• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 2 results

1. My Current set up, I've never actually owned a half decent PC in all my life and treated myself when I landed a new job and this is going to need to last me a while. Case: Corsair 700D - CC-9011218-WW PSU: 1200 w Corsair - CP-9020254-AU MOBO: ASUS - PRIME Z790-P WIFI-CSM CPU: Intel Core i9 13900K GPU: Nvidia 4090 – ( ASUS TUF-RTX4090-24G-GAMING ) RAM : 2 x 32 gb DDR 5 (Corsair CMH64GX5M2B6000C40) Primary Partition: 2 TB SSD ( WD - WDS200T2XHE ) OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home CPU Cooling: CPU Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler- This is ceiling mounted. ( in ICUE is denoted as first 3 fans and guessing also the pump) Case fans: Front : 3 x Noctua 140mm NF-A14 PWM chromax all on same controller/grouped as intake on the front. Rear: 1 x Noctua 140mm NF-A14 PWM chromax in the rear as outtake. Side: In the side panel 4 x Noctua 120mm NF-A14 PWM Chromax all on same controller/grouped So originally I did not have the side fans in the build. Everything was great thing ran quiet was super cold though like a fridge and possibly not optimal was all on default. I live in Australia and I’m kind of expecting a hot summer around the bend. I removed the front drive bay to allow for better airflow on the front 3 fans and thought Ill add some additional side fans. 4x 120 ml fans. My thoughts were to have the side fans kick in only when needed. I went in to the ICUE which I’ve never used to manage fans before and stopped each fan to identify and label it. Now in doing so I inadvertently lost whatever the default configs were. In hindsight should have taken a screen grab. There are some default options. Quiet, balanced, extreme. None of which seem great. I was able to configure some alerts and a custom curve for the side fans to kick in. Before the PC didn’t even break a sweat playing FPS games on high settings and now it pants like a dog, have tried on all settings including extreme. Its also rather noisy now. I’m getting coil whine just flicking through menu options even when idle in game. Also every so often I hear something winding up. It almost sounds like an old style drive when it kicks into action for a read write but a lot louder and I cant identify where its coming from. There’s no rhyme or reason to it that I can sleuth. I feel like I have the right cooling options I just need some help and advice recommendations for settings and config of the fans. This machine is a work PC by week day and doesn’t need high end specs most of the time but some evenings and weekends it really needs them. Appreciate any input and guidance. I'm out of my depth here and sincerest apologies for the essay.
  2. Hello everybody 😀, first of all: this is my first post here and I hope I'm doing nothing wrong and selected the correct Sub to post my problem. If I'm doing something wrong please don't hesitate telling me 😁 I researched a lot now also through this forum and tried to set up a custom fan curve and I need to say: I read so much that I'm currently more confused than anything else. I need to admit, that I'm not a pro when it comes to this, so I would really appreciate to get some help here, as I'm currently really desperate as I don't know what to do. MY SETUP: In my profile I already filled out my hardware components under "Gaming PC". There you can see my hardware: My Fan Setup: In total, i have: 6 Case Fans (Corsair QL) 3 AIO FANs (CORSAIR ML which came with my Corsair ICUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX) 1x Commander Pro (6 QL Fans attached to it) 1x Commander Core (3 ML Fans attached to it) NOTE: I'm using a Push and Pull Setup, this means: I have 3 Fans at the front of my Case (QL Fans) than the radiator behind and after the radiator 3 ML Fans (so 6 Fans attached to the radiator). I use my pc in the living room plugged in into my LG 4k TV and I'm sitting on the couch using a Headset playing demanding games like RDR2, Control..., but also streaming my console gaming using the capture card where i simply stream via Discord and use OBS. ATTACHMENT: I attached 4 Files to this post: Icue Commander Curve: shows my custom created fan curve using the Cooleant temperature as base (Controlling all 6 QL Fans) Icue Elite Capellix: shows my custom created fan fan curve using the Cooleant temperature as base (Controlling all 3 ML Fans) ICue Dashboard: Showing a benchmark running RDR2 in the backround using my custom fan curves ICue Dashboard Intensive: Showing a benchmark running RDR2 in the backround using the Intensive Preset. What is the problem: In ICue there are three presets: Quiet Balanced Intensive All of them make a very loud noise during Gaming. If you are Gaming and you can hear the fans through the Headset and the gaming audio, then this is really annoying. The Quiet preset is okayish from noise point of view, the only issue is that on normal tasks and idle the fans keep ramping up a bit and slowing down the whole time, so you can always here this annoying sound this makes when accelerating the fans and slowing them down again. (And as far as I also read in the forum in other threads here I learned this is the worst case scenario). Balanced and Intensive are making always a lot of noise -> I decided to make an own curve, BUT: I performed a gaming benchmark using Red Dead Redemption running in the Background cranked it up to max Settings and what is worrying me are the temp differences: On my custom curve I can see a temperature difference (comparing to the intense preset) of 6 Degrees (maybe more if would have run an hour (check the two Dashboard pictures)). What is worrying me are the temps in general and also of the DRAM. Browsing through the forum I read that people have something aroung 50-60. Which temperatures are okay? What should I do because of the noise which is bugging me? Which temperatures are unhealthy for my system? Could anybody maybe help me create a fun curve where I simply finally can relax and enjoy gaming because I can trust that this is a good curve? As already said: Im not an expert and far away from that and while playing im constantly checking temps and to be honest: This takes the fun out of it. I'm worrying that I'm damaging my system but on the other hand using the intense preset is not acceptable as it is as loud as on an airport. I simply would like to get assistance in creating the perfect fan curve for my specific setup and situation. This would be really kind 🙂 Thank you in advance for your time and help!