Corsair Community

Corsair K70 Bug

Raffik12

Keyboard randomly starts typing multiple letters after starting and closing games.

Video for proof in question

[ame]

[/ame]

Anyone have any ideas?

Updates: IT IS BRAND NEW. 4 DAYS OLD. Firmware up to date and software downloaded AFTER issues sprung up.

Happens when I open and close games like WOW

i have a similar issue right out of the box

pressing "p" yields a random string rteiopquwy eioprtuy[qw iopuy[eqrtw eioprtuy[qw and even turns scroll lock and caps lock on and off and even throws in a carriage return occasionally

so keeiuopqrtwy in mind that every time i hit p[eioqrtuwy i have to delete around any iouepqrtwy that is in the random letters to get the letter i want

pressing the zero key on numpad or top shows wierd stuff 890-1234567` 890-1234567` 2345671890-` 4567890-123` 1234560.789 1234560.789 1456237890. 1456789230.

pressing the . key on numpad is ok, but the main one yields bcmnvxz,\>?bcmnv,./XZ|CXZ|BMNV<>?bcmnv,./XZ|bcmnvxz,./|

pressing the enter key on numpad is ok but main keyboard yields stuff that i cant even show because its opening the source editor bar in the bottom of my browser and jumping all over the post

the down arrow key opens up new tabs and zooms on the current tab and all kinds of stuff

there might be other buttons that dont do what i expect as well, but im getting annoyed typing right now. hopefully someone has the solution!

If you turn off CUE does this problem still occur?

If yes try they keyboard in another computer does it also output random chars? -> If yes RMA it. If not try a different USB port on the computer with issues, or a different combination of ports.

If no then try making a new profile the current one could be corrupt.

Hi all, got the same problem too! Mine is with the shift key though, for example, if I press it once i get this: bcmnvx,./ and if i hold it down i get ,BCMNVXZ>?|ZBCMNV<>X?| but it only happens on the left shift, and the right shift is intermittent in actually making letters capitals.

Also updated firmware and software, changed USB ports and also tried in another PC, suddenly happened today without warning. Checked all my windows updates etc and nothing there either.

Any help would be great otherwise I will have to RMA. Had this keyboard for roughly a week now and no issues until this.

Hi all, got the same problem too! Mine is with the shift key though, for example, if I press it once i get this: bcmnvx,./ and if i hold it down i get ,BCMNVXZ>?|ZBCMNV<>X?| but it only happens on the left shift, and the right shift is intermittent in actually making letters capitals.

Also updated firmware and software, changed USB ports and also tried in another PC, suddenly happened today without warning. Checked all my windows updates etc and nothing there either.

Any help would be great otherwise I will have to RMA. Had this keyboard for roughly a week now and no issues until this.

does the problem occur if you EXIT CUE?

Yes, still happens without CUE open. Mine is right out of the box that this is happening too. Haven't tried other PCs or USB ports yet. Working 90 hours this week so limited time to test :(

I see, well when you get a chance test it in another computer. If its still crapping out, contact corsair support and ask for a hard firmware reflash. IF that doesnt work still you will need to RMA the keyboard.

This issue persists regardless of cue being on or off.

You have also brought up to me the zero on the numberpad problem.

I almost dont believe it to be my computer because of the reoccurance with other similar keyboards.

The problem clears itself with a few bios toggling a few times, from legacy to 1 ms 3-4 times fixes it.

IDK If I want to RMA it if all other keyboards have the same problem, id rather get a different keyboard.

For those wondering, The keyboard types every key in a line from the bugged key.

P hits tab qwertyuio

; hits caps asdfghjkl

. hits shift zxcvbnm,

Enter hits print screen, scroll lock, break, insert home pup and down delete and end

and zero hits 123456789.

down arrow key also hits shift controll = backspace delete end page down.

For now the fix is, using the bios trigger on the top swap back and forth between legacy and your pref

and honestly this reminds me of the Razer's issue with their mice, it almost feels like an undervoltage problem that needs to be addressed. multiple bios changes fixes it, like reinserting the mouse fixes the razer mice.

When connecting a K65/K70/K95 RGB keyboard you may notice there are two plugs, a common mistake to make is to plug both of them into a USB3.0 port. The result of this actually provides the keyboard with more power than intended and results in strange behavior. Effects may range from key "Chatter" (Multiple key inputs per stroke) or unintended color effects.

The proper way to connect the K65/K70/K95 RGB models is to use either a single USB3.0(keyboard icon) plug to a USB3.0(blue) port or both keyboard plugs if using USB2.0 (black)

this is from the websie. doesn't make a difference .

