Corsair Community

Help with Macro's and their speed

Misto

Hey I have 2 questions

1) is it possible to clone a macro that I have made to every profile with a click of button? (like you can do with all the modes in a particular profile) or do I actually have to go to each profile individually and drag the macro/keystroke from the actions list onto every G key on every single profile?

2) I play a game which is heavily dependent on switching gear very often based on situations there are ingame macro's but they are very slow and buggy so I tested the speed of the k95RGB and for some reason it is slower than my logitech g502, (both 1000hz) why would this be happening? is it software or hardware related and would there be a fix? vids and pics below

[ame]

[/ame]

The first 10 seconds is using the k95rgb, as you can see when I activate the macro you can see the action bar changing, using the gear and then returning back to the original.

the last 10 seconds are the mouse, as you can see on my char profile it is also changing the gear but it does it so fast that you cannot see a change between the action bars

http://i.imgur.com/MyraizL.png keyboard macro settings

http://i.imgur.com/a0Ub9mH.png mouse macro settings

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help is appreciated, thanks

• Corsair Employee

1.) It is better to create multiple modes than profiles for this type of request. The idea for profiles was to link it to different executables, but for quick switching in games for example, modes work best.

2.) This is a known issue. Our macro sequences aren't as quick as they should be so we're working on resolving this.

<3 WoW, by the way.

1.) It is better to create multiple modes than profiles for this type of request. The idea for profiles was to link it to different executables, but for quick switching in games for example, modes work best.

2.) This is a known issue. Our macro sequences aren't as quick as they should be so we're working on resolving this.

<3 WoW, by the way.

Thanks for the reply James

1) Well the thing is personally I am terrible at learning how to make "complex" lighting profiles so I've just downloaded a whole lot online which is why that "issue" came up, because I have about 20 different profiles for different lighting effects, would it actually be possible to implement a button in cue to make a macro or "bind" from one profile to go all others like you currently have with modes? :P

2) good to know

Don't know if you're being sarcastic about WoW xD

• Corsair Employee

Hi Misto,

All profiles have a default mode (which is where the lighting is stored). What you can do is export the default mode from one profile and then import the mode to to another. Then you can have all the lighting profiles together as modes under a single profile making it easier to switch.

I was a WoW player since launch so the game means a lot to me, haha. I retired during WotLK though, came back for Pandaria, and then retired again. Sadly, I don't have the time for it anymore even though I enjoyed playing the priest (I had no alts!).

Just a follow-up question: Will this fix mean actual real-time playback? And with that I mean millisecond accuracy. I like to play a guitar hero-esque game and tried to record a macro for a song, so the keyboard plays it by itself, but neither my old G502 nor this K95 RGB are capable to correctly reproduce the recording.

• Corsair Employee
Just a follow-up question: Will this fix mean actual real-time playback? And with that I mean millisecond accuracy. I like to play a guitar hero-esque game and tried to record a macro for a song, so the keyboard plays it by itself, but neither my old G502 nor this K95 RGB are capable to correctly reproduce the recording.

The playback of the sequences will be faster than it is now but until I see how they resolve it, I can't tell you if it'll be able to do what you're asking. I'm curious though as to why your G502 can't do so either. What ends up happening?

The playback of the sequences will be faster than it is now but until I see how they resolve it, I can't tell you if it'll be able to do what you're asking. I'm curious though as to why your G502 can't do so either. What ends up happening?

The delays aren't reproduced 100% accurately, so the macro ends up missing a lot of notes that I actually got while recording. I think it's because of overhead from the software/hardware.

• Corsair Employee
The delays aren't reproduced 100% accurately, so the macro ends up missing a lot of notes that I actually got while recording. I think it's because of overhead from the software/hardware.

It also could be the game itself. Even though almost everyone in the industry uses virtual USB (software mimics a second keyboard to do the macros), some games will intentionally look and block the commands that come through to prevent TOS violations due to unfair competitive advantages or botting.

It also could be the game itself. Even though almost everyone in the industry uses virtual USB (software mimics a second keyboard to do the macros), some games will intentionally look and block the commands that come through to prevent TOS violations due to unfair competitive advantages or botting.

It's a flash game and not all key presses miss, only about 50%.

Did you ever have a profile for the macro sequence in CUE? I have a test version of the software that fixed the delay issue so I'd love to try it out if you do.

I had a profile for it, but I deleted it because it didn't work. I could do one, though, just tell me what you need exactly.

Archived