The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   iCUE Software (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   Getting USB driver errors with ICUE (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185919)

Draugr 03-05-2019 11:07 AM

Getting USB driver errors with ICUE
 
Hello, everyone I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm in the right area.

I just built this rig a couple of weeks ago and I began to get these system event errors once I set up all the corsair equipment.

I have a
CORSAIR Commander PRO
CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO
CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit x6
CORSAIR ML140 PRO RGB LED 140MM PWM x3
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
CORSAIR RMi Series RM1000i

Once the system boots I always here the Device manger sounds go off a couple of time but nothing malfunctions. Then once I boot up a game these events start to go off and my USB drivers for my Steelseries Artic pro headset gets effected and my Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Logitech G502 hero mouse turn on and off and become unusable for 5-20 seconds.

Then I get these errors once I look at device manger and look at system events.

Not 100% sure but I think based by the VID and PID this is ether my PSU or Hydro Series? Any help will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Kernel-PnP 400 Device USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1C0D\6&29c2ed67&0&2 was configured.
Kernel-PnP 410 Device USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1C0D\6&29c2ed67&0&2 was started
Kernel-PnP 420 Device USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1C0D\6&29C2ED67&0&2 was deleted
Kernel-PnP 442 Device Device USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1C0D\6&29c2ed67&0&2 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

Glzmo 03-06-2019 11:21 AM

Your problem is likely that iCue/the platinum cooler driver crashes and causes repetitive USB disconnects/reconnects when it tries to restarts itself (this is especially common when programs that poll the USB bus are running, like Steam, hardware monitoring programs that access the cooler's sensors, etc.). When that happens (too frequently) and you have lots of USB devices connected that Windows polls all at once when your cooler driver crashes and you'll get the error. This is a known bug with iCue and Platinum coolers.

Try to set your Platinum cooler's lighting to a static color or off or try the workaround in my signature. See if any of those help in your case. If none of them do, you might have a different problem. In that case, you could try connecting the Cooler with a Micro-USB to USB-A cable to a USB 3 port on the back of your case and see if that stabilizes things in conjunction with the two workarounds mentioned previously.

Draugr 03-06-2019 09:37 PM

Thank you for the response and help Glzmo,

Funny enough I did almost all of the options on that link but none worked. I didn't try the putting the cable into a 3.0 port since I thought I couldn't do that. But oddly enough I don't know if this is a thing or not but I bought a Commander pro and a Node pro.... some how I mixed the node Pros cables with the PSU link cables :confused: :eek:. The pin out on the Cpro and Npro are the same but the PSU's cable is different. After I switched them and booted a few games It stopped getting errors.

Thanks again
Cheers!

crack_monkey 03-07-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draugr (Post 996679)
Thank you for the response and help Glzmo,

Funny enough I did almost all of the options on that link but none worked. I didn't try the putting the cable into a 3.0 port since I thought I couldn't do that. But oddly enough I don't know if this is a thing or not but I bought a Commander pro and a Node pro.... some how I mixed the node Pros cables with the PSU link cables :confused: :eek:. The pin out on the Cpro and Npro are the same but the PSU's cable is different. After I switched them and booted a few games It stopped getting errors.

Thanks again
Cheers!

Can you go into details with the cables, what you did? What do you mean with PSU cable? i think i understand something else like you, cause PSU is the power Cable for graphics and so on.

Corsair Calico Jack 03-07-2019 06:46 PM

Switching the CorsairService to manual in services.msc also gets around the issue.

Guitarmageddon 03-10-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack (Post 996808)
Switching the CorsairService to manual in services.msc also gets around the issue.

Could you describe what this does? I posted a thread about this a while back and I think the consensus was just that it is what it is? As you can see from here, every single time on startup it logs it as a corsair service crash. You hear the usb connect/disconnect sound and then everything starts as normal, lighting, fans etc.

https://i.imgur.com/MDU7QnC.png

DevBiker 03-10-2019 11:04 PM

The Corsair Service handles communication with DIY devices (Lighting Node Pro, Commander Pro, AIOs, PSUs, etc). So it actually should run behind the scenes.
I would bet that every single one of those crashes is due to WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). You'll see it in the crash log as System.Management.

Guitarmageddon 03-11-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 997181)
The Corsair Service handles communication with DIY devices (Lighting Node Pro, Commander Pro, AIOs, PSUs, etc). So it actually should run behind the scenes.
I would bet that every single one of those crashes is due to WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). You'll see it in the crash log as System.Management.

What if I changed the registry under current control set, for that service, to delay the start say 120 seconds or something? Youthink it fails just because of all the stuff going on during startup, and it gets inserted before some other process starting, which it just needs to come after? Just thinking out loud, not sure

Corsair Calico Jack 03-11-2019 06:28 PM

^^^^^ That's basically what's happening 9 out of 10.

Draugr 03-15-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crack_monkey

Can you go into details with the cables, what you did? What do you mean with PSU cable? i think i understand something else like you, cause PSU is the power Cable for graphics and so on.
Sorry for the late response i've been busy at work. So I meant the PSU Corsair link cable I switch it with the Cpro/Npro Corsaire link cables. They are not the same pin out that plugs into the usb 2.0 header. Cpro and Npro have the same pin out but the PSU's Corsair link cable is different. Thats what was causing the driver failures. I will look into the other posts to see what that does but for now I have not had any system errors or crashes


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.