Corsair Community

Commander Pro PID improvement possible?

Keemo

Hi guys, trying to run a Commander Pro with 3X120mm EK Vardar Fans, seems like the PID algorithm, P- therm ist overshooting the target RPM all the time, I-therm is too low to prevent overshooting, D-therm is too low, could be a quick fix for a developer.

343206530_EKVARDAR120mmRPMsettofixedunstable.thumb.png.3f3e06318f7568c7c82e42d735ec0156.png

Also noticed that there ist no option to create a PWM % custom profile with more than point/temperature.

1538932850_percent-temperaturetable.thumb.png.9d6d3d783dbd104e68c719cc9748e593.png

My HX1000i, the custom curve can't be set below 40% or off.

669922717_HX1000i40issue.thumb.png.6ccf9da78a635e70b42dd1bd819c8e57.png

Would be great to get some small improvements in upcoming updates

Best regards Keemo

Hi guys, trying to run a Commander Pro with 3X120mm EK Vardar Fans, seems like the PID algorithm, P- therm ist overshooting the target RPM all the time, I-therm is too low to prevent overshooting, D-therm is too low, could be a quick fix for a developer.

Vardar PWM fans tend to be problematic on Corsair controllers. I can't suggest a fix, but the issue is in the PWM signal interpretation. Also be aware there is a similar issue with BeQuiet PWM fans. DC versions of both work correctly.

Also noticed that there ist no option to create a PWM % custom profile with more than point/temperature.

The Commander Pro uses RPM vs PWM%. I suppose you can make an argument the other way, but some fans do not have a strictly linear PWM % curve vs their RPM range and it also removes the basic math step - easy or not.

My HX1000i, the custom curve can't be set below 40% or off.

That is the minimum for the fan in that unit. Not much you can do there. In passive (ECO) mode it should turn off below the threshold, but there is no manual 0% fan speed, surely for safety reasons.