Corsair Community

Further Force 3 120GB Woes - I/O Error

cront

I have been experiencing the same issues as others being unable to install windows on SATA3, BSOD on both SATA2 and 3 and Freezing.

Now however following the suggested Secure Erase using Parted Magic the drive seems to not work at all.

It is detected in the BIOS however when I get to the windows installer it says it cannot install to the selected drive. So I went to Disk Part. The drive is detected there but when I try to create a partition it says it is unable to do so because of an I/O error.

I went back to Parted Magic and the drive is no longer detected there. :mad:

Has anyone experienced something similar?

I have been experiencing the same issues as others being unable to install windows on SATA3, BSOD on both SATA2 and 3 and Freezing.

Now however following the suggested Secure Erase using Parted Magic the drive seems to not work at all.

It is detected in the BIOS however when I get to the windows installer it says it cannot install to the selected drive. So I went to Disk Part. The drive is detected there but when I try to create a partition it says it is unable to do so because of an I/O error.

I went back to Parted Magic and the drive is no longer detected there. :mad:

Has anyone experienced something similar?

An SE should not kill the drive. However, if you cannot get the drive detected in the BIOS or by Parted Magic, we'll replace it. The RMA link is on the left side of every forum page. Sorry you are having issues.

Thanks for the reply. I've already started down the RMA process however just to make sure it's clear because the situation seems very weird to me:

The drive IS detected in the BIOS

The drive IS detected by Disk Part but I get an I/O error when trying to partition

The drive IS detected by Windows installer but I get a message saying windows cannot install to the selected drive

the drive IS NOT detected by Gparted in Parted Magic using either SATA2 or SATA3.

I can't think would would cause the above combination it seems very strange. :confused:

Archived