Corsair Community

CUE v1.5.108 Patch Notes

• Corsair Employees

Updated Release

Version 1.5.108

April 24, 2015

Release Notes

CUE 1.5.108 is the latest release for our RGB line of peripherals and contains a multitude of changes and enhancements.

Enhancements

• 16.8 Million Color Mode has been added to CUE. This option can be found under the Settings tab in Program. This mode also requires the latest firmware update to function. Please use FW 1.20 or newer.
  • Color wheel has been added to the color palette. Select a key and click on the wheel to add or edit a color.
  • Software now supports a new USB protocol to enhance performance.
  • Profiles and Modes when exported will now only contain active Actions and Lighting items assigned to a key or a group of keys.
  • Uninstalling CUE and deleting saved settings now deletes all CUE files including Action and Lighting items.

Fixes

• Resolved issues where users would experience issues with lighting and CUE interactivity with the new USB protocol. Please use firmware 1.20 and newer.
  • Resolved an issue with Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock keys.
  • Keyboard will no longer trigger repeats when set to BIOS mode.
  • Keyboard will now slow lighting patterns on systems with low available resources appropriately.
  • Resolved long boot delay on Intel X99 USB 2.0 ports.
  • Resolved other various minor issues.

Important Note:

If you have updated your keyboard to FW 1.20 or newer, software older than 1.5.108 will no longer be compatible. Please ensure you always have the latest software available when updating the firmware to prevent incompatibility. Firmware updates are done through the software itself under Settings -> Device -> Update Firmware.

Keyboard Connectivity:

• Connecting via USB 3.0: Use one connector (the one with the keyboard icon) when connecting via USB 3.0
  • Connecting via USB 2.0: Use both connectors when using USB 2.0. Important Note: Plug in the connector with the two arrows icon first, and the connector with the keyboard icon second.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K95 RGB here

Trying it out right now. I'll edit this post when I am finished playing around with the new update.

Edit:

So far, I have experienced no crashing on the new CUE and firmware (been using it now for 10 hours straight with steam games, programming, and browsing the forums). I have played around with the 16.8 million colors and have been very pleased to see one of my rainbows travel smoothly across the board over a period of 5 minutes. This update really makes me happy--Good job guys :)

The only disappointment I see if the flickering, which has been addressed in another post. I love this keyboard as it is right now, and the flickering does not bother me much at all (I use the keyboard to type after all. It's not mainly a thing to look at for me)

To really bring home this keyboard, the last thing I want to see is an SDK. Competing keyboards have released SDKs already so the lights could interact directly with the computer (like an audio spectrograph). Really, this is the sole advantage I could see for the competing keyboards. Corsair gave us superior build quality, greater control over custom lighting (without an SDK), the ability to record macros to any key, and a forum to share our lighting/macro profiles.

Thank you for the new firmware and CUE release, I have found it to be a huge improvement to an already kickass keyboard.

I'd be interested in hearing from people who previously had Steam issues.

Just tried TF2 as it always froze up my keyboard before this update. After I finished updated though everything seems to be fixed. No more freezing and I can press Caps Lock and Num Lock all I want. This update is definitely a great step forward!

EDIT: Just tried GTA V (non-steam) as well, it used to lock up my keyboard before but not anymore! I can finally experience my keyboard the way it was meant to be used!

I use steam and I had the freezing up now it works steam starts, even counter strike source starts were most time's I would have to reset bios so they would load now with the new f/ware and s/ware updates seems to of sorted that out.

Only problem is if I set the scroll lock to yellow it go's red doesn't mater what I do it won't go yellow this problem was before the update to ??.. I have just noticed setting the rgb to 0,255.0 it's BLACK dos this mean the LED's green diode is dead.

I use steam and I had the freezing up now it works steam starts, even counter strike source starts were most time's I would have to reset bios so they would load now with the new f/ware and s/ware updates seems to of sorted that out.

Only problem is if I set the scroll lock to yellow it go's red doesn't mater what I do it won't go yellow this problem was before the update to ??.. I have just noticed setting the rgb to 0,255.0 it's BLACK dos this mean the LED's green diode is dead.

try the rainbow

• Corsair Employees

Make sure there is no overlay. If it still occurs, re-flash the FW and delete all your settings.

