Corsair Community

H70 Warranty

kriswilx

I just purchased a 600t for a new build I am putting together. I picked up and H70 for cooling and I am really interested on whether I should use it or not. Here are a few questions I have:

The warranty is 2 years, what happens after that? Do I need to replace the cooler in 2 years? If there is a chance this thing will leak and after two years I am not covered, why the heck would I want to use it?

If the pump goes bad how will I know? Besides from the rising temperatures.

If this thing does leak, I know its rare, and ruins all of my hardware, is that covered under the warranty. Will corsair replace all the hardware I just bought?

I am a die hard corsair fan. I have dealt with their outstanding customer support in the past and highly recommend them to anybody. My main concern is damage caused by a leak or a faulty pump. I may return it and stick with a straight air cooled solution.

Thanks in advance for any information.

err really, the warranty period is there so that if there's any problems within those 2 years you can go through corsair to have it replaced or fixed. who knows, heatsink seems to be the one of the most commonly replaced components. 2 years may seem short but in reality you probably won't have the H70 for 2 years, but if you do, good for you. that goes to say, if you are questioning why you should keep it after 2 years... well if it works why not? people don't just buy things and keep it just within that warranty period and dump it somewhere. so if it works fine after 2 years just keep using it if you are satisfied with it but just know that if it breaks down it's your problem. no one can really answer that for you. why would you want to use it... well you answer that yourself. it's kind of like saying you won't keep a brand new car you just bought after it exceeds warranty period or mileage of xxx miles.

if pump goes bad, mainly temp will rise, that's the first thing you'll notice. if you are paranoid, download HW monitor and check the pump RPM, it should be running at 1400RPM always.

I saw over on other forums when this member had corsair H series leak and pretty much killed every component in his system, corsair took responsibility and replaced every damaged components. that's pretty kick *** customer service there.

I saw over on other forums when this member had corsair H series leak and pretty much killed every component in his system, corsair took responsibility and replaced every damaged components. that's pretty kick *** customer service there.
It should also be noted that those circumstances are not explicitly covered on the warranty page and as such (as far as I know) is handled on a case by case basis.

Archived