Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.6.0.86 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.6.0.86.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.6.0.86, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

03/20/2017 - Corsair Link Software Update Version v4.6.0.86

Changelog:

• Full single-color Vengeance DRAM support (including synced pulse) for Z170/Z270
  • Full Vengeance RGB DRAM support for Z170/Z270
  • X99 support for both items above (Beta)
  • DRAM Timings shown in UI
  • DRAM Part number shown for UI
  • SP RGB Fan support for Lighting Node PRO
  • Addressed issue with H110i that may run pump at lower RPM until software startup
  • Kabylake CPU support

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Kabylake CPU support

1. CL 4.6.0.86 failing to support AMD Ryzen is outrageous given the AMD Ryzen 7 was released 0f 02-Mar-2017. I released SIV 5.17 on 14-Mar-2017 with Ryzen 7 support so CL 4.6.0.85 released on 20-Mar-2017 should have had Ryzen support.
  2. CL 4.6.0.86 failed to report any of the ITE IT8655E motherboard sensors on my ASUS Prime B350-Plus AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core (Summit Ridge) [ZP-B1] system :(:.
  3. CL 4.6.0.86 also failed to report some of the ITE IT8665E motherboard sensors on my Kaby Lake system, so to me Kaby Lake/Z270 support has only been half added :confused:.
  4. The 1.1.5.4 CPUID SDK is too old and as a result some of my motherboard temperatures are not reported and VBAT 1.15 is incorrect. Given I specified 1.1.5.5 in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=891269 why was 1.1.5.4 shipped?
  5. No fix for http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=854759 is pathetic and as I specified before to fix -ve X and fail to fix -ve Y is incompetent! When I move the CL 4.6.0.86 window to screen 3 as soon as I release the mouse it jumps back to screen two :(:.
  6. The title of DIMMs section flashes between Hyundai + Qimonda + Elpida and the Part Number is always missing :sigh!:. Given I reported this is http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=890726 why has it not been fixed?
  7. Rather the DRAM CL4 should display the RAM type, DDR4/DDR3/etc. and it's also silly to display 16.0 as the latency and the .0 should not be there except for DDR1. The number of channels and operating mode should also be displayed, Single/Dual/Triple/Quad and Dual Xeon system has 8 Memory Buffers/Channels.
  8. Again CL4 should display it's version number as I find many members fail to specify this or state "latest version" when posting.
  9. Again I further feel CL4 should use meaningful names rather than the Temp #1 form it currently uses, same for the fan names.
  10. Again reporting the same disk temperature twice is silly and causes confusion for some, see the 2nd #2 in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=890673
  11. Again SIV can control the H110i + H110iGT pump speed using a Custom Curve, when will CL4 be able to do this?
  12. Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.6.0.86.zip contains Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.6.0.86.zip which contains Corsair LINK Installer v4.6.0.86.exe, this is silly :rofl:.

The interlocking semantics are still incorrect and given I reported this on 09-Aug-2016 why? I also e-mailed the product manager again who did not even reply to all my e-mails. I suspect it's a one line change and can be tested using SIV 5.12 or later. It might have been half fixed, but when I open Configure Fan then pressed [Apply] a few times [Link Test] reported @ 00:29:50.894 seq 40 5 = CreateFile( \\?\usb#vid_1b1c&pid_0c02#7289_1.0#{3c5e1462-5695-4e18-876b-f3f3d08aaf18} ) Access is denied. so I expect the CL4 locking semantics are still incorrect in some of the CL4 code. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=892949 for the details.

well, i can see temp from my 960evo now, but the firmware update for LNP has bricked fan led control.

i can still control the light strips on channel 1, but the link on channel 2 that goes to my HD fan hub now only controls the first LED on the 2nd fan. the rest of the LED on that fan, and the other 3 fans are all stuck on static, purple, low brightness.

consolidating the k17 loads into one line was good. still no temp output (1700x, asus b350m-a)

<edit>

def was the firmware update that i received after updating CL4 that bricked the LNP. can still control all 4 strips independently with SIV as well. fans still stuck on purple.

the firmware update for LNP has bricked fan led control.

i can still control the light strips on channel 1, but the link on channel 2 that goes to my HD fan hub now only controls the first LED on the 2nd fan. the rest of the LED on that fan, and the other 3 fans are all stuck on static, purple, low brightness.

Post the CL 4.6.0.86 LNP configuration panel. My LNP has the same configuration and CL 4.6.0.86 works for me and I also have also updated to the V0.2.54 LNP firmware,

I have seen my LNP get into a funny state and CL 4.5.0.55 failed to report this. Post the SIV [Link Status] + [Link LEDs] + [Link Setup] panels which may report an error and see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=892383.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or ram my head through the wall. It's like reading the same mystery novel over and over again. The software developers at Corsair must hide under their desks with flak helmets on when Technobeard hits "Post" for these new releases of Link. How could they do this - again, knowing Red-Ray and an increasingly "aware" community are here waiting to see if Corsair has resolved glaring issues with trivial to implement solutions that have been handed to them. A few new release bugs is understandable, and maybe even expected, but this borders on the surreal.

I have seen more and more posts exclaiming frustration and disgust regarding the continued release of software updates with no resolution to known problems. And people swearing to never purchase another Corsair product and vowing to encourage others to not do the same. This has to be costing Corsair a significant amount of money by now, not to mention reputation in the enthusiast market they cater to. I can't fathom how the management at Corsair allows this to continue. Amazing.

