. I've reported it to our validations team and our software team, we're going to investigate it then try to resolve that along with the Win10 drivers for our older headset.

Lonepawn 09-13-2015 09:10 AM

Bending mic in still has low volume. VOID YJ SE, Talking in game used to work on other headsets but no one can "really hear" me in game, on TS, or on twitch. I use windows just to test it and the signal bar goes up one bar. Mic volume up 100 through the CUE, about to search for audio graph signal boosting software. Same issue as my H2100 that i exchanged for these. I am still looking for THE headset. Any of other suggestions?

erich43 10-25-2015 03:53 AM

Mic problem

I just got the Void today and the mic is very quiet on skype and everything on the CUE and sound settings for the mic is maxed.

Toasted 10-25-2015 07:45 AM

@erich43

Did you bend the mic boom?
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607

erich43 10-25-2015 04:35 PM

I did and it has to be super close which I don't like

mike29 10-29-2015 01:51 AM

Mic volume (aka recording level) is very weak. I am very disappointed , will be returning it tomorrow.

Entellex 12-04-2015 01:42 AM

Has there been any Firmware update or something for this? Even with my mic bent, people barely hear me.

Inheritance 12-05-2015 02:10 PM

Did yall crank up the mic sensitivity levels in CUE and check the software your using to make sure that its not adjusting the mic level.

kocke 12-06-2015 09:26 AM

I have the same problem, after the last FW update the mic is soooo low

layarion 12-23-2015 09:12 PM

i have the same problem, latest firmware. windows 10, and i'm very savy with these kinds of things.

so when i say the mic is too quiet, it means you should not buy these, and i'm returning mine since this problem is at least months old. i wanted to give you guys a chance but pepole can't hear me, i can't hear me in voice recordings, and so on.

returning these first chance i get, shame because i got them for $90

IstBarP 12-23-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layarion (Post 827108)
i have the same problem, latest firmware. windows 10, and i'm very savy with these kinds of things.

so when i say the mic is too quiet, it means you should not buy these, and i'm returning mine since this problem is at least months old. i wanted to give you guys a chance but pepole can't hear me, i can't hear me in voice recordings, and so on.

returning these first chance i get, shame because i got them for $90

Well.. a shame.. Mic is working fine if you actually turn it up in the software..

I have gotten reports from guys on teamspeak , skype and so on that i'm TOOO loud.. aka, it's an issue on your side :).. not the headset.

layarion 12-25-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IstBarP (Post 827114)
Well.. a shame.. Mic is working fine if you actually turn it up in the software..

I have gotten reports from guys on teamspeak , skype and so on that i'm TOOO loud.. aka, it's an issue on your side :).. not the headset.

no like i said i'm savy in this stuff. the problem is on their end.

comfort seems fine though, but the headband keeps readjusting itself when i put it on.

battery level seems to be as advertised which is very nice. the G930's required too much charging

IstBarP 12-25-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layarion (Post 827392)
no like i said i'm savy in this stuff. the problem is on their end.

comfort seems fine though, but the headband keeps readjusting itself when i put it on.

battery level seems to be as advertised which is very nice. the G930's required too much charging

I am educated in Computer Science. And i know for a fact that if i'm too loud (I'm quite quiet in my normal voice) and you're too quiet it's one of the following reasons:

1. You haven't turned up the mic.
2. You whisper into the microphone and expect it to be able to pick it up.
3. You haven't bend the mic closer to your mouth.
4. You have a broken headset..