Corsair Community

Got 4 ML120 RGB fans but only 1 lights up

SlippinJimmy

All fans are spinning, but only #1 is lit. Got a 3 pack of fans with the lighting node and fan hub then another solo fan of the same type. The solo fan is the only one lit. I made sure to connect them in the right order, double checked before booting and then triple checked when it wasn't working and the RGB headers are definitely connected to the right slots on the fan hub. In Corsair Link, I can't see my fans listed in the devices window but I can see them in the home screen. I also can't control the color of the fans, the only thing I can configure is the name of each fan. Not sure what to do since I'm certain the cables are properly connected. The only thing is I used the same SATA cable to power both the lighting node and the fan hub, should I use separate cables?

Edit: Using Corsair Link v4.9.9.3

Edited by SlippinJimmy

You know that Link is end-of-life right? iCUE is the current version.

Didn't know that, the box the fans came in said to use Link. I can't see the fans in iCUE at all, I already had that for my peripherals. I just looked at the tutorial video for setting up the fans and I don't have that commander pro module, is it needed? The set of fans I got came with a different one, a lighting node and a fan hub. I got it from a retail storefront so it could be some old stuff apparently if the box still says to use dead software.

Not necessarily old stuff - I'm not sure that all of the boxes have been updated yet.

If you already have iCUE, Link won't even work for you and it should say that the device is being controlled by iCUE. If it doesn't say that, you have an old (pre-iCUE release) version of Link and that's not going to work regardless.

And no, you don't need the Commander Pro but you'll set up the fans the exact same way - go to Lighting Setup and set the number and type of fans on the channel. If you can show a capture of your iCUE screen, we can help a little better.

It doesn't look like it's in there but I can't see the Vendor ID or Product ID so I can't be sure.

If Windows doesn't pick up the LNP, iCUE won't either. This is done via standard USB detection. Check to make sure that its on the correct header and that it's not off by a pin (easy to do). As a test, you can also put a standard mini USB to USB A cable in there and route it to the back panel IO.

Ok I finally got it. I took the case panel off while it was running and tried all permutations of plugging the RGB headers into the LNP. For some reason I got it to work by plugging the RGB headers in reverse order of the number of the fans. I.E. SysFan1 is LNP Fan 4. Not sure why I had to do it in reverse but it works. Thanks for the help.