Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'backlighting'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 2 results

1. Hi, I am considering a couple Corsair keyboard models because I'm furious that my new Razer BlackWidow Essential keyboard requires the Razer Synapse software to be installed/always running in order for the keyboard's backlighting to remain in "Static" (always-on) mode. (Adding a TL;DR below to cover these complaints, since I'm really here to ask about Corsair products.) I am looking at the K68, K70 or STRAFE RGB keyboards specifically, but I need to know if they meet a couple basic requirements, and I haven't been able to answer these questions from web searches/reviews. QUESTIONS: Can you configure these Apex models so that the backlight is all the same color without any dimming/morphing effects? (I want it always green, always lit so long as the computer is awake.) Do you need any special software installed in order for the keyboard to remember its backlight settings once configured the way you want it? (see my TLDR for background) In other words, if software IS required in order to set the keyboard up the way you want it the first time, can you then disable/uninstall it and the keyboard remembers how it's supposed to be configured? TL;DR: On paper, the BlackWidow Essential is my perfect keyboard: All the keys I need, no features or keys I DON'T need, satisfying mechanical keybed, and great-looking/functional backlit keys. There are big problems, though: The keyboard defaults to "Breathing" mode, where the green backlight very slowly builds and then fades, so half the time you can't see the keys in the dark (where I work). The keyboard has no on-board storage for settings, so any user settings (like the "Static" mode that keeps the keys lit all the time) only work if you are actively logged in to a Windows user profile where Synapse is running and configured. (If you lock the computer or boot to a login screen the keyboard returns to "Breathing" mode.) Synapse is crummy software that wastes space and resources, and even spontaneously quits a lot, so I have to keep re-starting it in order to fix the key backlights. I boot between Win 8.1 and Win 10 a lot, and this seems to freak out the Synapse configs between the two operating systems. (I usually have to open Synapse and re-configure it after booting to a different OS.)
  2. Hello, I am new here and looking for professional support. My new keyboard K55 RGB is driving me nuts. At the beginning the backlighting modes (FN + #) worked good, but the last days I can't use it anymore. I have installed the latest driver and firmware, without any improvement. :confused:HELP:confused: