• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 4 results

1. Hi, I am new here and, although I occasionally use Corsair kit for my desktop tower, I am asking the following in respect of supporting a friend. I have said friend’s computer which was not powering up. The computer, based around an ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard (I’m guessing it’s around ten years old) with an i7 3930K, is water-cooled using a Corsair H100 unit. My friend never consulted anyone when purchasing the unit and it is clearly an older gaming system, completely inappropriate for someone of his age (now 80 or so) and computer usage (just standard stuff). I assume he just believed the advertising blurb and though “good computer” or some such. The computer was powering up then switching off quickly which, knowing his home as I do, I put down to dust i.e. an overheating issue. Messages in the BIOS confirmed the system’s CPU was overheating and, since I know nothing about water-cooled PC maintenance, my solution was to buy a fan to that would cool it in line with his usage (he simply doesn’t need a PC, even one this old, of that spec). I bought a fan from Amazon which is where my problems started. I can’t remove the CPU cooler; it appears to be stuck solid. I’ve removed the screws for it but the construction of the fan support is such that I can’t do what was suggested on YouTube i.e. heat the paste up on the CPU by running the machine, then effectively gently wiggling the thing until the paste (now hotter) allows it to come free. So now I am after advice … how do I remove the CPU cooler so I can replace it with a fan unit? Thanks 🙂 James
  2. Is there any way to control the RGB of ANY AMD compatible cooler via ICUE? I'm new to this and its quite confusuing... :newbie:
  3. Hey guys, hope you're good. So I built my system 5 years ago for music production. The last couple of weeks it has pretty much ground to a halt. I get an error on startup saying CPU fan error and now the CPU is running at 100C*. Also Corsair link isn't displaying any information about the system when it worked before. The fans on the back that the pipes connect to still spin. Am I right in thinking this could be as simple as needing to re-apply thermal paste or could the pump be gone? Really need to get back making music! Thanks a lot. :biggrin:
  4. Hey guys can you please help me out. My current system is going over 5 years old now, and with new gpu on the horizon I want do a upgrade, and build a system myself. However there are a couple a things I not sure about, and how to do them, how they work etc. So the plan is to buy: a Corsair 500D Case AIO 150 I pro RGB 3080TI :) I want to replace all the fans with QL120 fans. (7x 120mm, 2x 140mm top exhaust) Because I will have 9 fans I be using the Commander pro. But that has only 6 pwm fan connectors. (I think I figured out how the connect 9 rgb) using two led Hubs, connect these 9 to the hub. Connect the two Hubs to a lighting node pro, and connect the L-Pro to the C-Pro I want to setup my AIO As a push pull configuration. So 6x 120mm ql120 fans on my AIO Here's my question. Because of the limited 6 pwm fan connections the CPro, I still need 3 more connection. My idea can I use my AIO Fan splinter? (that are connected to the 150i pro) And connect this fan splitter to my Mobo CPU-FAN connection. Will I then still be able to use Corsair IQEU software to set my fan speed on those particular 3 fans? Or how else can I control then? Is it smart to do so. And which 3 fan's would be best. (sinds I want a push pull configuration.) also I want to front mount my AIO. Hopefully it's al clear, and hope you can help me out here :)