• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 9 results

1. Make no mistake, I didn't think it was possible for a headphone stand to have said effect on a system, which is why it's been "years of" issues. I have always had regularly random BSODs with my system from a certain point in time. It's an aging motherboard, modded for some new tech, so there is expected to be some discomfort at times. Growing pains, if you will. I will be upgrading soon, but this machine is still fast and responsive, as a result of tweaking and tweaking the tweaks for many years. And the board is a very solid board for its age. Anyways, on to the problem, and efforts I've given (also randomly and sporadically as life doesn't make such investigations a smooth process) in trying to assess the factors responsible for every sort of random crash, or make system adjustments to fix it. So, I have flashed the mobo bios with mods, and updated on board chip firmware, I have laced through the BIOS changing different settings, I have ran diagnostic tests on everything. I have solid quality components, and I have always built my own rigs, as well as building custom gaming rigs for others. I repair cell phones, tablets, electronics, etc so I have enough experience to be able to assess issues, and over time I can usually narrow things down to the heart of the issue. There has always been the thought in the back of my mind that the headset stand was a possible factor, but I didn't think that by being plugged in and not used for anything but holding up my headphones and displaying synced RGB lighting, that it would cause regular crashes. And I mean on every OS I've tried from every release of Windows since I received the stand, which have been many because after several BSODs, my solution is to start fresh and pay attention to when the BSODs start kicking in, and draw similarities until they point somewhere vague or specific. Also several Linux gui distros, ubuntu debian and arch based. Modified versions of Windows, as well. But the issue being so random and sporadic but regular, that I knew they were coming, yet no regularity so as to indicate anything specific... EXCEPT the times for whatever reason I had the headphone stand unplugged, and I would think everything was going great and decide to make sure everything was plugged in and working, and oh.. the stand right let's plug it in and get it set up too. Then usually not immediately, but still soon enough that thinking back I could start to see a peripheral timing association with the stand being plugged in.. but still stubbornly believed it wouldn't have that effect. Especially since the BSODs occurred at times when there were no obvious functions involving the stand going on - wasn't plugging or unplugging anything into the usb ports - in fact, it never happened when I was doing those things. The only thing is that I noticed there was a difference in functions between the usb port on the top near the upright base, and the one on the right side of the base. Almost as if one functioned as USB2.0 and the other as USB3.1 despite the fact they are both blue, which should indicate USB3.0/3.1 functionality. I did however, end up thoroughly checking the hub it was sometimes plugged into, thinking it was the hub and not the stand. lol yep. Anyways, this last install of 20H1 crashed on me a few times and I finally decided (who knows what finally triggers us to jump off that cliff, after standing on the edge of it looking down for so long - idk ask Freud) that the stand might be the issue and I needed to finally try specifically testing. Well I have had it unplugged for several days, and no issues with my system, no glitchy things happening, no random slower than normal boots, and NO BSODs... so far. Hopefully I don't get a red herring BSOD, and end up getting thrown off the stand focus, although this thread might assist in keeping from that possible eventuality. Ultimately, I'd like to see if anyone else might have similar issues. I couldn't find many in relation to this in a search, and the times I did, the user seemed to feel it was other issue with the stand, like the USB ports on the stand causing the BSODs, and I mean the 2 extra ports, not the main power port for the stand - which is a possibility. Anyways, I wanted to give my specifics and see if it triggered anyone else's memory or realizations of past or present experiences with the ST100 stand. Perhaps I can get some confirmation, or a nudge in a different direction, but still related to the stand, as I am positive that is the device causing the issues. And answering why would be the ultimate goal, although with computer tech - many why's go unanswered as an accepted loss. In any event, hopefully I can get some help here, or better yet help others. Thanks for the interest, and my most sympathetic apologies for the length of the... meandering type of explanation. Hopefully it was somewhat clear.
  2. I just recently bought a Vengeance i7400, the i9-12900k version, and have been getting random bsod and crashes during games. I've tried several different things to try to fix the issues but nothing seems to work. One of the things I've yet to try was a bios update and I was searching for a bios update for my particular model and the product page does not have one. I know this motherboard, msi z690 A Wi-Fi, has had more recent update. I don't necessarily think this will fix my problems but i wanted to rule this out.
  3. Hi everyone ! I recently decide to make an upgrade with my hardware. And since, I systematically have BSOD (Kernel-Power, Whea Ucorrectible Error). I wanted to be sure that my componement (and more specifically my RAM) are compatible. CPU; Ryzen 5 2600X =>Ryzen 9 5900X (non overclock) new hardware ! GPU: Radeon RX 570 => Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti (non overclock) new hardware ! Motherboard: AsRock B450M Pro4 PSU: Corsair VS550 2018 550W => Corsair TX750M 750W new hardware ! Ventirad: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 RAM: 2x Corsaire Vengenance LPX 8Gbts (separated order) SSD: WD Blue 500Go (OS), Intel 660P 1To (Stockage) Thanks in advance for your help !