This issue persists regardless of cue being on or off.

You have also brought up to me the zero on the numberpad problem.

I almost dont believe it to be my computer because of the reoccurance with other similar keyboards.

The problem clears itself with a few bios toggling a few times, from legacy to 1 ms 3-4 times fixes it.

IDK If I want to RMA it if all other keyboards have the same problem, id rather get a different keyboard.

For those wondering, The keyboard types every key in a line from the bugged key.

P hits tab qwertyuio

; hits caps asdfghjkl

. hits shift zxcvbnm,

Enter hits print screen, scroll lock, break, insert home pup and down delete and end

and zero hits 123456789.

down arrow key also hits shift controll = backspace delete end page down.

For now the fix is, using the bios trigger on the top swap back and forth between legacy and your pref

and honestly this reminds me of the Razer's issue with their mice, it almost feels like an undervoltage problem that needs to be addressed. multiple bios changes fixes it, like reinserting the mouse fixes the razer mice.

I have been fumbling the bios switch for a while now, it still hasnt fixed...

The second usb is a damn passthrough, I need that second one plugged in for my mouse, Disconnecting the second usb does nothing.

It actually works better with a USB connected in the USB slot.

Maybe its an over power allocation or something.

problem is back...

I have been fumbling the bios switch for a while now, it still hasnt fixed...

agree.

bios switch nor different usb ports fix the issue, BUT they do seem to have some sort of effect on the resulting keystrokes. it seems to me that going to slower polling rate or all the way to the old setting on bios leads to overall less keys input per button pressed

switching between advanced and (not advanced) in the tool is a hotfix, so its a software bug in the firmware

But I still have the bug even if cue is closed. You're saying that switching advanced to OFF makes the bug go away? I'll have to try this and get back. I hope you've found the root of the problem!

But I still have the bug even if cue is closed. You're saying that switching advanced to OFF makes the bug go away? I'll have to try this and get back. I hope you've found the root of the problem!

Just toggling it on and off of advance is a quick hot fix. It's been working for me, I was questioning why it would fix itself after I'd **** with my lighting settings

did you try toggling it on advance and typing, and toggling it off and then typing?

Yep. Tried this and also tried toggling twice then typing. I tried with the main advanced button in CUE and the advanced button for the lighting config profile thing in the left side of CUE. I tried fiddling with bios too and nothing.

Exact same issue on K70 Lux red led. Had firmware update earlier this week.

Happens with and without CUE running. And connected to another PC.

For me moving BIOS switch to BIOS and then back to 1000 fixed issue.

I'm guessing it's a firmware issue. Hopefully Corsair can acknowledge fault and fix.

Nothing to do with gaming - this is my work PC - don't even play games on it!

Im sure they will look in to this, but in the mean time. if you had this problem could you provide us your computer specs, and OS. build.

windows 10 64x

8150 Bulldozer

8 gigs of ram

msi 960

750 Watt psu

Everything else is pretty generic. G43 mobo.

This has just started happening again. This time flicking the BIOS switch didn't help, neither did forcing a BIOS update (already on 2.04).

Again does it without CUE running and on another machine.

This time fixed it with toggling advanced in CUE software.

Where is Corsair - this is major issue and I'll be returning keyboard in the next few days if no response. I use this for work - and have NEVER had an issue like this with a keyboard.

My experience with Corsair is not good I'm afraid:

Had two keyboards delivered that were warped (a Strafe RGB and a K65 RGB). And now this issue. In two weeks!

windows 10 64x

8150 Bulldozer

8 gigs of ram

msi 960

750 Watt psu

Everything else is pretty generic. G43 mobo.

Check for driver and chipset updates, and bios updates. If none of that works then...

I would put in a ticket with Corsair Support (link in my signature)

Ask for a RMA. Its highly likely you have a faulty unit.

Or take it to the store where you bought it from and ask them to exchange it.

This has just started happening again. This time flicking the BIOS switch didn't help, neither did forcing a BIOS update (already on 2.04).

Again does it without CUE running and on another machine.

This time fixed it with toggling advanced in CUE software.

Where is Corsair - this is major issue and I'll be returning keyboard in the next few days if no response. I use this for work - and have NEVER had an issue like this with a keyboard.

My experience with Corsair is not good I'm afraid:

Had two keyboards delivered that were warped (a Strafe RGB and a K65 RGB). And now this issue. In two weeks!

Again... I would put in a ticket with Corsair Support (link in my signature)

Ask for a RMA. Its highly likely you have a faulty unit.

Archived