Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance LED stick problem

z3n0mal4

Hello

I just bought a X99 platform, Asus X99 Strix + 6800K + 2 x Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16.

Right off the start, one module is not working.

I switched it to another slot, still ain't showing up. All I got is 24GB of memory.

Also I noticed that it's powered and the LED has a very slow pulse cycle. And I mean so slow, I can see clearly the different phases of illumination before it gets to full on, stays like that a couple of minutes, then it slowly dims again.

I wonder if there are any things I could try to resuscitate it before sending it to RMA.

Also, if I do have to send it, how do I find it's pairing module? Because I have to send back the kit.

Thanks

There was a very limited offer on Vengeance LED.

Anyway, it's not a compatibility problem.

I installed the faulty stick in slot D1 (the default for only one stick setup) and it doesn't boot, I get error code 53 - "Memory initialization error".

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday i received the replacement kit and installed it.

I was having the "old" kit in slots B1 and D1, they were running at 2400MHz.

I installed the new kit in slots A1 and C1, booted and BIOS saw all 4 sticks.

After aprox. 30mins of web surfing, Win10 installed some updates and i restarted the PC.

Surprise, only 3 sticks now - 24GB.

The stick in slot D1 (old stick) is no longer recognized. I removed the new kit, switched the old kit in between B1-D1, the stick won't work. I tried to boot only with it in slot D1, i get the 53 post code message. Also, CPU-Z sees the model number of the problem stick, but no MB attached to it (don't know if this means something).

It's a strange coincidence the stick died when another kit arrived, but at least i can send it back now and still have some memory to run on my system.

Given the number of posts around the forum about Vengeance LED, i think there is a real problem with these sticks.

Yesterday i received the replacement kit and installed it.

I was having the "old" kit in slots B1 and D1, they were running at 2400MHz.

I installed the new kit in slots A1 and C1, booted and BIOS saw all 4 sticks.

After aprox. 30mins of web surfing, Win10 installed some updates and i restarted the PC.

Surprise, only 3 sticks now - 24GB.

The stick in slot D1 (old stick) is no longer recognized. I removed the new kit, switched the old kit in between B1-D1, the stick won't work. I tried to boot only with it in slot D1, i get the 53 post code message. Also, CPU-Z sees the model number of the problem stick, but no MB attached to it (don't know if this means something).

It's a strange coincidence the stick died when another kit arrived, but at least i can send it back now and still have some memory to run on my system.

Given the number of posts around the forum about Vengeance LED, i think there is a real problem with these sticks.

I had "dead" stick issues as well then I noticed that my Asus Rampage ed. 10 was putting the dram voltage to 1.5v when xmp was enabled. I manually set my voltages to 1.35 and all 8 work fine except the occasional slow LED. Check your dram voltage on your strix

I had "dead" stick issues as well then I noticed that my Asus Rampage ed. 10 was putting the dram voltage to 1.5v when xmp was enabled. I manually set my voltages to 1.35 and all 8 work fine except the occasional slow LED. Check your dram voltage on your strix

I was monitoring the voltage, it's ok at 1.35V. Also enabling XMP Profile#1 in BIOS to 3200MHz it's still 1.35V.

I'm having the SAME issues with the LED sticks..same exact set up as you except i have an i7-5960x. Im only posting 24gb, sometimes only 16gb. EXACT!! Corsair techs upport claims the sticks are compatible with our motherboard. I already RMA'd my motherboard thinking it was a slot issue , long behold its not. Corsair does not like the new ASUS motherboards apparently..they just don't want to admit it. No one wants to admit the corsair memory kits (from trying multiple kits and returning to new egg), that they don't work well with the new x99 platform motherboards. I tried the sticks in my friends computer and he has an MSI..works like a charm.

someone from corsair PLEASE respond.

I was monitoring the voltage, it's ok at 1.35V. Also enabling XMP Profile#1 in BIOS to 3200MHz it's still 1.35V.