  4. Running a Ryzen 7 3700X with a Gigabyte X570 Ultra and 5700XT GPU, 2x 16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 and a 850 Corsair PSU. Issue is that I can not get my system to run stable when I enable the XMP in BIOS. System runs great at 2133 but as soon as I enable XMP to get the 3200 speed I get random BSOD, sometimes when powering down or when watching YT. MemTest86 shows well over 200 errors after only 2 minutes! - Did a clean Win install, with latest AMD drivers etc. - Tried all different memory slots and combinations on the mainboard - Used 2 another same set of ram sticks - RMA'd the mainboard and memory - Tried entering the memory timings by using the Ryzen DRAM calculator (every which way that I found on the www) - Used the Corsair How-To-Guide for memory overclocking - Enabled XMP manually set the Multiplier to 32 and Voltage to 1.35V - Tried the above with High frequency support to Level 1 - Tried it in a number of different variations and suggestions in various forums - Tried most of the above on BIOS with AGESA 1003 ABBA, AGESA 1004B and AGESA 1004B & SMU 46.54.0 Nothing did result in any 100% improvement with the constant occurring BSODs So I reached out to on the Gigabyte Discord and got help from a user with the same issue :cool: The following settings solved his issue: - Enable XMP - Set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35V - Set RAM multiplier to 32x - Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) important! - Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would important! Memory slots used: A2/B2 And it also worked for me! System runs stable on 3200 without any BSOD. Did a overnight MemTest86 and zero errors! I believe it has something to do that the CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 is optimized for Intel and that maybe there is an issue with the XMP, that the values don't work with an AMD system. Would like to hear if anyone using CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 on an AMD Ryzen build has similar issues and if the above fix solved any potential BSOD issues. Update: Latest BIOS Update from GB 10c did not resolve the issue with the XMP profile and BSOD if the timings are not entered manually. Running stable on 10c with Win 10 v1909, overnight MemTest86 showed zero errors.
  5. For a while now, ICUE has been causing the irql not less or equal BSOD. Ive tried everything - different ICUE versions, clean installations and even bought a new SSD but the problem persists. Has anyone managed to find a solution?
  6. The only things I found on Windows Reliability monitor are a lot of faults related to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe This not necessary cause a BSOD but maybe. There is anyone with similar problem? In any case, please, can you check on your Windows Reliability Monitor if you have similar issues? Many thanks
  7. Dear all, I started getting BSODs SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - ntfs.sys, on my system since I got the corsair CMSX16GX4M1A2400C16 on my Lenovo Y520. I ran some diagnostics: - Windows memory diagnostics - Memtest86 Both report issues with the corsair memory. When running tests with memtest I did the test with 2 memories in the following order: mem stick 1: SKHynyx - 8gb 2400T SA1-11 alone on slot 1 mem stick 2: the 16gb CMSX16GX4M1A2400C16 Test 1: both sticks in - many errors Test 2: only stick 1 on slot 1 - no errors during tests Test 3: only stick 2 on slot 1 - many errors (results are in memtest_results.jpg attached file). Why is the corrsair reporting so many errors :(. It is less than an year old. From what I see it is compatible with the PC configuration. Any advice will be appreciated! System specs: Motherboard: Intel Sunrise Point HM175, Intel Kaby Lake-H Processor: QuadCore Intel Core i5-7300HQ, 3300 MHz (33 x 100) Memory (part number): CMSX16GX4M1A2400C16 Video Card # 1: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Video Card # 2: Intel HD Graphics 630 Hard Drive # 1: Kingston SA2000M8500G Hard Drive # 2: ST1000LM035-1RK172
  8. I have built a new setup couple weeks ago. Yesterday while playing some games, i got a BSOD and then my PC rebooted, after that, I noticed the windows was not booting anymore! After turning everything off for a while and back on again I noticed that my motherboard (which has a debugging led feature) was accusing the my DRAM was faulty. I removed the two DRAM and noticed that one of them is not working. I can boot my PC while using one of them, and can't boot while using the two and the other that I assume is fried. What can I do? It is very strange that everything was working pretty fine till yesterday. - 16Gb Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16) - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon - i9 9900k
  9. Hey, so before stating anything I would just like to say that I’m not an expert in any way so please bear with me on this one. So ever since I built my new computer and installed the iCue software to control my 3 LL120 rgb fans and 3 ML120 that I have noticed something weird. Whenever I launched the app the computer started to throttle, the screen would start dimming and returning to normal, and the refresh rate also seemed affected, with the frame rate dropping from 144hz to what seemed like 20. There wasn’t even any other app running, nor game, but the performance hit was very noticeable. But I assumed it wasn’t really a problem and moved on from it since once I closed iCue the computer would return to its normal state. However yesterday I bought and installed 4 RGB strips (all connected together and plugged in to commander) and the performance hit when using iCue increased even more. I then started to get many BSOD with the error message “WATCHDOG VIOLATION”. Removing and unninstaling iCue has seemed to solve the problem has I have not gotten any single BSOD since then. I have tried unninstaling iCue multiple times and nothing seems to be working, I would very much like to have this software since it enables me to control all the RGB functionalities I have paid for aswell as controlling the fan speeds, which are now running almost max speed constantly. Any help is appreciated and I can surely give any information if needed! Thanks and sorry for any case of bad english or bad pronounciation :)