Corsair Community

8Gb Flash Voyager not recognised by TV or DVD player

meself

Hi all

My 8Gb Flash Voyager USB stick “appears” to be working fine on my computer systems however neither my LG Hi Def TV nor my Toshiba Divx Multi Region /play anything DVD player will recognise it.

Strangely enough both will recognise a cheap auld Transcend V33 1Gb drive without any problem at all.

Considering the quality normally associated with Corsair I am at a loss to understand this.

Any help most appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Our USB drives may not work with these types of devices because we use a USB Hub based controller to enhance the performance of the drive and most devices like TV's DVD players and such will not see USB devices through a USB HUB. Sorry!

Hi RamGuy

Thank you for your speedy reply.

I am naturally more than a little disappointed that the reason my flash drive does not work in standard every day TV and Video (all with USB capabilities) is that it’s the nature of Corsairs USB hub controller that is the problem. Even more so as I mentioned above when a so-called “lesser brand” such as Transcend works perfectly.

I am now in the market for a replacement USB drive which apparently cannot be a Corsair.

Thank you anyway.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but as we do not do compatibility testing with these devices I would not have any way to verify if one of drives will work. But older USB such as 1.0 Gig USB drives even ours may work fine, but almost all of the newer USB drives all even other manufacturers use the same technology but I would ask the maker of that device if they have done any compatibility testing with any USB device to get the one that will work for you.Sorry!

• 4 months later...

I had same problem. My TV LG32LK330 didn't recognized mi Corsair Voyager 8GB stick. Formatting didn't help but after I have changed in options on optimized for performance (earlier was on optimised for quick removal) my TV has recognized this USB stick.

I have used this stick on TV about 10 days and after that TV again does not recognize Corsair USB stick and I cant make it work again.

Do you have any idea how can I make this stick again playable for my TV?

Archived