Corsair Community

iCUE questions

speancer

Hi, I've bought K70 MK.2 Rapidfire with Cherry MX Speed switches and I love it, but I'd have some questions about setting things ready to go with iCUE software.

1) How do I make advanced lightning options? I don't seem to find it. I see people creating some awesome lightning effects, how to do that?

2) How can I set lightning to do RGB spectrum cycles, not random color cycles? I guess I'd have to do that manually somehow?

3) I know how to open folders with .bat files in iCUE, but how do I open websites with iCUE?

4) Where do I look for lightning presets other people create and how do I apply these presets?

Thanks in advance.

1. Most of the advanced lighting come from the custom effects but you could get creative with layering predefined effects as well. On the K70 MK.2 page click + (add) next to Lighting Effects to add an effect. Under the keyboard image is a drop down to select pre defined, custom and lighting link effects.

2. What exactly do you mean by RGB Spectrum cycles?

3. Someone else will need to answer that.

4. Most popular profile maker is Alex Krastev: https://alex.krastev.org/featured_profiles You need to use the import/export feature in iCUE.

Thanks for answering, Astral85.

Ad 2. By RGB spectrum cycling I mean that the option iCUE provides is just color cycling and it cycles in random colors, it can go like red-blue-red-blue-other color. How I wish it worked was cycling through the whole RGB spectrum, like wave effect does. I also have a HyperX keyboard and it cycles through full RGB spectrum, not random colors.

Ad 3. Guess Google will help :)

Ad 4. Thanks, do you know any more guys like this?

Thanks for answering, Astral85.

Ad 2. By RGB spectrum cycling I mean that the option iCUE provides is just color cycling and it cycles in random colors, it can go like red-blue-red-blue-other color. How I wish it worked was cycling through the whole RGB spectrum, like wave effect does. I also have a HyperX keyboard and it cycles through full RGB spectrum, not random colors.

Ad 3. Guess Google will help :)

Ad 4. Thanks, do you know any more guys like this?

Does rainbow wave or color shift not give you the RGB spectrum effect you want? Do you mean a color cycling effect over all of the keys at the same time?

I don't know anyone else that does iCUE profiles like Alex Krastev... but there are some user created profiles in his collection. He is also on Youtube and offers tutorials as well: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP84iNb9K2Nct5CrKRCUdXA

I mean that the cycle color effect does not go through spectrum, it goes through random colors, and I don't like it, because it can cycle like red-blue-red-blue-green-red-green-red-other color, you got it? I wish it was changing color for spectrum, not random colors, just like color wave goes through spectrum and not random colors.

The ones that say "random" cycle in random order between the 6 primary R-G-B value combinations of 255 and 0.

Rainbow wave and Spiral Rainbow do go in "rainbow order" and can be selectively applied where desired. Beyond that, you need to actually make your own effects if you want specific timings or patterns. Those are the central section of the drop down menu and take the form of gradients, waves, and ripples. To make a color shifting gradient across R-O-Y-G-B-V, add the dots to the lighting pattern and then adjust the cycle time at the bottom. Those 6 primary RGB values are saved at the bottom in the "basic" color tab. Since it loops around, if you start with red, you will also want to end with red or whatever color you initiated the loop with.

You are not going to pick this all up in 5 minutes and will need to spend some time learning how to create. There are basic tutorials in the sticky section in this forum. There are also advanced tutorials like the one below, although I am not sure I would start there until after you have spend some time figuring out what the effects do.

Gradients

Waves & ripples

Advanced Profiles

Edited by c-attack