Corsair Community

Too many issues to count

moyshe

So I bought a K65 RGB at Best Buy last fall, I fell in love with it and I still love it to this day. However, this keyboard has not worked correctly EVER. Despite my computer being plugged into a surge protector after rolling power outages the keyboard never worked correctly again. When I turned on the computer it wouldn't respond AT ALL. Nothing would power on, and when the computer was off the demo rainbow pattern would glow all night. Basically everytime I turned on my computer I had to go under my desk and unplug and plug my keyboard back in to get it to work.

I finally got fed up and contacted corsair, they suggested:

-firmware

-bios switch

-uninstalled drivers etc.

already tried all before I contacted them. They told me to send it back they'd send me a new one but I decided to go back to Best Buy and get a new one there without having to send anything and wait for my keyboard to come in the mail. I go to Best Buy, get a new one, plug it in and it works fine for the first week and then again the same issues arise. I gave up and I just leave my computer in sleep mode 24/7 so I dont have to unplug and plug my keyboard back in every time I use my computer. But I've noticed more and more issues, when I press the light on/off button on the keyboard the lights just don't come back on. If this keyboard wasn't $150 I'd be fine with this terrible quality. It seems like a lot of people are having the same type of issues with the K line.

I was wondering if anyone had a situation close to mine and maybe somehow fixed this?

The chance of the same thing happening to two different units is rather low. I would look closer at your USB interface, other USB peripherals attached ... and a good anti-virus scrub down never hurts.

Too bad PCs don't have a dedicated keyboard port any more ... there would be ZERO problems then, since all the interfaces would be identical across the PC world. There's so much literal crap connected to people's USBs these days, it's a wonder a cutting edge high-bandwidth device like these keyboards work at all.

Archived