Post the CL 4.6.0.86 LNP configuration panel. My LNP has the same configuration and CL 4.6.0.86 works for me and I also have also updated to the V0.2.54 LNP firmware,

I have seen my LNP get into a funny state and CL 4.5.0.55 failed to report this. Post the SIV [Link Status] + [Link LEDs] + [Link Setup] panels which may report an error and see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=892383.

as soon as i get home tonight, i will.

i also uninstalled 4.6, rebooted, and reinstalled 4.5 ... same issue with the fan led control there as well.

i also uninstalled 4.6, rebooted, and reinstalled 4.5 ... same issue with the fan led control there as well.

Do you have any SP120 RGB LED fans please? I am adding LNP SP120 RGB LED fan support and need to test it and don't have a SP120 RGB LED fan.

You may as well stick with CL 4.6.0.86 as I suspect it's the LNP firmware that is confused.

Once you have reverted press the little button below the hole in the LNP as CL 4.6.0.86 may offer to recover the LNP firmware.

I also wondered what the small hole was for and it took me all of 2 minutes to find out and it seems to be a recovery firmware loader.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27888&d=1487782905

In the UI the LED indicator for my H115i is blinking red and blue like it's reading package temp but the LED on the pump is remaining blue as it's reading water temp. Something is not right here.

CL 4.6.0.86 causes a BSOD 100% of the time on W10 x32 RS2 Build 15063 :mad:. Dump file attached.

What is a real PITA is CL4 set itself to automatically run on system start-up and promptly crashes the system again. :linksucks

CL4 should default to not auto-run and should prompt the user before enabling auto-run to allow for this type of effect.

I guess I should post the system specs even though it's unlikely Corsair will address this issue 'till RS2 is released next month and many more systems are getting BSODs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28268&stc=1&d=1490126756

032117-15015-01.zip

REY.thumb.png.304ac37c0d0a6452f573a7ebcf13cd97.png

three more dump files.zip

My sincere thanks to Corsair, with this update I receiverd 4 fans for free. At least Link is showing me 8 fans now, 1 is identical with 5, 2 with 6 and so on.

In fact I don't even have 4 fans, one "fan" is showing half the pump speed of my H115i (go figure). But this was the case with all Link versions and I got used to it. But showing 8 fans when only 3 actually exist is a bit much for my taste, although it does look quite impressive;-)

An other thing, apart from all the bugs red-ray is kindly (and unsuccessfully) pointing out, why can't I make the window smaller, that's kind of a very basic UI thing.

I've been using the Corsair Link software since August 2016, I would like to see some features in future versions.

1. Ability to rename hardware titles, a feature that would improve how things are listed.

2. Support for Windows resizing - At present the native resolution of my primary display is 1024x768 @ 51" however as you can see via the attached image the lower portion of the app is cut off by the taskbar. I cannot use the graphing feature as this is cut off due to the resolution limit.

3. Ability to move hardware blocks around the app would improve the layout

2015193728_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.155fcf3af9657f39ed3c306eac861003.png

Im guessing it's been covered, but does anybody know why my RX480 Red Devil is not showing up in the Corsair Link software?

Not for CL 4.6.0.86. Does it show up in any 3rd party monitoring software?

Assuming so then I suspect this is a bug in the AMD GPU drivers what mean that the AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK API calls fail to work when called from a WIN32 service.

Here's a screebshot of my home tab. Will look into SMBus, when I get home from work.

Thank you for the CL4 screen shot. I guess all the DIMMs are identical (are they?) and should have identical part numbers, but to me it looks like CL4 has misread them.

Given this in addition to [sMB Bus] then I wonder what [sPD] reports and if SIV does any Better.

Not for CL 4.6.0.86. Does it show up in any 3rd party monitoring software?

Assuming so then I suspect this is a bug in the AMD GPU drivers what mean that the AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK API calls fail to work when called from a WIN32 service.

Hi red-ray. It shows up in like GPUz and CPUz and Wattman (obv). I don't run anything else really. If it's an AMD bug theres like zero chance it gets fixed in my lifetime lol. Thanks for the info.

Hi red-ray. It shows up in like GPUz and CPUz and Wattman (obv). I don't run anything else really. If it's an AMD bug theres like zero chance it gets fixed in my lifetime lol. Thanks for the info.

Looking in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=896140 you will see a Radeon HD 7800 shows up and I expect that is using an older driver. Which driver version are you using?

I know the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition drivers report random and incorrect voltages as I needed to make SIV to filter them out and as I recall CL4 stopped reporting AMD GPUs about the same time. If you look there are lots of posts such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=893342 about this.

Franck (CPUZ author) mentioned that CPUZ was also reporting silly AMD GPU voltages the other day.

I have a H100i that is not showing up at all in CL4. I have to run the USB to an external USB, as I need the 2 internal USB headers

Does the H100i show up on Device and Printers as a Corsair Integrated USB Bridge?

BTW I noticed CL4 reported your HD 7800, what AMD driver version do you have please? I suspect it's as older one as with the latest AMD GPUs don't seem to show up.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585 if you don't have enough motherboard USB 2.0 headers.

Archived