Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 AM
bomb_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 531620
bomb_ Reputation: 10
Default Asus Rampage 3 Formula & XMS3 ddr3 200Mhz

Hey everyone.
I can't seem to get my system to run stable with my Corsair XMS3 6GB set. I've tried the XMP profile with my motherboard and the system won't get by post. I try something like 1866Mhz with auto voltage and it is still unstable. The set is new, and I've already exchanged one because of memtest errors. So I'm wondering if there is something with my motherboard that I'm missing, or that it could be something else.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Wired; 10-02-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: removed specs; already in profile

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-02-2011, 11:16 AM
bomb_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 531628
bomb_ Reputation: 10

should I be looking into something like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutz94 View Post
Hi Board Room!
Anytime you are running your memory over the default of 1333mhz you are indeed overclocking. The Integrated Memeory Controller to be exact. That resides on the cpu itself now instead of the MB like in the"old days" . And 2000mhz is a pretty hefty overclock for a 920. Your MB may be able to run it, but that no way guarentees that your CPU will be able to handle it. Most 920's top out at about 1700mhz ,anything after that they wont post.If you can get it to post at default speeds run CPU-z and look at the memory tab and write down the different timing profiles for each SPD. There will be different timings for the XMP profile and each step down in speed after that.
What you can do is set your voltage to 1.65v like as in XMP, QPI?Dram voltage to 1.35v, set your timings manually and lower your frequency to 1866 and see if it will post. If it does, that may be the highest you can go with that CPU. If it still fails to post, lower your frequency to 1600mhz and try again.

If after all that you are still having problems, i would load setup defaults and test each stick individually with Memtest86 to rule out any problem sticks.If you do test with memtest be sure to disable USB legacy Support in your BIOS as this could cause false possitives when running memtest.Good Luck!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Support Assistant
peanutz94's PC Specs

POST ID # = 531688
peanutz94 Reputation: 82

Most Definatly!
Your problem sounds like simply not enough voltage. Auto will only set them to 1.5v. So try the above and see how it works out for you. If they do not run at 2000mhz then try the next frequency down and retest.

BTW memtest will produce errors because of improper voltage too! If memory is bad it will fail at any setting not just one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: