The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corsair Link (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Corsair Link HDD click (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163697)

R0GG 03-09-2018 02:18 AM

HWinfo has almost the same sound coming from my HDDS, but easily fixed by loading it in selective mode ( no HDD smart status request among other option)

jviskup 04-01-2018 07:35 PM

Hi.
I have build new computer few weeks ago. I use CPU liquid cooler H115i pro. It has a special function, that fans can be turned to 0 rpm (passive cooling), because it has effective liquid cooling. In low usage it's all quiet. But there is problem with Corsair Link software (you all recently mentioned) and it it won't allow allow to turn off spinning HDDs and one of them (Seagate) is making same clicking noise as some of you mentioned. So only way is to turn off Corsair Link software and my HDDs are off afther few minutes (as set in control panel). But without Corsair Link, the H115i PRO fans can't go 0 rpm !!! It runs default cooling managment.

So I have 2 options:

1. USE Corsair Link (my 5x HDDs wont STOP and some make clicking noise)
2. NOT USE Corsair Link (my Corsair H115i PRO wont go 0 rpm)

I tried Corsair Link v4.9.6.19 - 03/21/2018 and it's all the same. Why don't they do some simple software to control liquid cooler, and not all other thinks that we all use to control with other software (for example I use Gigabyte soft. for control fans...)

I am really disappointed with Corsair Link. It is absolutly useless for me. I am disappointed with Corsair H115 PRO because of it's price. It costs much more then normal liquid coolers and I choose it thinking it will be PRO and the amateur software Corsair Link just spoils this perfect cooler. If the software would worked fine, my computer could be absolutly passive & quiet.

GRaZ 04-17-2018 07:56 AM

I too have this issue after upgrading to a H115i.

My Western Digital Caviar Black makes a clicking noise every 3 seconds when Link 4 polls it.
Its inconvenient, is there any news on a new release of Link 4 and this issue solved? Last release was 22/12/2017 as per website.

How hard can it be?

momorious 04-17-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRaZ (Post 950705)

My Western Digital Caviar Black makes a clicking noise every 3 seconds when Link 4 polls it.
Its inconvenient, is there any news on a new release of Link 4 and this issue solved? Last release was 22/12/2017 as per website.

How hard can it be?

Uninstall Link and go for iCUE. Latest version *should* have resolved this clicking issue by disabling the sensors for the HDDs but for me that one didnt solved it and my HDD is still clicking every 4 seconds.
But at least it seems that they are working on that issue, but no longer for a Link release it seems. Focus is now on iCUE.

aceisme 04-17-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRaZ (Post 950705)

How hard can it be?

You can delete the CPUIDSDK.dll from the CorsairLink4 folder however, you won't have any system temp readings, just the reading from Link devices like your H115i so be mindful of that. Maybe just rename that file to something else like CPUIDSDK.dl_original.

Corsair CJ 04-17-2018 12:53 PM

The same fix for iCUE will be implemented in CL4, you should an expect an update to drop soon.

Please note that mechanical hard disks will be not be monitored in CL4 as a result.

momorious 04-17-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair CJ (Post 950735)
The same fix for iCUE will be implemented in CL4, you should an expect an update to drop soon.

Please note that mechanical hard disks will be not be monitored in CL4 as a result.

Hi!
Dont know if you didnt noticed my post but whatever should have solved the clicking issue in iCUE did NOT fixed it for me. My WD Black 2TB HDD is still making a loud click sound every 4 seconds. As soon as I close iCUE this clicking stops....

quadlatte 04-17-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

yeah nice break of link, now it doesnt show any temps for ANY DRIVES including SSD's or M.2's so thanks allot for taking the easy way out instead of properly doing it.

Topsu7 04-18-2018 12:23 AM

The issue has been fixed! HALLELUJAH!

It's only been bugging me for over a year now. I had to register just to celebrate.

Jackouille 04-18-2018 04:21 AM

Phew finally some people who have the same "problem" as me actually link sometimes not always click one of my dd, hwmonitor also sometimes, and a-tuning always!
Sometimes you have to reboot to make it stop!
I'm glad to see that it's not my hard disk that's letting go.
H150i pro on z370 taichi

aceisme 04-18-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Does this mean that the HD light will still flicker every couple of seconds if you have SSD's/M.2's in the system when running CL4? If the answer is yes, then I don't see that to be a fix. Maybe CL4 should have the option to stop monitoring hard drives completely.