Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Issue Resolution: Drive Return Procedure

USERS WITH ANY DRIVE BEGINNING WITH SERIAL # 1123 OR LATER THAT ARE HAVING ISSUES, READ THIS NEW THREAD FIRST LINKED HERE!

IF YOUR DRIVE BEGINS WITH SERIAL # 1123 or LATER, THIS THREAD DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.

CORSAIR FORCE SERIES 3 UPDATE, JUNE 7, 2011

Over the past several days, we have analyzed issues associated with the stability of our recently released 120GB Force Series 3 SSD. Our review has identified that a significant percentage of these drive do not operate to specifications. The solution will require changes to both the SSD firmware and the hardware components of the SSD itself.

We have stopped shipments of the affected drive, Corsair part number CSSD-F120GB3-BK, effective immediately and have implemented the following remediation plan:

(1) ALL users should cease using the CSSD-F120GB3-BK drive immediately, even if you have not experienced issues of stability.

(2) Users may then either RETURN the drive to Corsair, at Corsair's expense, to be exchanged with a replacement drive that does meet specifications OR

(3) Return the drive to their place of purchase.

Corsair is committed to product quality and we want to assure our customers that this remediation plan will be implemented at no cost to you.

To return your Force Series 3 120GB SSD to Corsair, contact Corsair to ARRANGE YOUR REPLACEMENT . Corsair will pay for shipping your drive back to Corsair and will replace your drive free of charge. Estimated turnaround time is ten business days.

NOTE: CSSD-F60GB3-BK, CSSD-F240GB3-BK, and Force GT are NOT affected by this issue.

We are working on the shipping issue. Please give us a bit of time and we'll have it sorted. What we will be doing is shipping a shipper to the address you submit on your RMA form. This should be sent out to you withing 24 hours of submission.

Currently, there is no notification on the RMA page of this. However, internally, we are making it happen for Force 3 users. Sorry for any confusion.

UPDATED INFORMATION FOR RMA APPROVAL AND SHIPPING

1. Keep your bracket from your current drive. The replacement drives will all be new retail units with a bracket so, you'll have an extra bracket. You will NOT receive the same drive in return. Please back up any critical data on your drive if this applies to you.

2. RMAs are set to be approved typically within 1 business day. So, if you submit at 12:00pm on a Monday, we strive to approve by 12:00pm on Tuesday. However, we are working diligently to reduce that time for Force 3 customers to minimize your inconvenience and down time.

3. Once your RMA is approved, we will review it within 24 hours and dispatch a shipping label to the email address you gave in your TSX/RMA case. So, you have a window of 24 to 48 hours for the complete process. Again, we are working very hard to avoid it taking that long for Force 3 customers.

If you do not have a shipping label in your email box after a full 48 hours, or within 24 hours of your RMA being approved (approved, not submitted) then please contact us using the information in your TSX case.

If you have individual concerns relating to your RMA such as shipping concerns, advanced replacement, shipping times, etc please do NOT post them here. It is impossible to properly address your concerns in a general forum thread. You will need to do 1 of 2 things.

1. Call us. 1-888-222-4346.

2. Post your questions in your TSX case and we'll work with you there.

UPDATED SHIPPING AND RMA PROCESSING INFORMATION - JUNE 10, 2011

• Any customer in a remote location or with an APO address should call customer service directly, 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 to arrange their RMA. If the customer is unable to make a UPS drop off then we will reimburse them for their return freight based on the shipper invoice.

• Due to the volume of requests we are asking for 24-48 hours processing time to issue the prepaid shipping labels. The customer will receive the label via e-mail.

The invoice is (1) page total. The customer needs to attach (3) copies of this invoice along with the shipping label. In total, there will be (4) total documents. (3) invoice copies and (1) shipping label.

Users have asked about how they will know if they are getting a drive with the fix implemented. You can tell by looking at the first four numbers above the product part number on the UPC sticker. Anything with 1122 or lower needs to be returned. Anything with 1123 or above is good new product. ONLY the printed label on the drive applies to this issue. The digital serial number has NOTHING to do with this issue and the digital serial number is not intended to match the serial number on the label.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8619&stc=1&d=1307979982

::pirate::

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a US service member stationed overseas and utilize an APO address. Will Corsair make an exception in this case or am I once again overlooked in this regard?

EDIT: Thanks for the prompt response and help Yellowbeard. +1 to you and Corsair for your great customer service.

I was considering the purchase of a 240gb Force 3 drive until I read about the problems with that brand drives on this forum. Are the problems limited to the 120gb drives and are the 240gb drives working correctly? I'd prefer to buy Corsair drives especially with the forthright manner in which Corsair is handling this issue.

I was considering the purchase of a 240gb Force 3 drive until I read about the problems with that brand drives on this forum. Are the problems limited to the 120gb drives and are the 240gb drives working correctly? I'd prefer to buy Corsair drives especially with the forthright manner in which Corsair is handling this issue.

