Corsair Community

Blue Screen error. Can't update firmware

Chacal

Hi,

When I´m playing or seeing the internet some times my computer stop doing all. After 2 minutes I can see a blue screen:

"collecting data for crash dump...

Initializing disk for crash dump..."

This problem starts when I get "Corsair Force 3 SSD". I search on Internet for a sollution and I find to upgrade Firmware.

My firmware is 1.2 and Signature 142-142-22788 but when I follow instructions for upgrade it, I get the check OK on the disk and FW Rev didn´t change. I reset computer, Rescan Drives and nothing change. I try again with same result.

I was playing 30min ago and I blue screen falls my computer again.

Can you help me?

O.S. Windows 7

Thx

Please post your specs in your profile here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra

Did you follow the instructions in the update instructions, e.g. put the SSD on an Intel or AMD port, right click and run as admin, etc?

How I can do this? "put the SSD on an Intel or AMD port"

My disc is in AHCI and I run as administrator. I put all specs in my profile.

It is in the Sata3 port. i have to put it in sata 2? that mean?¿

Yes, connect it to the SATA2 port. Your SATA3 ports are connected to a Marvell controller. As noted in the instructions, you cannot run the update connected to a Marvell controller.

Thanks. I didn´t know that Sata2 port is called "Intel SATA port", sorry. I will do it..

Just FYI, this information is in your manual. Your motherboard has 2 SATA controllers. One is the Intel ICH10-R and the other is the Marvell controller.

Archived