The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Hardware Related (Non Corsair Questions) > Cases, Power Supplies and Case Mods

Notices

Old 01-10-2007, 07:20 AM

POST ID # = 277266
stepadery Reputation: 10
Default Case front led wires to front panel header

The case I'm trying to hook up to my motherboards front panel header has hookups for Hard drive activity led, Power led, Reset switch, On\Off switch. The wires on the case for each connection has a white wire and than either red, blue, orange, green.
Lets say I'm connecting the hard drive activity led, should the white wire connect to Pin 1 or pin 2? or maybe the question be is the white wire on each connector the - or + connection? The motherboard I'm connecting to Intel® Desktop Board D865PERL.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:58 PM
The Shizzle o da Hizzle!
baileyca's PC Specs

POST ID # = 277428
baileyca Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepadery View Post
The case I'm trying to hook up to my motherboards front panel header has hookups for Hard drive activity led, Power led, Reset switch, On\Off switch. The wires on the case for each connection has a white wire and than either red, blue, orange, green.
Lets say I'm connecting the hard drive activity led, should the white wire connect to Pin 1 or pin 2? or maybe the question be is the white wire on each connector the - or + connection? The motherboard I'm connecting to Intel® Desktop Board D865PERL.
Did your case come with a wiring diagram? It should tell you which is which. Do the white wires have a black stripe running down them? Do the coloured ones? (The stripe is usually used to indicate negative.)

Failing that, you could just try hooking them up and seeing if it works. Case lights draw such little power-- in my experience, it doesn't really matter which way you hook them, up. So long as current is flowing thru the LED, they work. (Try this at your own risk! For all you know, it could cause you computer to kerplode. ;-))

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: