Corsair Community

Best RGB radiator fans?

shadow85

I have a H115i Platinum as intake mounted on the top of a 500D SE RGB case.

Are the included 120 LL fans the best for radiator or should I change to another set of RGB fans?

Surely your AIO came with 140mm fans, not 120mm?

Unless you are obsessed with RGB, then I'd recommend the ML140 fans, for both functionality and price. They are both quiet and efficient at moving a lot of air at relatively low speeds. I have a pair of these added to my H115i PRO to provide push/pull through the radiator.

The H115i already comes with 2 x 140mm ML fans...

"Two low-noise 140mm ML Series magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver improved airflow and produce just 20 dBA of noise at full speed." They look like the ML PWM Premium fans, no LED's and grey (gray) blades.

I would point out that the ML PWM Premium fans purchased separately are rated at 37 dBA and not the 20dBA listed with the H115i or 25 dBA for the H150i. You would think the ML fans included are the same model as the ones sold separately, but they don't appear to be. I haven't taken my case apart to look at part numbers yet, will do this weekend.

ML Fan Specs:

• ML Pro RGB LED, 25 (120mm) / 20.4 (140mm) dBA, 400-1200 RPM, 47.3 (120mm) / 55.4 (140mm) CFM

• ML Pro LED, 37 dBA, 400-2000 RPM, 75 (120mm) / 97 (140mm) CFM

• ML PWM Premium (grey blades), 37 dBA, 400-2400 RPM, 75 (120mm) / 97 (140mm) CFM

• ML Pro PWM Premium (black blades), 37 dBA, 400-2400 RPM, 75 (120mm) / 97 (140mm) CFM

Edited by Furyan

The H115i already comes with 2 x 140mm ML fans...

"Two low-noise 140mm ML Series magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver improved airflow and produce just 20 dBA of noise at full speed." They look like the ML PWM Premium fans, no LED's and grey (gray) blades.

I would point out that the ML PWM Premium fans purchased separately are rated at 37 dBA and not the 20dBA listed with the H115i or 25 dBA for the H150i. You would think the ML fans included are the same model as the ones sold separately, but they don't appear to be. I haven't taken my case apart to look at part numbers yet, will do this weekend.

The fans included with the H150i are the ML120 "Quiet", which are effectively the same as the ML120-RGB version without lights. Obviously when you reduce the maximum speed from 2400 to 1600, the noise level, airflow, and static pressure ratings drop. The H115i Pro has a similar 140mm version that is otherwise identical to the ML140-RGB.

I have a H115i Platinum as intake mounted on the top of a 500D SE RGB case.

Are the included 120 LL fans the best for radiator or should I change to another set of RGB fans?

You probably need to clarify which model you have. The H115i Platinum comes with two black high speed ML140-RGB fans. Only the white H100i Platinum comes with matching white high speed LL120 fans.

If you have have the black H115i Plat., you already have the most appropriate radiator fan in the Corsair RGB series. If you have the H100i platinum SE, you could swap in a pair of ML120-RGB fans, but that seems a bit wasteful to ruin the white theme all in exchange for 1-2C of coolant temp change. ML and LL fans have a very different LED scheme and this is usually the more influential factor in people's decisions.

The fans included with the H150i are the ML120 "Quiet", which are effectively the same as the ML120-RGB version without lights. Obviously when you reduce the maximum speed from 2400 to 1600, the noise level, airflow, and static pressure ratings drop. The H115i Pro has a similar 140mm version that is otherwise identical to the ML140-RGB.

Would be nice if they made the "quiet" model available. Thanks for clarifying that, I don't need to take apart my case now. :biggrin:

Yeah, it has gotten really messy with the ML PRO/LED specs, the RGB and H115i/H150i Pro stock fans, and then the H100i Pro fans that are the same as the ML Pro twin pack grey. However, the bottom line is they are all the same blade and frame, so at speed XXX, they all produce exactly the same result. The only reason to upgrade the fans on the H150i is if 1) you really would make use of the 2000+ rpm fan speeds (probably not on a 360mm) or 2) to change the visual appearance. That one is more compelling.

LL120s now exist in a high speed version (white and Platinum SE cooler only) as well. It's tricky.