The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   iCUE Software (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   H100i platinum, ML120s, ML140. Commander pro? (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183496)

nezff 12-14-2018 06:08 PM

H100i platinum, ML120s, ML140. Commander pro?
 
I understand about the RGB cable, but wasnt sure how to POWER the fans other than getting a commander pro and eliminated the NODE PRO.


https://i.imgur.com/tGK5fQO.png

DevBiker 12-14-2018 10:30 PM

The Platinum coolers have RGB connectors for the fans. So you won't need to connect them to the Fan Hub with the other fans (though you certainly can if you like).
Other than that, you seem to have it handled. You are correct; they Commander Pro will replace the Lighting Node Pro (and then some). This is a good option if you have limited PWM Fan Headers on the motherboard.

nezff 12-16-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 985473)
The Platinum coolers have RGB connectors for the fans. So you won't need to connect them to the Fan Hub with the other fans (though you certainly can if you like).
Other than that, you seem to have it handled. You are correct; they Commander Pro will replace the Lighting Node Pro (and then some). This is a good option if you have limited PWM Fan Headers on the motherboard.

Thank you sir. I was mainly plugging all the fans into the hub because of them syncing up together. Having the same lighting.

One quick question: Can I plug the USB from the H100i Platinum into the USB on the commander pro? This basically just saves me running a USB into my mobo.

thanks in advance.

c-attack 12-16-2018 02:19 PM

Yes, you can plug the cooler USB 2.0 into the C-Pro USB slot and that is one of it's key utility features. Getting hard to find a board with more than 1 USB 2.0 internal port. The C-Pro USB receptacle looks a bit off and more like a USB 3, but if you look inside you will see the expected 2.0 pin-out.

nezff 12-16-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-attack (Post 985729)
Yes, you can plug the cooler USB 2.0 into the C-Pro USB slot and that is one of it's key utility features. Getting hard to find a board with more than 1 USB 2.0 internal port. The C-Pro USB receptacle looks a bit off and more like a USB 3, but if you look inside you will see the expected 2.0 pin-out.

Great! thanks so much.

nezff 12-17-2018 08:20 AM

Got the commander pro in. One question. The usb from the h100i platinum seems a tad short. Causing me to try and move things closer inside the case. If I move the commander pro closer to top of case, the usb from the commander might not reach and vice versa. Thanks in advance and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DevBiker 12-17-2018 08:54 AM

You can use internal USB extensions.

nezff 12-17-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 985835)
You can use internal USB extensions.

Right. Next question. I notice the usb end from the h100i that goes to mobo header is only 4-5 wires whereas others like commander pro has more. Should I search for a extension with 4-5 wired? Thanks

DevBiker 12-17-2018 11:28 AM

Good eyes!

So ... here's how it works. Each internal USB header has 2 USB ports. Each USB port uses 4 pins. The extra pin on one row is for an additional ground.

As you've noted, the H100i only uses a single port. The Commander Pro, however, requires both ports. One of those ports is for the CoPro's internal MCU, the other is for the CoPro's USB hub.

For the H100i, you can use an extension for a single port. Just make sure that you are super-careful to line up the wiring! In fact, I've used just such an extension cable for both my H115i (both the Pro and Platinum) and my HX1200i to put both of them on a single USB 2.0 internal header.

nezff 07-17-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-attack (Post 985729)
Yes, you can plug the cooler USB 2.0 into the C-Pro USB slot and that is one of it's key utility features. Getting hard to find a board with more than 1 USB 2.0 internal port. The C-Pro USB receptacle looks a bit off and more like a USB 3, but if you look inside you will see the expected 2.0 pin-out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 985473)
The Platinum coolers have RGB connectors for the fans. So you won't need to connect them to the Fan Hub with the other fans (though you certainly can if you like).
Other than that, you seem to have it handled. You are correct; they Commander Pro will replace the Lighting Node Pro (and then some). This is a good option if you have limited PWM Fan Headers on the motherboard.

wanted to see what you guys thought of this new layout for my PC. thanks in advance. Let me know if anything should be changed.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...63&postcount=8

DevBiker 07-17-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nezff (Post 1011583)
wanted to see what you guys thought of this new layout for my PC. thanks in advance. Let me know if anything should be changed.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...63&postcount=8

Assuming that they are all LL fans, that's all good.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.