Corsair Community

Corsair link 4.9.6.19 upgrade no fans

fester

updated this morning to 4.9.6.19

and now no control of fans or pump speed anyone else with the issue

Make sure you do the basics with a reboot and then if still nothing, disconnect and reconnect the cooler's USB from the board with Link not running before launching again.

I hate updating directly through the server, but I did it anyway. The install appears to have gone OK with all devices appearing on reload. Cross my fingers on better stability.

This went poorly. On Link 4.9.6 I lost control over my H115i Pro. No fan control, no LED control, zero control. The settings and colors change in Link, but the pump was frozen. It obviously was recognized, but no amount of rebooting or re-plugging brought it back. Additionally, Link 4.9.6 failed to remove the prior 4.9.5 on the install. Both versions were there. Another reason not to do this from the update server.

Back on 4.9.5.25 and everything is back to normal with no other changes needed. Use caution.

My C-Pro and ML-RGB fans all worked normally through this. Only the H115i Pro was affected. Fester, what hardware/cooler are you using? We may need to track this by model.

corsair h150 is my cooler,all my other fans are fine just cpu cooler

OK, that is two PRO coolers with no fan/pump/LED control. If you guys can list your coolers whether results are positive or negative, we might be able to gain a little more insight or at least a risk assessment.

"Corsair Link has Stopped Working" Get this EVERY time with every version. Happens when monitor either goes to sleep, or coming back offa screen saver. FYI, MULTIPLE AMD cards in system.... When it works, it works fine, can game for some time prior to getting this error as well. Time to move on...

This is ridiculous. I've lost control of my H150i and going back to old version does not help. Any official update from Corsair?

If going back to the previous version didn't restore functionality, can you look in Device Manager for the cooler? See item #1 on the cooler FAQ (linked below).

If it's not in device manager, can you post a screen shot of USBDeView (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html). This may help us see what's going on.

OK, that is two PRO coolers with no fan/pump/LED control. If you guys can list your coolers whether results are positive or negative, we might be able to gain a little more insight or at least a risk assessment.

I too am in the same boat. H115i either not available in link or just not responding. I have rolled back to Link (v4.8.0.82) with no luck. Another thing that has changed, is my H115i is now listed as (H115i Platinum) in device manager under (USB devices), not under (USB controllers) where it used to be listed. My H80i v2 on my GPU seems to be fine.

All ...

This issue appears to be in the Link UI exclusively. Reverting to previous versions does help. However, to assist in repro, please include the following information:

1) What colors/LED effects do you have set?

2) Do you have "Mimic LED Animation" enabled in Link?

3) Do you have a custom case image? Does this happen on the "Configure" page, the "Home" page or both?

4) Does it happen immediately or does it take time?

I do know that the Corsair Dustin & the Dev Team are looking into this and this information may help. I, personally, have not been able to reproduce the issue with my H115i PRO so it doesn't appear to be universal.

My issue is the same, I have a 150i PRO. Since I've updated to 4.9.6.19 I have zero control over my fan speed or RGB. The cooler IS recognized by corsair Link and has worked fine with fans and pump at max RPM for the passed few months. I can set the pump and fans to different settings, but they remain at the same RPM after hitting apply. Same goes to the RGBs.

v4.9.6.19

Problem is with drivers / hardware, Exit Link, go to device manager and remove Corsair USBXp Driver then 'Scan for hardware changes' then Link will work correctly.

Also I did exactly this, and now Corsair Link doesn't recognize my 150i PRO anymore.

Please help.

My issue is the same, I have a 150i PRO. Since I've updated to 4.9.6.19 I have zero control over my fan speed or RGB. The cooler IS recognized by corsair Link and has worked fine with fans and pump at max RPM for the passed few months. I can set the pump and fans to different settings, but they remain at the same RPM after hitting apply. Same goes to the RGBs.

Also I did exactly this, and now Corsair Link doesn't recognize my 150i PRO anymore.

Please help.

You need to uninstall 4.9.6.19 and reinstall the previous version (4.9.5.25).

There is an issue with a significant subset of users (not all, believe it or not) where the Link UI is hanging, causing the Pro series coolers to be uncontrollable.

You need to uninstall 4.9.6.19 and reinstall the previous version (4.9.5.25).

There is an issue with a significant subset of users (not all, believe it or not) where the Link UI is hanging, causing the Pro series coolers to be uncontrollable.

Yeah I tried that, whenever I install 4.9.5.25 it just installs 4.9.6.19

Archived