The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Old 09-02-2011, 11:54 AM
JJ452's PC Specs

POST ID # = 524989
JJ452 Reputation: 10
Sad Force 3 120 GB SSD with windows - very slow and BSOD

Hi,

I got my Force 3 120GB SSD two days ago, I put it into my laptop (Elitebook 8440p) and installed Ubuntu. With this I had no problems and was getting 280MB/s read speed on my sata ii laptop so I was very happy. No issues at all.

Today however I got the Windows 7 disk I was waiting on and tried to install Windows 7. Firstly I got the BSOD 6 times during the install but after and hour and a half trying I can boot into windows.... but it takes 20 minutes to load and it's much much slower than the 7200 rpm HDD I had in it before. Opening notepad takes 32 seconds after the computer has been idle for 15 minutes, the HDD activity light is always on but the CPU is doing nothing. I installed all available updates and I get the BSOD now every second boot and it's still really slow.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I find it strange it works perfectly with Linux but not at all with windows.....

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 AM
JJ452's PC Specs

POST ID # = 525743
JJ452 Reputation: 10

Just an update for anyone else who is having similar problems. I updated to the v1.3 firmware (I was lucky windows didn't blue screen again) and reformatted the drive - it works perfectly now in both Windows and Linux with excellent speeds. I still find it strange it behaves different with the same controller between the two operating systems but I guess that's just another reason why Linux rocks

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: