Corsair Community

Corsair SSD Reactor 60GB

EL-Paso

Hello, (for people that are interested)

Just wanted to let you know that i got 4 X Corsair SSD Reactor 60GB.

I will soon post some speed tests of them in a raid 0 and also post all current unknown info abate the drive.

Feel free if more people got the drives to add info and you're reactions to the drive.

I currently building system and if we are lucky, on Friday night a post have been made regarding speed and controller!!

"The Reactor series comes equipped with a 128MB cache and read/write speeds of up to 250/110MB/s for the 60GB model and 250/170MB/s for the 120GB model. The Corsair Reactor also provides a standard SATA 3.0Gbps interface and a mini USB"

If anyone else have the R60 or R120 Pleas post ATTO Bench, to see if they also are like flying around on speed.

Also Ram Dude, Can you tell me way they look like this!!! system is brand new and i have high experience for over 20 years of hardware. Im new to SSD but the intel X25-M G2 I have do not fly all over the (have a stable speed). Also how can it be that Corsair have them out on the market, but there is 0 info abate them on you're website!!!

I picked up one of these yesterday. Now I am worried. These numbers are erratic and I need this to be able to play HD video. I did notice that the drive was pre-formatted with NTSF,(I checked using the usb port) but there is so little info about these. The 120GB has an Indilinx controller. I thought these would also but I am now guessing it is a jmicron. If it is, I think this will cause a lot of returns because of the other controllers out there and the Sandforce controller comming on board. I am about to do some benches myself. I hope I have better benches.

For the sake of clarity in benchmarking. I think you should not benchmark the drive you use as a boot drive. I did get pretty consistant increases until it topped out at about 240. Once it reached 200 @32kb it never went below it. Average write was at about 100MB/s while average read was about 235MB/s. As you can see this is on a 32bit quad core machine.

I would suggest setting the Raid to 128K cluster and the when you do the QUICK Format select 32k Allocation.

That was my setup... One fanny thing was that i got trim to work in raid 0 with my R60 with the latest intel chip driver!!! Did not know it was working in raid 0. I have not dig down, if i find more info i let you know. (Did not work with the OCZ ssd i have)

• Corsair Employee
The latest Driver for the Intel storage driver is rumored to work with Windows 7 Trim. But I have not seen anything official yet from Intel. And before you post here it is; I have not talked to them or looked on their site.

Hello, i bought the R60 as well, and i'm wondering about the burst rate i always get with HD Tune. I think it should be more than 100mb/s :confused:. (my hard drive's burst rate is above 200). Can somebody test it with hd tune and post the result here please?

I'm using the R60 as the os drive (xp pro 32), but i testet it under vista as non-sys-drive and the result was the same.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5268/r60.jpghttp://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3038/attou.jpg

Hello, (for people that are interested)

Just wanted to let you know that i got 4 X Corsair SSD Reactor 60GB.

I will soon post some speed tests of them in a raid 0 and also post all current unknown info abate the drive.

Feel free if more people got the drives to add info and you're reactions to the drive.

I currently building system and if we are lucky, on Friday night a post have been made regarding speed and controller!!

"The Reactor series comes equipped with a 128MB cache and read/write speeds of up to 250/110MB/s for the 60GB model and 250/170MB/s for the 120GB model. The Corsair Reactor also provides a standard SATA 3.0Gbps interface and a mini USB"

Did these drives support TRIM?? I'm looking in buying one of those but till now NO INFO OR REVIEW are available....:confused:

Hi El-Paso and all,

I posted some benchmark results/information on R60 over at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=85297 also I posted a youtube link at

and that guy James got some excellant read/write results. I followed RAM GUY recommendations and I still get inconsistent results, these drives are brand new. I am wondering if there is a firmware update. I have 10 days left from the company i got them from before i can get a refund for them, i really like Corsair products and I dont want to return them but if i cant get consistent results then i have no chioce. If u look at the video you can see that James got amazing results compared to the R60. I also follow all his steps on the youtube link and still no joy.

Attached is my latest results, I am waiting on RAM Guy to give me some more advice or if anyone else can help much appriciated.

cheers

J.

SSDSJ2.thumb.jpg.296aa0ca91d3f894784ded9fd5ed2cde.jpg

Raid Cluster 128k, formate allocation was default, and yes quick format, i also did a reinstall to this drive.

When I run the command fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify it does equal 0, which to my knowledge means TRIM is running. Yes I am using latest drivers RST 9.5.7.1002

Archived