Corsair Community

Corsair K95 RGB questions

k95rgbjames

So I am looking for a keyboard to replace my Cyborg Strike 7.

I really want this one due to the lighting affects you can do. I need 18 g-keys for the MMORPG I play which is Final Fantasy 14. My question is if this keyboard is any good. I have checked on Amazon and the reviews their are good except there are some people complaining about burnt out LED's. The equivalent of this keyboard is the Logitech 510s. I would be getting this one for the RGB stuff but if it tends to have burnt out LEDS then I may just have to get the 510.

So is this a good keyboard? Also why is the Cherry MXreds more then the MX browns?

Lastly, I need a mouse to replace my MMO7 and a headset to replace my FREQ 7 headset.

I am currently looking at the following mice.

The MSI DS200

The Logitech Proteus Core

The CORSAIR M65 Vegence RGB

The headset I am looking at is

Logitech G930

MSI DS502

Corsaid H2100 Greyhawk

Now I seem to be seeing a lot of bad reviews when it comes to CORSAIR stuff compared to other brands so I really need some advise here. I would like a wireless headset if possible. Any other brands that anyone knows are good not on this list would be great. Here are my requirements

Keyboard requirments

18G keys RGB

Mouse requirments

Minimum 6400 DPI

Preferable to change colors

Must have a weight system

As much customization as possible

Headset Requirment

7.1 surround sound

Wireless

less then $200

Please do not put down other manufacturers. This is covered in the rules. Since Crucial doesn't make our products, I'm assuming you meant Corsair and have edited your post to reflect this.

Yes I meant corsair sorry. Im new here and made this post in haste before work.

I have the H2100 and it a very nice, light headset with good mic quality, battery life is around 8-10 hours. Signal strength is decent i can move about 20 ft away and put 2 walls between me and the dongle wout out and issues. My friend got a G930 and ended up returning it when he tried on my old H2000 because he liked the way it felt over the G930 which is a bit bulkier.

Now as for the mouse the logitech G502 is a very nice and well built mouse, the sensor is imo the best out there since you can recalibrate it to work on almost any surface from glass to the carpet. It is on the small side so if you have large hands it might be a issue for you. the M65 isnt a bad mouse but the sensor isnt as good.

Finally the G510 vs a K95. G510 keys feel like rubber dome keys so if your use to cherry switches the change might be very unpleasant. Ive never had a issue with K95 led's and Corsair James said that the failure rate is less then 0.1%.

Imo I would say get the H2100, G502, adn K95 RGB. You will have to run 3 different software but its the setup i have and ive had no issues with it.

I'm running a K95 RGB with Reds at work and a K95 RGB with Browns at home. I bought both of them at the same time to compare the switches since I'd never used any Cherry MX switch before. Honestly, there is almost no difference. I pound my keys out of habit (started off on a manual typewriter decades ago) and do not notice the ever so slight tactile bump of the Browns. After banging away on my reds at work all day, I come home and play on my browns and never miss a beat. I feel no noticeable difference between the two. The reds are a little quieter but I also installed the o-rings to dampen the sound a bit on both keyboards.

As for mice... At work I'm currently running a Deathadder 2013 with my K95 RGB. I have both software suites installed and they play nicely together.

At home I currently have 3 mice hooked up as I figure out which one I like best. I have a Sabre Laser, the M65 and a Deathadder Chroma. Again, both software suites are installed and work flawlessly; there is no conflict of any kind that I have noticed.

I can't help on headsets since I'm a fan of just basic Stereo and run AKG Studio Monitors.

Hope that helps. You can definitely run CUE and Synapse at the same time without worries.

I'm running a K95 RGB with Reds at work and a K95 RGB with Browns at home. I bought both of them at the same time to compare the switches since I'd never used any Cherry MX switch before. Honestly, there is almost no difference. I pound my keys out of habit (started off on a manual typewriter decades ago) and do not notice the ever so slight tactile bump of the Browns. After banging away on my reds at work all day, I come home and play on my browns and never miss a beat. I feel no noticeable difference between the two. The reds are a little quieter but I also installed the o-rings to dampen the sound a bit on both keyboards.

As for mice... At work I'm currently running a Deathadder 2013 with my K95 RGB. I have both software suites installed and they play nicely together.

At home I currently have 3 mice hooked up as I figure out which one I like best. I have a Sabre Laser, the M65 and a Deathadder Chroma. Again, both software suites are installed and work flawlessly; there is no conflict of any kind that I have noticed.

I can't help on headsets since I'm a fan of just basic Stereo and run AKG Studio Monitors.

Hope that helps. You can definitely run CUE and Synapse at the same time without worries.

This does help. I shy away from Razer products though. The last 3 mice I had from them died within 6 months. The longest mouse I have ever owned was a Microsoft Intellimouse 2.0 that lasted me 10 years with no issues and never broke, I replaced it for a gaming mouse for no reason really. If a mouse can not keep up with that, then they have a real issue.

Anyway, I got my RGB ordered in brown switches. I wanted blue ones but cant find any. I know reds are for gaming but I would like a switch that wants a little more force to activate and I hope the browns satisfy this.

As for mice, I am still on the fence. I am noticing that if you have a corsair mouse and keyboard they like to fight over the color profile stuff which is bad but meh. I am seriously considering a Proteus core G mouse from Logitech and their G930 headset.

The issue with this is that the proteus core is not RGB which is what I want and the R.A.T Prox is being hinted to a cost of $400, which I will NEVER spend on a gaming peripheral, even though my Rat MMO7 is the most comfortable mouse I have ever owned. I am going to look at the corsair mice again today and see. I just wish these companys would introduce their next lineup this year so I have a better pool of name brand stuff to choose from.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway, I got my RGB ordered in brown switches. I wanted blue ones but cant find any. I know reds are for gaming but I would like a switch that wants a little more force to activate and I hope the browns satisfy this.

Curious to know how you like your browns? I ended up sending my red switch keyboard back and replaced it with another brown. I like the harder actuation force of the browns over the reds. (55g vs 45g).

Archived