Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.7.35 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.7.35.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.7.35, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.

What version of Windows you're using.

Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Changelog:

• No new features.

Bug Fixes:

• Improved stability with AMD graphics cards and motherboards.
  • Text for Commander Mini, Lighting Node, and Cooling Node on home screen fixed.
  • Vengeance RGB DRAM tile now appears for ASUS TUF X299 Mark 2 and ASUS Maximus VIII HERO motherboards..
  • CPU core numbering has been fixed.
  • Mechanical hard disks are no longer tracked by LINK, allowing them to enter sleep state.

Known Issues:

• Dashboard sometimes loads blank or becomes blank. (To be fixed in next release.)
  • EVGA Precision XOC software may conflict with Corsair LINK. Please update to the most recent version of EVGA Precision XOC to resolve this issue.
  • LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.
  • CPUs with more than 16 cores will not report all cores. This is a limitation of Corsair LINK being a 32-bit application.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version: v4.9.7.35

Windows 10 Pro x64

My AX760i that is connected to my H100i (fw: 1.1.3) is not detected, same as previous versions. Last working version: v4.6.0.86

I can find it with siv/http://rh-software.com/ so it is some problem with Link

So far so good with this update I even got information of my Vengeance LED RAM displaying , but I noticed that all HDD temperature info gone. It is a bug or it was removed ?

It was removed. See release notes under "Bug Fixes".

The changelog specifically mentions mechanical hard drives no longer being monitored, but my m.2 SSD temperature is also no longer being reported by Link.

I have an issue where Corsair Link does not recognize my H115i when I boot up. I have to unplug the USB from the cooler and re-plug in, then it shows up in link. I can hear the USB disconnect and reconnect chimes so I know it is connected, but it isn't recognized. It works fine after this. I have an ASUS ROG Maximus X HERO motherboard, Windows 10 64bit, i7-8700K.

I have an issue where Corsair Link does not recognize my H115i when I boot up. I have to unplug the USB from the cooler and re-plug in, then it shows up in link. I can hear the USB disconnect and reconnect chimes so I know it is connected, but it isn't recognized. It works fine after this. I have an ASUS ROG Maximus X HERO motherboard, Windows 10 64bit, i7-8700K.

Check your USB settings in the BIOS ... enable both Legacy USB and XHCI support.

It was removed. See release notes under "Bug Fixes".

not monitoring any drives such as ssd'd and nvme m.2 drives is BS, some of my fans are tied to those drives, including some HDD drives, and is complete BS to remove from the software, add a switch for turning it off if you want them to sleep. I've really about had it with corsair and this buggy software, they EOL their stuff so fast and then basically thumb their noses at the very people that buy their products. people asked for months about not being able to control their ram led's, was told many times it was fixed or it would be fixed, hell was even told they didn't know why it didn't work and blamed my MB and low and behold it is finally fixed but then you bork the drives. What is the point of a monitoring and control software if you cant monitor or control something?

From the release notes I read this under known issues:

LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.

The word "issues" and "limitation" seem to contradict. Is this an actual problem that can be fixed or is it an actual limitation with this piece of hardware which can't be fixed?

They're working on it. It's better to disable the feature than to leave it in the state where it is potentially harmful to some drives. It's not like they're never going to re-implement it; they're trying to prevent things from getting worse.

but for me it doesnt matter, as i assume for most, since windows its self and other programs still keep the drives awake and clicking.

I'll miss all my internal hard drive and M.2 drive temperatures, as my fans were tied to them as well, but if it lets them sleep, then fair enough.

I agree with quadlatte, a switch would be nice, so we can check them occasionally and see if they are all behaving.

So far so good with this update I even got information of my Vengeance LED RAM displaying , but I noticed that all HDD temperature info gone. It is a bug or it was removed ?

Same issue here...HDD temps are gone.....among M2 and SSD's....

Thanks for the suggestion, but I checked and the legacy USB support is enabled in my BIOS.

OK. To clarify ... do you have the H115i (original) or the H115i PRO (new)?

And are you running any other monitoring software? HWInfo? HWMonitor? Aida? Anything? What about EVGA XOC?

Have you tried disabling/enabling the device in Device Manager (see cooler FAQ).

Hey y'all ...

No hard drive temps will be reported. This is by design. It's been removed to resolve the clicking/drive access issue that was widely reported (and screamed and yelled about) here on the forum.

When the underlying issues that caused this is fixed, they will bring the hard drive monitoring back.

OK. To clarify ... do you have the H115i (original) or the H115i PRO (new)?

And are you running any other monitoring software? HWInfo? HWMonitor? Aida? Anything? What about EVGA XOC?

Have you tried disabling/enabling the device in Device Manager (see cooler FAQ).

I was able to disable and enable the device in the device manage and that seems to work. I had tried that in the past but got a strange message saying that the driver was not completely installed and I needed to restart my computer, which was just a do-loop and didn't help. When I had run the trouble shooter, windows said it was a USB 2 device and not compatible with USB 3, which seemed strange. I do have EVGA Precision XOC and will try disabling the LED sync. No other HW monitoring other that ASUS suite. I have the H115i. Thanks a lot, and if the disable/enable is all I have to do after a reboot, that isn't so bad.

I was able to disable and enable the device in the device manage and that seems to work. I had tried that in the past but got a strange message saying that the driver was not completely installed and I needed to restart my computer, which was just a do-loop and didn't help. When I had run the trouble shooter, windows said it was a USB 2 device and not compatible with USB 3, which seemed strange. I do have EVGA Precision XOC and will try disabling the LED sync. No other HW monitoring other that ASUS suite. I have the H115i. Thanks a lot, and if the disable/enable is all I have to do after a reboot, that isn't so bad.

If it's PrecisionXOC, you'll need to do it continuously. The only solution is to either disable or uninstall it.

Archived