• Corsair Employees
Just registered to check in and say that the new firmware and software solved my K65 RGB issues, both with slow/failed boot up and with Steam issues.

A big thanks to the team that worked on the fix!

Fantastic! I'm hoping more people who experienced the Steam issue will report the same as you.

Alright updated to the new driver and firmware.

Right of the bat i tried doing a breathing effect, and even though its smoother there is a little stepping. The stepping wouldn't bother me if it didn't affect the hole keyboard. I have all solid lights except for the arrow keys where i put the breathing lighting effect. When its active it causes the whole keyboard to do a weird strobe effect. As i type this i'm also seeing the strobe effect happening when the ripple effect is active.

As for the caps lock key it no longer freezes the keyboard but it does cause the lights to hang for 1-2 seconds when spammed. Not a real problem though.

I had some strange hiccups trying to install this version. First, it wouldn't install and gave me this error trying to install driver 1/2:

http://s16.postimg.org/hwag2aqit/screenshot_288.png

It seemed to have uninstalled the previous software and drivers first, so I tried reinstalling the previous version and got the same error in the same step. After rebooting, it didn't even get to that point. The installer failed immediately. I changed the install directory to C:\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\ instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\ and it worked flawlessly. I'm hoping this is just a side effect of being on an unstable build of Windows 10, that's just bizarre.

Everything's working now, thankfully.

Another update, and still no fix for the long-overdue bugged lighting animations.

Since updating from 1.3.70 I have been unable to use ANY lighting profiles that have any animations in them! This happens even after a completely fresh installation of the new software, and re-importing all the profiles again.

Why is this not fixed? Better yet, why is there no download for the last known working version 1.3.70?? ( http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=136256 )

I am pretty disgusted at the lack of support for this tbh! I have posted in EVERY update release since 1.3.70 about this issue and had NO fix yet.

Congrats! I can verify that the 16.8m color stepping issue is fixed, although it flickers (which is a hardware limitation). The DirectInput/HID freezing issue is also gone. Hopefully my code snippet helped to fix this! Before it would freeze half way through the first channel, now it completes very fast and handles queuing appropriately (if a major change was to go to asynchronous).

Although the hardware issue is a bummer, good work!

Make sure there is no overlay. If it still occurs, re-flash the FW and delete all your settings.

I can't re flash as CUE say's I have the latest version already, I have made a new profile with just the scroll lock key and guess what.. if I set the colour of Scroll lock to green I get no colour (Black) on scroll lock and the other keys around it (F12, Prt scn, back space, pause, insert, home, page up, delete, end, page down) turn green getting dimmer further from the scroll lock it go's with just barely seeing the green on the return key. plus the 1, S, Z & Alt key's are a dim green others keys are black as it is light properly be some more keys that's very dim green in the dark. Ill take a few pictures later and post.

With the standard settings (rainbow wave) still the scroll doesn't go green only "red pink purple and blue" setting it white it turns bright pink.

Happy with the new updates so far no lighting freezing up on steam, gaming or the Caps, Scroll, Num lock key's. :D:

We're getting their Corsair

IMAG0379.thumb.jpg.5926bcdb415c03caa3d1051ad786d65e.jpg

Anyone rebooted their system yet? Everything was working fine post installation, however windows no longer boots after I restarted my pic somewhat later.

Update: Clarification of "Windows does not boot" After bios post has completed where you would expect to see the windows logo appear, nothing happens, All I see is a flashing cursor.

Update2: Very strange, finally got into windows, had to remove keyboard cold boot the PC, once in windows plug the keyboard back in.

Update3: Restarts and Boots now load windows fine now, very strange.

Installed it yesterday - loaded up the default rainbow effect. SWEET LORD JESUS ITS SO SMOOTH. Didn't lock up at steam start. Now I only have to figure out how to make it switch profiles on start of csgo and I'm golden. This fix took a while but goddamn this is seriously the best RGB keyboard out there. Brilliant job.

Archived