The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Software Related (Non Corsair Questions) > Windows XP / 2000 / NT Core

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2003, 06:22 PM

POST ID # = 59844
Mr.DLucey Reputation: 10
Default Screen saver Password Protection

It says;

To protect your files by using a screen saver password
Open Display in Control Panel.
On the Screen Saver tab under Screen saver, click a screen saver.
Select the On resume, password protect check box.
If Fast User Switching is turned on, select the On resume, display Welcome screen check box.

Notes

To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
Selecting the On Resume, password protect check box will lock your computer when the screen saver is activated. When you begin working again you will be prompted to type your password to unlock it.
Your screen saver password is the same as your logon password. If you do not use a password to log on, you cannot set a screen saver password.
Fast User Switching is only available for stand-alone computers and users in a workgroup. It is not available if your computer is part of a network domain.
Related Topics

I don't have a "Select the On resume, password protect check box." Mine says "On Resume display Welcome screen"

I use a password to logon??? Not the same as they talk about? Something different?
"If you do not use a password to log on, you cannot set a screen saver password. "

Also is their a way to hot key the screen saver?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Former Moderator

POST ID # = 59869
RPreacher Reputation: 10
Send a message via ICQ to RPreacher Send a message via AIM to RPreacher Send a message via MSN to RPreacher Send a message via Yahoo to RPreacher Send a message via Skype™ to RPreacher

"I don't have a "Select the On resume, password protect check box." Mine says "On Resume display Welcome screen"
"
That means that your will look just like it does when you log in...

As for a hot key to your screen saver, see the below thread.

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/sh...8342#post58342