USERS WITH ANY DRIVE BEGINNING WITH SERIAL # 1123 OR LATER THAT ARE HAVING ISSUES, READ THIS NEW THREAD FIRST LINKED HERE!
IF YOUR DRIVE BEGINS WITH SERIAL # 1123 or LATER, THIS THREAD DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES 3 UPDATE, JUNE 7, 2011
Over the past several days, we have analyzed issues associated with the stability of our recently released 120GB Force Series 3 SSD. Our review has identified that a significant percentage of these drive do not operate to specifications. The solution will require changes to both the SSD firmware and the hardware components of the SSD itself.
We have stopped shipments of the affected drive, Corsair part number CSSD-F120GB3-BK
, effective immediately and have implemented the following remediation plan:
(1) ALL users should cease using the CSSD-F120GB3-BK drive immediately, even if you have not experienced issues of stability.
(2) Users may then either RETURN the drive to Corsair, at Corsair's expense, to be exchanged with a replacement drive that does meet specifications OR
(3) Return the drive to their place of purchase.
Corsair is committed to product quality and we want to assure our customers that this remediation plan will be implemented at no cost to you.
To return your Force Series 3 120GB SSD to Corsair, contact Corsair to ARRANGE YOUR REPLACEMENT
. Corsair will pay for shipping your drive back to Corsair and will replace your drive free of charge. Estimated turnaround time is ten business days.
NOTE: CSSD-F60GB3-BK, CSSD-F240GB3-BK, and Force GT are NOT affected by this issue.
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR RMA APPROVAL AND SHIPPING
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard
We are working on the shipping issue. Please give us a bit of time and we'll have it sorted. What we will be doing is shipping a shipper to the address you submit on your RMA form. This should be sent out to you withing 24 hours of submission.
Currently, there is no notification on the RMA page of this. However, internally, we are making it happen for Force 3 users. Sorry for any confusion.
1. Keep your bracket from your current drive. The replacement drives will all be new retail units with a bracket so, you'll have an extra bracket. You will NOT receive the same drive in return. Please back up any critical data on your drive if this applies to you.
2. RMAs are set to be approved typically within 1 business day. So, if you submit at 12:00pm on a Monday, we strive to approve by 12:00pm on Tuesday. However, we are working diligently to reduce that time for Force 3 customers to minimize your inconvenience and down time.
3. Once your RMA is approved, we will review it within 24 hours and dispatch a shipping label to the email address you gave in your TSX/RMA case. So, you have a window of 24 to 48 hours for the complete process. Again, we are working very hard to avoid it taking that long for Force 3 customers.
If you do not have a shipping label in your email box after a full 48 hours, or within 24 hours of your RMA being approved (approved, not submitted) then please contact us using the information in your TSX case.
If you have individual concerns relating to your RMA such as shipping concerns, advanced replacement, shipping times, etc please do NOT post them here. It is impossible to properly address your concerns in a general forum thread. You will need to do 1 of 2 things.
1. Call us. 1-http://www.corsair.com/us/company/contact/.
2. Post your questions in your TSX case and we'll work with you there.
UPDATED SHIPPING AND RMA PROCESSING INFORMATION - JUNE 10, 2011
• Any customer in a remote location or with an APO address should call customer service directly, http://www.corsair.com/us/company/contact/ or http://www.corsair.com/us/company/contact/ to arrange their RMA. If the customer is unable to make a UPS drop off then we will reimburse them for their return freight based on the shipper invoice.
• Due to the volume of requests we are asking for 24-48 hours processing time to issue the prepaid shipping labels. The customer will receive the label via e-mail.
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard
The invoice is (1) page total. The customer needs to attach (3) copies of this invoice along with the shipping label. In total, there will be (4) total documents. (3) invoice copies and (1) shipping label.
Users have asked about how they will know if they are getting a drive with the fix implemented. You can tell by looking at the first four numbers above the product part number on the UPC sticker. Anything with 1122 or lower needs to be returned. Anything with 1123 or above is good new product. ONLY the printed label on the drive applies to this issue. The digital serial number has NOTHING to do with this issue and the digital serial number is not intended to match the serial number on the label.