Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series 3 and Force GT Firmware Update 1.3

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not supposed to use the update unless we are experiencing problems but without any kind of changelog, how are we supposed to know what problems it's supposed to fix???

Seeing as there are risks with upgrading, especially since you can't even downgrade the firmware, a changelog is a must...

EDIT: The more I think about it, the angrier I get. How the hell do the engineers not know what they have fixed?!

Having problems with upgrading my Force Series 3 F120.

Corsair firmware updater gives this error, when trying to upgrade F3 with 22793_fw_****.vic file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15434121/Firmware_error_1.png

I have ACHI enabled, so it won't be that. And i have latest bios for mobo, and latest sata3 drivers from AMD.

We're not supposed to use the update unless we are experiencing problems but without any kind of changelog, how are we supposed to know what problems it's supposed to fix???

Seeing as there are risks with upgrading, especially since you can't even downgrade the firmware, a changelog is a must...

EDIT: The more I think about it, the angrier I get. How the hell do the engineers not know what they have fixed?!

BSOD F4 better not show up on the log. I've been lurking a while, created this account to note sleep is not fixed on my acer laptop (sata 2, force 3 120).

Corsair firmware updater gives this error, when trying to upgrade F3 with 22793_fw_****.vic file.

I have ACHI enabled, so it won't be that. And i have latest bios for mobo, and latest sata3 drivers from AMD.

Try and re-download it Again make sure it is your drives firmware file.

The engineers know what they fixed. i don't think Corsair is allowed to give information regarding the issues the controller has.

I have the same problem, while trying to update Force 3 60GB.

I have the same problem, while trying to update Force 3 60GB.

Have you both tried the MS-AHCI drivers AND the AMD drivers?

You may want to see if you can update on an Intel based machine.

Hello!

I have a force GT 120gb that occasionally freezes. Did not notice this at first as I was only using the pc for around 30 minutes a session. But sessions over an hour, it occasionally locks up solid and I have to manually power it down and back on. No data is ever lost as it is all right there when I power it back on which is good!

So this brings me to wanting to update the drive. I tried the update, followed the install instructions to the letter and all appears to work. It actually looks like it is updating for 30 seconds or so and then I get the green checkmark. However when I re-scan the drive, it still shows 1.2 firmware? I do not get any error messages or anything like that. Any help would be appreciated!

I tried with MS-AHCI driver and it worked, i updated my ssd safely. Only difference is before queue depth is ''4''. I want to ask something; Should i do secure erase now because of firmware update or no need to do that?

Before;

http://i52.tinypic.com/5f57bq.png

After;

http://i55.tinypic.com/20frciu.png

ROCKIN! She is at 1.3 now but it was not the power cycle that did it. It was my retarded self that was the problem :cool:

So for others that may have the same problem as me.....

Symptom:

Tried to update. Drive took 30 seconds or more before green check-mark appeared. Re-scanned and still on original firmware so the update did not take.

Fix:

I had turned on AHCI in the registry but did not see that I ALSO had to turn it on in the mobo bios! It was set to IDE in the bios. I set it to AHCI and good lord almighty, it drastically decreased the boot-up time of my pc drastically increased overall performance over the IDE setting! Glad I did this.... Re-updated the drive and it took around 7 seconds and now shows 1.3 firmware.

After reading, turns out I did it in the right order! It looks like you are supposed to turn it on in the registry first, then your bios. I also re-entered the command to turn on TRIM just to make sure it was functioning as my HDD performance dropped from 7.8 to 7.5 over the last few weeks. Will re-scan in a few days now that I have verified TRIM is on and AHCI is on.

Not sure if it has resolved the very intermittent freezes I experienced but time will tell. I can say turning on AHCI rocks! From power on to desktop takes right at 19 seconds lol SWEET! Knocked around 4 seconds off the windows load times and everything that felt "fast" on the os previously feels "ridiculously fast" now lol

UPDATE: I noted my performance had dropped off to 7.5 over the last few weeks in the lame windows score.... Well after turning on AHCI and manually making sure trim was enabled by turning it on in the registry, I just ran the test again and she is at 7.9, better than my fresh install :) Need to run some real tests now. Also has only been a few hours but no freezes to report but will take days to know more since it was so intermittent.

Here is what mine is running at right now... Little slowed on write than advratised but that is subjective as it probably hits it on compressed data. No matter, it is FREAKING FAST. Not sure how long it takes for TRIM to clean up the drive.. but anyways here she is. For fun, compared it to my old sata 500gb WD green drive...

http://www.garage1217.com/NEWPC/DRIVECOMPARISONS.jpg

spoke too soon. Just got a BSOD while doing some windows updates.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP 0x00000050

Well that sucks :( My drive must work very well with my mobo/controller as I have never had a bsod since day 1, just the rare freeze where the whole system just locks up solid but no data loss as it all comes back up after a restart.

What sata controller does your mobo use? Overclocked? Ram/timings? Just curious.

Would the new 1.3rev firmware by any chance fix speed issues? My system is otherwise stable but I'm getting around 250-300 r/w with a Force 3 240GB drive using the Intel SATAIII Controller (AHCI mode). Upgrading to the 240GB has fixed the BSOD problems I had with the 120GB model but now the new drive is operating at around SATAII speeds :sigh!:

Archived