Corsair Community

HX1000i Not Reporting Readings to iCue

CCallahan

I'm using the HX1000i and it is recognized in iCue. However, all of the readings are blank, meaning it is not reporting temp, voltage, etc.

Wouldn't think the USB port is bad since iCue can still see the device.

What is the best way to troubleshoot this further?

Other monitoring tools may get into conflict with iCUE over polling the same devices. If you are using AIDA, HWiNFO, etc. at the same time, you need to disable monitoring of the Corsair devices in those programs. This is usually the issue with missing data fields or gibberish values (12v rail = 3.3v, etc).

The other thing to be aware of is the HX and AXi PSUs don't really wake up from S3 sleep. After you resume, the device reverts back to its default behavior (fan profile and settings). You can toggle the fan all you want, but the PSU won't accept the setting. Normally voltages are there and it appears to be working normally, so more likely you are looking at the issue above, but just FYI. You either need to reconnect the USB for the PSU (a real pain if internal) or restart the PC. I run a USB connector to the rear panel on that build so I can jump start when needed.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no other monitoring software installed. Also, the PC is not set to go to sleep so it is either running or coming up from a restart/full power on.

The USB is inside the case so yes, this makes it difficult to just unplug and reconnect.

It still works but on occasion won't report any readings. I'll just deal with it. Wanted to make sure the PSU wasn't faulty.