Corsair Community

Best radiator fans

victorgpu

Minimal cooling difference, if any. I swap back and forth and can't see any measurable value. If you want to split hairs, the ML might move a little more air through a radiator at low speeds and the HD might move slightly more at the higher end where is runs a bit faster. Not really enough to change temp by a single degree for me.

However, the ML series is unquestionable quieter and smoother in tone than most fans. You can run the ML 200-300 rpm higher for the same noise on the HD. Thus, in terms of a performance per dB metric, the ML would win.

Unless you have a bee in your bonnet about any kind of fan noise, I would choose based on the one that has the preferred lighting pattern for you. Mixing and matching is kind of pain, so what would you want on the entire case? The HD series has 12 LEDs and I didn't like it at first. Once I got control in Link, that was a different story and I really like them in my 740. The ML are more subtle with 4 center lit LEDs. That has a definite value to some people and when I start to go blind from all the flash and dash, those will go back in.

ok thanks, i have another question, i have a h100i v2 and i connected the pump 3pin to the cpu fan header and the 2 fans on the spliter that comes from the pump, but how do i set the cpu fan in the bios ? dc mode or pwm mode ? i know that pwm its for 4pin conector and the pump has 3 pin.

It doesn’t matter as long as the CPU fan header is set to 100% or “disabled”. This will ensure the pump gets the 12v it needs. It used to be a common practice to set it to PWM as well, even thought the pump is technically a DC motor. Since PWM provides 12v at all speeds, this was a Fail safe to ensure the pump got its voltage. However, now in the current auto select header era, you might be out trick your BIOS attempting to force it to PWM. Disabled or 100%/full speed will do.

Archived