Corsair Community

RGB Connector female pins

BobKabob

Hello World!

Due to an unfortunate accident with some diagonal cutters and one of my RGB connectors to my HD140 fans, I am in need of some assistance. Specifically, does anyone know of any replacement pins that fit the RGB connectors (female pins). The pins appear to be the same along the entire LINK line and identical on my fans, LED strip connectors, controllers, and various extensions.

I have asked Customer Support, but it's "not information we have as modification/repairs are not accounted for in the fans' warranty." and information regarding the pins "would be would be a liability for an engineer as well as we can't provide information regarding these cases for these circumstances."

So I'm looking to the community for help here, per a suggestion from support. I have the tools and skills required to crimp on new pins, but I'd rather not spend hours looking through the Mouser catalog hoping to find the right part.

The setup otherwise worked. Cable management is always the part that takes all my time...

Those are the right connectors, but I'd rather fix it right and crimp the pins, not leave a soldered splice somewhere in the case. With all the extensions and controllers that came with the obscene number of corsair products I bought for my new rig (RGB YAY) that I don't need, I know I can salvage pins that are already crimped to wires. I was hoping to find the pins for a few bucks and do it right.

Well my research appears to have paid off. I believe these connectors to be part of the Molex SL Modular Connector series. The pins themselves lack the stamping Molex has defined on them, so Corsair MAY be using replica parts (which may be why they seem to be reluctant on dispensing any information, but thats just my guess). Measuring my existing pins and cross referencing the technical drawings from the Molex site leave little doubt as to a proper identification.

Looking through the site I was able to find pins that should fit the application (series 70058 tin female crimp terminals). I'm going to attempt to find a seller who doesn't require a HUGE minimum order and I'll report back on their effectiveness. I know I'm pretty deep in the weeds on this one, but with all the custom PSU cabling modders out there, I'm sure another true electronics hobbyist will find this information useful.

Below is the landing page for the Molex SL Connectors. A quick google image search will also net connectors and pins that look exactly like the connectors and pins used in the Corsair lineup for RGB control.

http://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=sl_connectors&channel=products&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction

is that "series 70058 tin female crimp terminals" the part number you need? If you can give me more info on the exact part you need I'll give it to my wife. She buys so much s*** to build boards and who knows what all the time for work, she might have something similar, the exact piece, or she can purchase it for future use.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it took me a lot longer to get around to fixing my connector, but fixed it is. I used Molex part# 16-02-0102. Pins fit right in the existing connector. I'm thinking I might even order a few more and possibly do custom length RGB wires for my build, just to reduce the clutter.

Here is the link to the Molex part, including datasheets and other reference materials.

I'm sure no one was waiting around for this info, but for the person searching years from now for the same info, you're welcome.

Archived