Asked and answered in the first post. ::pirate::

There seems to be an issue with the RMA process. It is requiring me to ship the unit back at my expense. Why is that so?

Alert: Contacted telephone customer service and my wait time is 22 minutes. Not bad considering twenty-somethings hormones are raging all over the place.

Alert 2: The longer I stay on hold the higher the wait time. Now, my wait time is up to 32 minutes!.

Alert 3: Okay! This has gotten ridiculous. Up to 43 minutes. If I didn't have unlimited calling, this would really be a bad cell phone bill month.

Final Alert: Stay connected a total of 25 minutes. Final 10 minutes of the call the wait time stayed at 14 minutes. Couldn't stand it any longer and had to hang up.

I as well got this information: "The consumer is responsible for return freight costs to Corsair. We recommend shipping your product with a carrier who provides tracking and insurance options. Corsair is not liable for lost or stolen packages."

This really p*sses me off. Why should I pay to send back your faulty hardware?

When I had an issue with my Intel SSD(yes I'm an unlucky guy) There was no word about me paying for shipping, maybe you ought to look at them for inspiration?

i can´t believe that!

i buy a sandy bridge and 2 days later all bords have to return

i buy a corsair and two days later is have to replace ....

same question as maxmix...

shipp it from germany to US for replacing?

who will pick up free?

no chance to change here in germany? when new drives will get here?

i won´t believe that it will be 10 workdays

how about a little patience? YB said shipping was being paid by Corsair, just give them a chance to get you a mailing label!!! they cannot change the RMA automated system for just one component so each case based on this thread will be handled outside of the normal responses you get from the system.

please...be patient!!

We have patience!!!!!

simply send a courier to pick ssd ..

I think the thing most 'rapid ...

They have all the addresses of those who requested a RMA

Shipping Carrier:

NOTE: FORCE 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK CUSTOMERS: Corsair will cover freight costs. We will be in contact with you to arrange this.

Otherwise, The consumer is responsible for return freight costs to Corsair. We recommend shipping your product with a carrier who provides tracking and insurance options. Corsair is not liable for lost or stolen packages.

i think they're going to tell us how to make a free shipping ;)

We are working on the shipping issue. Please give us a bit of time and we'll have it sorted. What we will be doing is shipping a shipper to the address you submit on your RMA form. This should be sent out to you withing 24 hours of submission.

Currently, there is no notification on the RMA page of this. However, internally, we are making it happen for Force 3 users. Sorry for any confusion.

Well done Corsair.

People on the other side are still being told "to pat their head, rub their stomach, hop on one foot, all while singing the star spangled banner during a full moon when there is a high tide in order for it to work properly".

So, when is the Force 3 GT going to be available?

while I'm not too happy especially since I had to take apart my laptop to have this installed I'm glad you are acknowledging the issue. With that being said when can we expect a replacement? Also will there be an option for cross shipping or advance RMA? I would like as little downtime as possible.

Well done Corsair.

People on the other side are still being told "to pat their head, rub their stomach, hop on one foot, all while singing the star spangled banner during a full moon when there is a high tide in order for it to work properly".

You left off listening to Led Zeppelin IV backwards.

So, when is the Force 3 GT going to be available?
Soon is all I can really say due to the process of shipping from Asia, customs, distribution times, etc etc. We are certainly hoping for the next 30 days or less.

while I'm not too happy especially since I had to take apart my laptop to have this installed I'm glad you are acknowledging the issue. With that being said when can we expect a replacement? Also will there be an option for cross shipping or advance RMA? I would like as little downtime as possible.

Please speak to Customer Service , http://www.corsair.com , under the CONTACT tab. They can tell you your shipping options.

Great work Corsair! Superb PR and action plans! :biggrin:

I can't believe people are even still able to complain after this. Yes; its quite a hassle but so what? It's not money gone down the drain on the consumer's part.

Great to know that the rest of the Force lineup aren't affected too!

I can't understand why you have a RMA process where the customer has to pay for the item being shipped back. Event hough in this case you will pay for the shipping that should be the case in any situation when you have sold faulty hardware.

What about the European (German) sold ssd´s? I contacted my distributor and ask for the possibilities to fix the problem … Answer.. What there is a problem? After I told him to look at this forum he gave me a call back. The option what they are able to give me is.. No refund.. No change to another product.. Just sit and wait what happen. I’ve bought 10 of this ssd and I am not happy to wait 30 days or more for new ones. I have to buy new cause my customers are waiting for them.. so I pay again 4000 € and have to wait 30 days to get back the ssd I don’t need any more.

I know **** happen sometimes … but don’t get me wrong .. You blame others to pay for yous. that is not fair.´

Are there other Options?

Archived