Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'k95 rgb platinum'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

1. Received my K95 Platinum yesterday, really liking it so far. One thing I noticed was occasionally when turning the volume wheel downwards to lower the volume, the volume will continue to lower on its own, all the way down to zero. When this happens, the RGB pattern stays still, and is still illuminated, and the entire keyboard stops working (can't type anything). I have unplugged the USB a few times, after plugging back in it starts working. It is extremely hard to replicate, I tried to keep scrolling the wheel down, sometimes I got it to freeze. The wheel itself seems normal, not catching on anything, the scroll is smooth. I tried to spin the wheel lots when CUE was not open, it has not frozen yet. Has anyone heard of something like this? Does this sound like a defective keyboard? Or bad software? Thanks in advance
  2. Hi all, New poster and recent convert to mechanical keyboards, but hoping for a little help from the electronically minded please :) My son managed to spill a drink on my K95 plat and as a result a particular group of keys have stopped working. I have a plan about how to repair this (or at least try) but i need some kind assistance from someone who: *Has a K95 Platinum *Has already voided their warranty by opening the back case (and preferably has a K95 plat that is still open to avoid the hassle of a teardown) *Owns a multimeter to do a quick circuit trace for me. With the keyboard base off and looking at the pcb (green circuit board) from underneath, at the bottom of the keyboard behind the "down arrow key" mechanical switch there should be a small brown diode labelled DA95. The right hand end of this has a black stripe around it. All I need some kind soul to do is put a multimeter in continuity mode (beeps at you when you connect to two ends of a circuit, piece of wire, etc), and put one probe on the small right hand end contact of that diode DA95 where it has the black stripe. The other multimeter probe then runs around the 100 pins on the main NXP chip (located slightly above and to the left of this switch) until you hear it beep, basically confirming which pin on the main NXP LPC11U68JBD100 chip is linked to the negative end of that diode. This will help me enormously, in that my motherboard circuit from that diode back to the NXPchip has been broken by the spill, and if I can bypass it and hardwire it back to the correct pin, seven keys on my beloved K95 will instantly start working again! :laughing: Happy to supply a supporting picture if needed. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out :D:
  3. Hi all, Devices: K95 RGB Platinum XT keyboard Dark Core Pro SE mouse Current state: Both keyboard and mouse lighting are controlled by Wallpaper Engine This means my wireless mouse looks like a Christmas tree and drains more battery than it needs to. Brightness is basically an ON or OFF toggle in Settings, and turning it to OFF also turns off the battery indicator light which I would like to keep on. Desired state: Keyboard lighting remains controlled by Wallpaper Engine Mouse lighting controlled through iCue, so I can turn all zones off except except the battery indicator Is the above desired state possible!? Thanks, RaffScallion
  4. Hello together I have owned a Corsair K95 Platinium keyboard for 3 years and a new high-end PC for 1 week. Now that I have the power to stream, I would like to put some keys to control OBS and OBS scenes on the G-keys. Unfortunately I haven't found a way how to program and assign the G-keys with the corresponding functions. So I would be glad if someone could give me a detailed instruction for this. I would like to assign the following functions to the G-keys: G1 - OBS scene "Stream starting soon G2. OBS scene "Game Capture" G3 - OBS scene "Be right back/Pause G4 - OBS scene "Stream Ending G5 - Start recording G6 - Pause or Stop recording I have no experience with macro programming via iCue and I find the software for this rather complicated. I would be really happy to get support and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot
  5. Tried two Mac Pro both have the same issue, in the login window it's just can not type my password, a few key works, others can not type anything. When I plug my old keyboard, it works. When I move to recovery mode, it seems also works. I already tried to install the ckb-next and the beta version iCUE, still the same issue. However when I lock the screen, I'm able to type the password. This is a company mac not sure if it's related to my specific security software. Any comment is appreicated, if still no luck, I will need to return this production.
  6. Anyone else having this issue? I'm just past 1 month after the manufacturer's 2 year warranty. The RGB LED for "P" switch has deteriorated and is now noticeably less bright compared to all the other LED's. I remember having this issue for the same LED switch within a year of purchase but at that time, it only persisted for a few days/weeks. I mostly have the LED's set on a static primary colour and just cycle through different ones on a per week basis so the defect is very noticeable for my use case. It also looks like the LED's on these are directly soldered into the PCB motherboard = SMD (RGB) LED type - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-k95-platinum/4.html Any recommendations on the best type of RGB LED to replace it with?
  7. Just got new notification from icue 4 my k95 platinum get new firmware v 3.29.32 and flash it, but no changelog anywhere I can find
  8. I pulled out both the cords from my computer ports and the connections were so tight that half the motherboard USB ports came out with them. My computer is under warranty, but since it's physical damage, it's not. Thanks, Corsair. Your designs are so bad, you've destroyed my motherboard. There goes another $300 down the drain.
