Corsair Community

CUE v2.11.115 cannot install, says it cannot remove old version.

Joheinous

I recently acquired the Polaris mousepad and I had been sitting on this issue for a while with my Void RGB Wireless. I previously had CUE installed, but when there was an update it just broke. I decided to try again this morning to install CUE.

I went, got the newest .msi and ran it. It went through most of the installation until it said "The older version of Corsair Utility Engine cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

I guess my technical support group will be you guys.

I then went to Change or remove a program and tried to uninstall the old CUE (which won't launch) and I get this error message: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package." I have also deleted the Corsair folder that is under C:\Users\Joheinous\AppData\Local.

I just want to use my RGBness in peace and solidarity. Can anyone help?

What older versions did you have installed before? CEU 1.x?

It looks like the registry entries for the old application are broken and that's why you get the error. I think clearing the windows registry entries manually and then removing the files would be the only option. After that's done you can try re-installing the new version.

What older versions did you have installed before? CEU 1.x?

It looks like the registry entries for the old application are broken and that's why you get the error. I think clearing the windows registry entries manually and then removing the files would be the only option. After that's done you can try re-installing the new version.

I went into regedit and went to Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\Driver and cleared everything in there, default didn't delete though (I think that's normal right?). I still cannot install or remove CUE, same errors.

I went into regedit and went to Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\Driver and cleared everything in there, default didn't delete though (I think that's normal right?). I still cannot install or remove CUE, same errors.

Doing that you only deleted the files, you also need to clean the windows registry as the installer relies on some variables/values in there as well. You'd have to search for the word corsair or CUE to find all relevant values and delete them, unfortunately I don't think there is a guide for that anywhere.

Archived