Corsair Community

question

j3pflynn

Is there any reason CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 dual modules should not work right @ DDR3 1600 using manually entered SPD provided settings with a Phenom II x4 925 and Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H? I had to bump up the RAM voltage by .05V to provide the stated 1.65V.

I'm testing again overnight using the much looser "Auto" Settings(11-11-11-29, etc.), but Gold Memory ver. 6.92 found lots of errors @ DDR31600 with the SPD settings. They're unganged in the first 2 slots, DDR3_1 and DDR3_2, as recommended by the Gigabyte manual.

Haven't installed anything yet, just testing the memory and tweaking things a little before starting that. Just using IGP video, which is only using the Sideport memory, so it's not using any of the main memory for a buffer.

Turns out it may just be an issue with Gold Memory v. 6.92, which hasn't been updated since 2007. With Memtest86+ v. 4.00, I was able to successfully test it at DDR1600, although with relaxed timings (11-11-11-29), while with GoldMemory, it got a slew of errors at the same settings.

Archived