  9. Title pretty much explains it all. Any kind of pudding caps I can use that will fit good on the bottom row? Help is appreciated
  10. So after a week or so of lighting malfunctions I have my keyboard functional. It types a it normally does, but there are no lights except for the upper 3 indicators. the three lights in the top left (Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock) are blinking together at a constant pace. about 1 or 2 times each second. I am lead to believe my keyboard is in some manufacturers debug mode. upon opening icue, i am immediately prompted with a "mandatory" update which goes as follows: 1 open icue 2 "a mandatory firmware update is available and required for the optimization of your device." ( i can click away, and the keyboard still works albeit without many features.) 3the update progresses, once it reaches 100% i hear the windows usb noise, the blinking lights pause before the keyboard returns tom this limited state. 4 Icue remains on this update screen for some time before arbitrarilly giving an "update successful to version 3.21" after this process takes to long i presume. 5 nothing changes, and Icue still has a "?" for the firmware version of my keyboard. 6 immediately after icue has another update available once i click on the keyboard. same version update; 3,21. 7 repeat without any successful updates. i suspect due to the blinking lights that my board is in some factory reset mode that prevents it from interfacing with icue properly. there is no rgb functionality and icue offers no options. i feel like I'm just a step or so away from restoring full functionality. icue recognized the keyboard model, but has a "?" next to the current version. it says there's an update available, (v3.21) but that update never applies correctly. Here's what I've already tried to correct the issue: 1 turning everything off and on again. 2 unplugging everything 3 soft resetting the keyboard with the esc key technique 4 trying to put the keyboad in and out of bios mode. this does nothing, i cant tell if bios mode even enables. 5 manually reloading the firmware by using the pinhole on the bottom, then loading new firmware provided by corsair support. despite this, my keyboard persists in this limited state. the caps lock, num lock and scroll lock blink consistently, there's no rgb and icue offers no customization options. please help restore my k96 rgb platinum to its proper functionality. thank you for your time.
  11. Hi guys, I accidently spills some water on my keyboard and since then my keyboard isn't working and got a weird signal on the light of the keyboard (red lights on left ,down and up key and also on G2,G3 key). Since then i tried to dry the water with a towel but its still have the same error Pls help. i bought it for a lot of money
  12. I recently acquired a Corsair K95 Platinum XT Keyboard, at first everything was perfect, the next day a very strange sound started to sound when I pressed some keys, in the video I show which ones, Does anyone know what the problem is? I can't upload videos through this medium, so I uploaded it to YT [ame] [/ame] I appreciate your help
  13. I just bought a new K95 RGB platinum keyboard today, and it is a nice keyboard. However I'm having trouble doing a basic keyboard reassignment that I've done previously on Logitech, Razer and Cougar keyboards with extra keys (G keys). I need to (for example) assign G1 to be Ctrl-Shift-A, or G2 to be Shift-F12 etc. I can't use macros to do this as for a start it breaks the WoW ToS. When I attempt to do so - it doesn't let me put Shift-F12 into the keypress box in the event I'm creating. Can someone help me - I've spent a lot of money on this keyboard, and the basic function I bought it to do doesn't seem to be supported.
  14. Hi everyone, I recently got a K95 RGB Platinum brown and have one problem that I haven't been able to solve. I understand that I need to switch the keyboard into BIOS mode, if I want to enter the BIOS and - while in Windows 10 - I have been successful at switching in and out of BIOS mode using the F1+Lock key combination. I am using full system disk encryption with VeraCrypt, so at bootup I have to enter a password to boot into Windows. However at that password prompt that F1+Lock key combination doesn't work, so if the K95 isn't already in BIOS mode (e.g. because I've forgotten to turn that on before shutting down or rebooting), I need a 2nd keyboard to enter the password, which is a major nuisance. So is there a way to turn on BIOS mode on the K95 RGB Platinum at boot time, before Windows has fully booted up?
  15. Dear Corsair, Please make K95 Platinum with Cherry MX Silent switches ! I bought K95 Platinum with MX Browns switches but it's too loud for me and I will return it :( I had Strafe RGB with MX Silent few days ago, and switches was perfect dead silent compare to this Browns, but I returned it also because in Strafe RGB wrist rest was really bad too short and not comfortable with too much angle going down. In K95 Platinum wrist rest is superb! but now switches are much worse for me :( Please give us a choice in your flagship model PLEASE Corsair from bottom of my heart.
