The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legacy Corsair Software (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   CUE Feature Suggestions (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138328)

Aytex 03-02-2016 04:29 PM

I'm not sure if there is an option already but kinda copy razer's chroma settings and for the LED's to turn off when your screen is off

paradonym 03-06-2016 02:38 PM

type light-Enlighten the second key pressed while executing an FN function... Pressing FN+F5 or so only type enlights the FN key, not the F5-Key...

lanrion 03-07-2016 03:42 AM

Hello!

I'm completely deaf in one ear, and I would like the option in the audio profiles for my Void RGB USB to adjust balance so all the audio goes to my good ear; or just have a Mono toggle. Many games' audio is VERY positional and sometimes I can't hear certain sounds at all because it's going to the wrong ear.

Or, maybe there already is a way to do this and I just can't find it...

Thanks!

paradonym 03-14-2016 03:16 PM

Windows 10 accent color as color selection for the devices. To color the keyboard according to windows background taskbar auto colorisation

and if I haven't said it before: setting an FN-Function for every other of the 103 keys which should improve key bindings A LOT... having 10.609 possible keybindings on the keyboard and probably many more if FN+Alt+#key, FN+Shift+#key, FN+Ctrl+#key is added (that should then be round about 31.825 possible keybindings)
so programmers, scale the database for keybindings BIG :)

terabyte 03-15-2016 10:25 AM

Does a person even need ~32k possible macro combinations? That seems kinda "do it just for the sake of it"...

Jkraghify 03-15-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terabyte (Post 842499)
Does a person even need ~32k possible macro combinations? That seems kinda "do it just for the sake of it"...

It would be a great marketing point. A macro executed on almost any key combo you could think of...

I'm thinking this is already possible in Autohotkey. I set up macros in the past that executed when I held CTRL+mouse4, a keyboard and mouse interaction!

Maybe it's not the number of unique key combinations, but the flexibility in being able to choose which keys do exactly what. It sounds cool to me, but honestly I'm more interested in some extra lighting functionality since I know I can turn to AutoHotKey for macros that I dont know how/can't build in CUE.

konnerbllb 03-15-2016 06:24 PM

I would like to request that you allow for launch parameters when creating a macro that opens a program. For example. This is what I'd like to see supported.

D:\ScreenBright.exe -set screen 1 brightness 20 contrast 20

I'm formerly a Logitech user and the only reason I purchased a K95 RGB over a new Logitech keyboard is because it has an extra row of G keys that I could use for my light level macros. These work in LGS but don't in CUE. Could you please add this functionality so I don't have to go back to Logitech? I've grown fond of this keyboard but I need this functionality for my own sanity. Thanks!

terabyte 03-16-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konnerbllb (Post 842586)
I would like to request that you allow for launch parameters when creating a macro that opens a program. For example. This is what I'd like to see supported.

D:\ScreenBright.exe -set screen 1 brightness 20 contrast 20

I'm formerly a Logitech user and the only reason I purchased a K95 RGB over a new Logitech keyboard is because it has an extra row of G keys that I could use for my light level macros. These work in LGS but don't in CUE. Could you please add this functionality so I don't have to go back to Logitech? I've grown fond of this keyboard but I need this functionality for my own sanity. Thanks!

There was an option like that before to add parameters when running an executable, it was removed because of some kind of security issues. I'm not sure of the details.

zacjones99 03-18-2016 01:30 AM

There should be a way to assign system volume control to the scroll wheel on the scimitar (or other CUE mice) as a volume control workaround for us Strafe owners without a volume wheel. Ideally we could click on the scimitar's scroll wheel to change it from scroll function to volume function, run the wheel up or down to adjust volume, then click the wheel again to return the function to scrolling. Could you guys come up with a macro for that? Thanks. Zac.

Riekopo 03-20-2016 07:46 PM

I think CUE should have a built in way to download lighting profiles. Like Steam Workshop for RGB lighting. I think that would be awesome.

BingoFishy 03-21-2016 07:48 PM

In the lighting effect section, it's impossible to use a decimal. It makes it nearly impossible to sync my mouse lighting breathing effect (impossible to change in the mouse software) with my keyboard. My mouse has an about 5.5 second breathing time. I've included a screenshot so it's easier to tell what I mean. http://i.imgur.com/XDXY5ue.png

I was wondering if non-integer numbers could be added.

paradonym 03-24-2016 05:43 PM

Binding modes of a profile to programs, not using the whole profile, but modes of that profile to enlighten the keyboard by process...
That would allow "folders" for light shemes for all Google Applications or so... or having one profile containing all games, instead of having a profile per game...

DOA 03-26-2016 04:14 PM

Security because many of us use macros to store complex passwords:
Encrypted storage of macros
Password protect macro encryption/decryption

Updates:
CUE version number under the icon in upper right, click on it for update check, if update is available a pop up dialogue box. Updates should be EASY.
When updating, have an option that says "update". Make it dim if there is no update, but put it up so there is no doubt the software is doing what it should.

RebelHell 03-29-2016 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renosoko (Post 789662)
Please combine CUE and Corsair Link together.
on my taskbar, there are two corsair programs running everytime
Can you guys please combine those two programs in one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacerXNFS (Post 837711)
Is support for older Corsair peripherals at all possible? CUE runs so much better with the M65 RGB's lighting and macro support, meanwhile the Raptor K50's software really is stuck in the dark ages. Having to run 2 separate programs in itself is pretty cumbersome too. This is probably the only thing I feel I can suggest, I've been quite happy with everything otherwise.

This. I currently have three pieces of Corsair software running all the time. Corsair LINK, Corsair Gaming Software, and now Corsair CUE. The features in the programs really need to be streamlined into one software package that can control all our peripherals. I don't expect you to support devices from other manufacturers. But you need to get your own hardware integrated into the same software space.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WP...w2326-h1308-no

Inheritance 03-29-2016 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelHell (Post 844560)
This. I currently have three pieces of Corsair software running all the time. Corsair LINK, Corsair Gaming Software, and now Corsair CUE. The features in the programs really need to be streamlined into one software package that can control all our peripherals. I don't expect you to support devices from other manufacturers. But you need to get your own hardware integrated into the same software space.

I get where your coming from having different software is annoying. But I dont think that merging CUE and Link will happen because one is for peripherals and the other is for case hardware. I do believe that CUE will be around for a while and hopefully their future device will use it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOA (Post 844216)
Security because many of us use macros to store complex passwords:
Encrypted storage of macros
Password protect macro encryption/decryption

Updates:
CUE version number under the icon in upper right, click on it for update check, if update is available a pop up dialogue box. Updates should be EASY.
When updating, have an option that says "update". Make it dim if there is no update, but put it up so there is no doubt the software is doing what it should.

What do you not like about the current update system??

How would encrypted storage of macros help if you can open them up in CUE and read it as plain text. Not to mention someone can just activate the macro in a text doc and get all your passwords. They would need to ask for a password so you can activate a macro to type your password.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradonym (Post 843939)
Binding modes of a profile to programs, not using the whole profile, but modes of that profile to enlighten the keyboard by process...
That would allow "folders" for light shemes for all Google Applications or so... or having one profile containing all games, instead of having a profile per game...

What if they took out modes and it just became one profile to one program?