Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'satafirm s11'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 1 result

1. Hello everyone, I hope you are all the best. I tell you, I have a Corsair Force LE200 SSD SSD that I bought in 2019. Recently magically from one day to another it became unusable, since, it is now listed as "SATAFIRM S11", I searched a lot of information about it, and it is a problem of the SSD firmware version and the Phison PS3111-S11 chip that makes memory banks in it. Corsair released a firmware update 21.2, through its Corsair SSD Toolbox tool, obviously to know about it was necessary to search about it, and download the program. To be honest, it's not as common to download a firmware update for your SSD as it is to update your video drivers. Reading a lot about how to fix this problem, I came across articles (mostly in Russian) and a few YouTube videos about it, where they fixed other SSDs from other brands like Gigabyte, but with the same chip. Anyway, the solution is not so simple, since, depending on the manufacturer the firmware version you have to use is different. It should be noted that given the date of purchase, I am no longer within the warranty period to make an exchange or return to the company where I bought it, or resort to Corsair itself for the same, indistinctly I contacted the latter anyway to see if I could provide instructions or assistance, beyond assert the warranty, and to recover the unit, I am still waiting for a response. Continuing with the subject, and as far as I have learned the solution in the first place, is to try a tool called "repairs11", and if this fails then it consists of flashing through a tool called "s11flasher" the correct firmware where this problem is solved. To determine which firmware you should use it is necessary to use the "phison_flash_id" tool, that way you can get certain data. In my case the repairs11 tool made my SSD drive recognizable again (it tells me the SMART state of the drive, and before it didn't), but it still remains in the same state and the data is completely inaccessible. By the way, emphasize that this whole procedure causes your files to be permanently erased. And as far as I know there is no way to recover them once the SSD is in that state. Going back to the phison_flash_id tool, the data I got was as follows: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/qtzjc7qGSB/ Thanks to this we know that my SSD has firmware version SBFM21W1, more specifically SBFM21.1, and that my memory banks are Micron 32L(L06B) MLC. All of this information is relevant to determine what firmware we should flash to the unit. The problem is that getting the .BIN file to flash the firmware is not easy, and only some are available for certain SSD models. Unfortunately I have not found any that I am 100% sure will work for my SSD model. Since, my memory banks are "L06B MLC", this means they are manufactured in conjunction with Asolid AS2258 and thus have a different firmware ROM than the rest of the drives, and apparently do not accept custom firmware ROMS. So far there seems to be no definitive solution for these cases, in which the unit is already in "SATAFIRM S11" state, because some might think "Ah very simple, just plug the unit, and run the Corsair SSD Toolbox to update the firmware", but let me tell you that it does not work that way, because being in that state it becomes unrecognizable for most programs, and the computer itself. As it could be Crystaldisk or Hard Disk Sentinel. That's where I need your help, if anyone has had this problem, and knew how to fix it, I would appreciate a lot to know how to fix it. I would be very grateful. PS: I got all this information from videos on youtube, in different languages and Russian forums. I take no responsibility if someone has a similar problem and makes a mistake following any of the steps mentioned here with the same or another unit. Everything is at your own risk.