  16. Hello guys I bought new corsair k95, and plugged it into my pc and laptop. No led lights goes on, no keyboard keys works and windows shows error of. Usb malfunction, the last usb you connect is not recognized by windows.:(:
  17. Hello any K95 (speed silver switches) owners. Just upgraded from a K70 (brown switches) and the volume control wheel feels vastly different and... worse IMO. On the K95 the wheel is stiffer and completely smooth. On the K70 the wheel was more free moving and there was a soft clicky feel for each interval of volume change, making it easy guess how much you've upped the volume. Is the K95's wheel designed to be completely smooth? Or should there be a click feel (but inaudible) when you scroll? Also sometimes the volume will jump up by a huge interval. And I just experienced the wheel getting stuck on "volume up" and the rest of the keyboard was unresponsive. Had to disconnect the USB cable and reconnect. This never happened with the K70.
  18. When I restart my computer and try to smash del to get into my bios, the keyboard doesn't power on until my windows login page. I just got this keyboard to replace another keyboard that didn't have this issue. Any idea how to get it to power up so I can get into my bios?
  19. My 95 was working fine until about a week ago when suddenly the 10 key pad stopped working when the num lock key is engaged. when the num lock is not engaged the keys function correctly. When the num lock is engaged the only key that functions is the 5 key which will cause the window that comes up to be that of the left click mouse key. This is the same on a different keyboard. And when I take the keyboards onto another computer they operate fine. So I think the problem is with my computer. Probably some switch in Win 10. Any one have an idea??
  20. Hey guys, so I'm having a weird one. My keyboard (k95 RGB Platinum) and my mousepad (MM800 RGB Polaris) are stuck on red. First I want to say I have other corsair products that aren't stuck. My mouse (dark core RGB), my headset (Void pro Wireless), and my RAM (4 Vengence RGB Pro) are all working fine, and are puking rainbows like normal. I literally have no other profiles but the default profile. Which is set to spiral rainbow. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of icue, which seemed to fix it yesterday, but I have come home from work today, turned my computer back on, and back they go to red. I will also say that before I sign into my computer, they work on what I assume is their internal programming to do spiral rainbow before they connect to ICUE? Basically, they are doing their normal thing when I boot up my computer, and then go straight to red after I sign in. I'm just totally stumped. ICUE shows the keyboard and mousepad as lit up red, but the only lighting affects shown in ICUE are spiral rainbow. I did a few other things the first time, before I uninstalled ICUE to try and fix it, including updating my keyboard and mousepad, deleting the default (and only) profile, clicking the "view only selected effect" and nothing worked, so I uninstalled, reinstalled, thought it was fixed, and now we are right back where we started. If anyone has any ideas or needs more information please let me know. I'm just so confused :bigeyes: EDIT: figured it out. I had MSI software that was taking control over just those specific devices for some reason. Gonna leave this up here though if anyone else goes through this problem.
  21. Hello all, I am buying a new keyboard and have some questions about K95 Platinum. I know,that I want it with Cherry MX brown switches. The problem I have is the keys layout. i am used to ISO EU (Big Enter key and short left SHIFT. That means UK keyboard. The problem is the TIDLE~ key. On UK keyboard its located next to big Enter. I want it on top left above TAB and under ESC keys. I saw picture with the layout/loacalization I want. Can someone confirm, that model CH-9127012-EU is the keyboard with parameters I want - Big ENTER and TIDLE key on top left corner? THX
  22. Is wrist rest from new K95 Platinum XT compatible with previous version of keyboard, regular K95 Platinum? Can it be used on previous model?
  23. While typing on the K95 RGB Platinum XT on Facebook or any editable text of certain letters within the Chrome browser, it sometimes if not often brings up F12 HTML insights where you see the entire HTML programming code of the webpage. This is kind of annoying. Is there a fix or work around?
  24. K95 RGB Platinum randomly stop working when I use the volume wheel. Same problem on 2 different K95 RGB Platinum (the first was return to shop, the second will return in a short time if i don't solve). Connected to usb port on Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite (i tested both usb 3.0, 3.1 and 2.0 port). 1000hz polling Firmware 3.21.28 iCUE 3.34.170 WIN 10 PRO (2004) Random issue. The keyboard stop workin but the lighting profile is ok. iCue shows the device with a red warning sign! Usually unplugging keyboard or rebooting pc is enough to solve the "freeze" but today I had to reflash the firmware! A reliable solution?
  25. So I am having an issue with my K95 keyboard (though I also had the issue with my old K70 LUX) where the media control keys won't work if I connect any media related hardware to the USB pass through port. In the same way if I have my keyboard and any media related hardware connected into a USB hub the same issue happens. As soon as I disconnect the other hardware it works fine. What I mean by media related hardware would be something like my headset or my webcam, both of which have mic's built into them. Is there any setting that needs to be enabled (or disabled) so I can get them all working together correctly? I am also currently working from home due to the pandemic so the keyboard, mouse, headset and webcam need to be connected to the hub so I can easily switch them between my work and personal computers. Thank you for any assistance that can be offered.