Hey keep in touch with me, as we have the same motherboard. I have already been through an RMA with ASUS. Now I know its not the motherboard. Do this - my sticks are 51, 52, 53, 54 - 51 is not posting at all. If you run in sequence 52 on D1 and 53 on B1 - they will both post at 16gb. If you do 52, 53, 54 - D1, B1, A1 - it will post 24gb however the post on A1 with 54 will state "unknown". Thats why I think its a memory issue. I'm about to head down to microcenter and purchase a gskill set to test and let you know. Keep me updated if you get in contact with customer support. They state its compatible but its not...I don't know who tested , what etc.

@s5drew - I already sent the kit to warranty from the store i bought it. The thing is i only installed the problem module, after clearing CMOS, in single channel, and it won't work. So that's about it. The stick is dead. If it's not working alone, it won't team up either :)

I also talked to Asus support, they recomend i try again with a replacement kit to confirm it was a coincidence. But i do believe it was, since i see here there are many problems with these memory models.

@s5drew - I already sent the kit to warranty from the store i bought it. The thing is i only installed the problem module, after clearing CMOS, in single channel, and it won't work. So that's about it. The stick is dead. If it's not working alone, it won't team up either :)

I also talked to Asus support, they recomend i try again with a replacement kit to confirm it was a coincidence. But i do believe it was, since i see here there are many problems with these memory models.

Go to the SPD info under tools in your bios - tell me what the manufacture/bar codes say - mine says really funky stuff. about to post some pictures. Wondering if yours says the same errors.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/s5drew/File_000_zpsoyrzhsh1.jpeg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/s5drew/File_001_zps5as18cmt.jpeg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/s5drew/File_006_zpsyrxj496f.jpeg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/s5drew/File_005_zpslonpz19i.jpeg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/s5drew/File_002_zpshwcvwumg.jpeg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/s5drew/File_003_zpsqtjdokf1.jpeg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/s5drew/File_004_zps4wmzehme.jpeg

You can check my CPU-Z.

Slot 1 is the problematic module, slot 2 is the working one.

do your functioning modules work in those slots? Mine do, my sticks 52, 53 post on every slot. I think the problem lies when you turn on XMP, it shoots the voltage up probably damaging the module - can corsair confirm this?

Hi, Same issues here. One of the modules from the first set i've got was acting weird from the beginning. I noticed it was running on much lower speed (or bandwidth?) * as shown by s5drew's screenshots in CPU-Z as the other three modules and was showing as 'unknown' in bios too. Even though i did run a memtest and it did not show up with errors. CPU-Z showed it was as a quad kit. A few days later the module died (CPU-Z showed triple channel). Next day another module died as well.

Returned the set of memory and received a new kit. Worked fine for 2 weeks also with XMP enabled and now one module is broken again. The lightning of the broken one is very slow too, not sure if that has to do with the issue though.

I receive memory from a different brand tomorrow and see how that will work out. I'm a bit disapointed because i really like the LED in my build and it worked fine for the time being.

Sorry for my poor English, not a native speaker.

Fresh build. Asus X99 Deluxe II.

I put in 4 x 8GB Vengeance LED sticks.

One week goes by and I notice that during that time frame that two of the sticks are flashing very slowly. They eventually stop being recognized by Windows and the BIOS.

Get replacement kit. Windows and BIOS now recognize 32GB, but the slow flashing is starting again on one of the sticks...

Debating returning all of this problematic RAM...

Fresh build. Asus X99 Deluxe II.

I put in 4 x 8GB Vengeance LED sticks.

One week goes by and I notice that during that time frame that two of the sticks are flashing very slowly. They eventually stop being recognized by Windows and the BIOS.

Get replacement kit. Windows and BIOS now recognize 32GB, but the slow flashing is starting again on one of the sticks...

Debating returning all of this problematic RAM...

Exactly the same symptoms and problems here. Same board too

Archived