• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 8 results

1. I've just upgraded my system to a 4080 & new HX1000 Corsair PSU. NZXT H7 elite case & fastgear 12vhpwr adapter. When the PC starts to have a load on it, the whining from the PSU begins. It's almost like a constant buzzing or very fast clicking. This did not happen on my previous evga 750w model. What could be the cause? For context, I have a 2700x AMD cpu, 16gb vengeance ram. The PSU I ordered from Amazon had a torn label on the shipping box itself. At the time I thought nothing of it, but now perhaps it's a unit someone returned and Amazon have shipped it out again? I ordered a fastgear Corsair 12vhpwr adapter because of a potential issue with the adapter provided with the 4080. I haven't tried this supplied adapter, I don't initially think the issue is because of the adapter cable. The PSU didn't come with a mains lead. I reused my old EVGA one. I didn't think this would be an issue though as those things seem to be pretty universal. So far I've seen a few "solutions": 1. Bad wiring in home, try the PC on a different circuit. (if it didn't work for the previous PSU, does that not still count here?? I haven't really got the ability to test another circuit ATM) 2. "Dirty" mains supply. Again, the old PSU no issue. I've ordered a kettle lead with ferrite bead on it to see if adding this filter would help. 3. The PSU itself needs RMA'd. I'd really rather not do this, I spent £200 and it'd leave me without a PSU for my PC till I got a new unit. 4. It's normal Psus make a whining noise. (I hope not because this can pierce through my headset) I've actually had a Corsair cx650 PSU die on me and take out a motherboard with it. I tried Corsair this time around again as people seem to rate them as having quality PSUs but this seems to be 2 for 2 for issues at the minute. Hoping there's an easy fix or further testing I can do to narrow down what's causing it.
  2. So I just purchased a brand new Corsair HX1000 to go into my new computer - but when I put a GPU into the system it whines really badly and can be heard from meters away. I also own a HX1200 so I tried swapping the HX1000 with the 1200 and it was fine. I put the HX1000 in a different system and the issue occured there indicating it's definitely the PSU. See the below video of the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l2vap84bb4ghzo/sound_issue.mp4?dl=0 Is this normal for the HX1000's?
  3. I just RMA-ed it, but was wondering if other people also experience this or that it is normal behavior. System details: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 AMD X5950 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 7x Corsair QL120 Fans Corsair 5000X Case What i’ve tried: Removing the GPU -> no difference Switching the cables to different inputs -> no difference Adding EMI/RFI filter -> no difference Grounded/ungrounded power outlet -> no difference When inside the case: [ame] [/ame] When outside the case: [ame] [/ame]
  4. I recently completed a build in an NCASE M1 using the SF750. I've noticed when gaming/at load and the PSU fan comes on, it starts making audible clicking noise (audible at up to 5-6 feet away). See video: https://streamable.com/laugjl I'm quite certain it's coming from the PSU, as I'm able to clearly hear the volume increase bringing my ear close to the PSU, which is easily isolated at the back of the NCASE. The noise also continues after GPU/CPU fans have died down when stopping gaming, as the PSU fan still is running for some time after system load has come down. Can anyone confirm if this is atypical, and if corsair would honor a part replacement?
  5. Just wondered what your thoughts are on this? Only got the HX750 yesterday to replace an old AX860. I wouldn't mind a little noise, but this is giving me tinnitus. Is this a one off or do I replace it with something different? [ame] [/ame]
  6. Hi all, I've just purchased a RM1000X after my previous Corsair CX750M seemed to cause system to power cycle under peak loads when over-clocking. The RM1000X has completely resolved this issue, however this PSU has possibly the worlds loudest coil whine / buzzing. This occurs when both on normal grid power, and when connected to a pure sine wave generating UPS. Under heavy loads such as games, this coil whine and buzzing can be so loud that it's audible anywhere in the house, and most definitely over the audio from my games while wearing headphones. Is there anything that can resolve this? This never occurred on the previous 750W or any other PSU that has, or is running. Unfortunately its literally driving me up the wall and making me dread using my PC currently. It's the only Corsair product that I have problems with. Keyboard, mouse, RAM, cooler, fans, case, etc... all excellent. See video / audio here: - (Video taken while idle on desktop, and connected to pure sine wave UPS) [ame] [/ame] EDIT: Its the RM1000X - my apologies. Confused myself with the naming schemes. Unfortunately unable to edit title.
  7. Hey, I've got an M65 PRO and it seems to be generating quite a bit of coil whine at 1000Hz. Turning down the polling rate has a tangible effect on the amount of noise. To have it inaudible, I have to set the polling rate to 250Hz or lower. Additional Note: - It also seems to occur when using interacting with applications such as FireFox or Windows, however when interacting with certain apps such as iCUE, it doesn't seem to be audible. - I've tried different USB ports to no avail My questions are: 1. Any ideas on how to resolve the coil whine? 2. If not, is there a way to set polling rates based off game profiles? Logitech allows for polling rates to be based off profiles, but it appears iCUE only has one central setting for the mouse in Settings. Thanks!
  8. My PC suddenly shutdown and restarted itself the other day while I was playing Civilization VI. It was as if there was a power outage, but I have it connected to a UPS. Could it be my PSU? Also, it’s been making a lot of electrical buzzing noise during games for the past year or two, and seems to be getting worse. It is loud enough to hear every time I play a game, unless I use headphones. I assumed it’s annoying but harmless coil whine. Should I RMA? Is it dangerous to use in the mean time? It’s the only PSU I have (HX750 bought around 5 years ago). Here’s a video I made to test whether it was my GPU or PSU making the noise. It gets louder when I move it down to the PSU. [ame] [/ame]