The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Lee_Kay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678171
Lee_Kay Reputation: 10
Default I bought a 750D Now I have an air flow issue.

I have

MSI Z87-G45 motherboard.
4770K CPU
2 OCZ Agility 4 512GB drives in raid 0
500GB Samsung.
1 x WD 2TB drive
1 X Samsung 3 TB Drive
4x4GB Mushkin Redline
Enermax 1250watt PSU
AMD 7990
XFX 7970 GHZ edition TD heatsink

ok now you have all the parts.
I have the 3 stock fans
1 pushing out at the back
2 pulling in at the front.
1 240MM Coolermaster water cooler with 2 corsair 120 pulling and one coolermaster fan pushing the rad is attached to the top of the case.

Now my issue the case does not give enough air flow with the 2 video cards being really bad idea of dumping all the dissipated heat back into the case around them. So I when the side is on the pc the comp cant last 20-30mins without my 7990 showing artifact from heat issues.

My NEW Case needs a fan blowing onto the cards from the side. I am not going to start cutting up holes into my case its brand new and to be honest every other case has fan on the side panel except this one..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-12-2013, 12:34 PM
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678178
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 157
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

why not check and see if they sell side panels so you can modify one to suit your needs and still have a factory one also...

Old 10-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Support Assistant
peanutz94's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678181
peanutz94 Reputation: 82

Which way is your cooler set up in the top? Is it intake or exhaust?

If it is set as an intake, I would try switching them around. You may notice slightly higher CPU temps, but it will at least get rid of some of the heat from your GPU's.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Lee_Kay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678185

the rads exhaust the air out of the top.

I am not buying a 2nd door or modding the one I have. The 7990 was around at the concept of this case so that design challenge should have been taken into account. I just spent $150 on this case I might as well go back to my cooler master case as that never had the issue this one has.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Lee_Kay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678639

Um Not happy about the support I get

Created By: U CS (10/15/2013 2:29 PM)
Hello Lee,

At the moment, we do not have a different side panel with holes to mount a fan. We suggest, while you are running under heavy load to remove the aluminum plate, that will allow more air to pass through into your case.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Lee_Kay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678640
Default in response to my 750D and poor airflow

I have a 750D and I am running a 7990 and a 7970 in crossfire and BF4 pushes these cards to the thermal limit and as a result it highlights the cases poor airflow because my 7990 always overheats when the sidle panel is on. This did not occur while in my HAF X case. So I asked Corsair support about having a case panel with the window having a fan mounting cut into the plexi to which the response is.

Hello Lee,

At the moment, we do not have a different side panel with holes to mount a fan. We suggest, while you are running under heavy load to remove the aluminum plate, that will allow more air to pass through into your case.

So I have to pull my case apart because they acknowledge an airflow restriction and your going to do what to fix it?

Old 10-15-2013, 06:01 PM
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678650
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 157
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Kay View Post

Hello Lee,

dont you look at cases before you buy?,im just surprised you didnt realize this before hand

Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Support Assistant
peanutz94's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678652
peanutz94 Reputation: 82

In all reality, there should be no reason the case wont cool properly. By now there are thousands of these out there. I can't believe if this were a huge issue why there aren't more complaints.

It's still a fairly large case. Airflow shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:

Hello Lee,

I guess I don't understand your response. What is it that you want them to tell you? If they don't make a different side for the case, how is that their fault? They never advertized one for it.

Last edited by peanutz94; 10-15-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Lee_Kay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678682

the two cards do not push air out of the back of the case. The 7990 pushes air out the side of the card into the case as does the 7970 XFX ghz edition. This causes the air to get trapped around the cards and they overheat. No clean air is pushed over them or pulled away. Causing these cards to overheat and eventually they will die.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Lee_Kay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678684
Default Ticket 6188530 750D Air flow issue when using 7990 crossfire.

Someone deleted my last post so I will do it again till you give me a response worthy of my investment in equipment from your company.

I recently bought a 750D off of reports that this case was not plagued with the issues of past Corsair cases with air flow. But it seems this is not the case the problem is still here.

If you use a 7990 in crossfire with any other card be it a 7970 or another 7990 this cause till still show that is lacks any airflow over the cards and KILL your 7990.

Corsair admit that they may have a issue with airflow and in this very ticket and go on to explain that leaving the front off the case may well resolve the issue. I am not OK with this. I have kids one who tends to stick things in holes hes not meant to and one of them will be an exposed fan. So NO i will not leave the front off the case. Come up with a viable solution to the problem you some how overlooked..

Hello Lee,

I have just spent some $500 on Corsair equipment to use with my case and if this is how your going to treat me by deleting posts I will not accept it.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 678685
Technobeard Reputation: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Kay View Post
The 7990 was around at the concept of this case so that design challenge should have been taken into account.
Since the 7990 was launched last April, I'm fairly sure that the case was initially designed well before then. In any case, this isn't the first video card that exhausts heat internally, nor is this the first case that doesn't support fans on the side panel. There is no perfect case that will meet everyone's needs.

In terms of the video card temps, I'd recommend comparing the temps when you get the artifacting versus the temps with the side panel off at around the same running time (and similar tests with the front panel off). Compare the temps to the max spec of the card.

Also, please refrain from creating duplicate threads on the same issue. Your threads have been merged.
"Don't mind if I do!" [Goes crazy] - Homer Simpson

Last edited by Technobeard; 10-16-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678736
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 10

Okay, so here's essentially the issue I suspect you're running into. While the 750D isn't the most potent airflow case around, it does offer solid airflow, an assertion corroborated by several different reviews.

The problem you're running into is actually the AMD Radeon HD 7990 itself and its cooling design.

Take a look at this article at Tom's Hardware: Radeon HD 7990 Red Wedding

Essentially the problem is that the 7990's cooler just isn't well designed for CrossFire. In the Tom's Hardware piece, the 7990 is separated from the second card by two slots instead of just one as on your motherboard. Even under those circumstances, it overheats.

While we'd like to help, unfortunately this is an issue with the 7990 specifically.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:16 PM
jlhawn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678747
jlhawn Reputation: 30

it's the fault of the graphics cards cooling design. I myself have always bought reference graphics cards from PNY with the blower style cooler that pushes air through the gpu heatsink and out of the back of the case. it just never made sense to me to have a computer hardware device exhaust it's spent hot air inside a computer case.
I don't see any reason why the op won't modify the side panel as there are hundreds of companies that make nice fan grills so that you can make a fan hole and mount a fan.
sounds as if the op wants Corsair to correct his problem when it is not the fault of the Corsair 750D case.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Lee_Kay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678761

even with one 7990 the GPU1 over heats to beyond 105c before it steps down. The fans run at 100% and the hot air just pools below the card.

Without the side panel the gpu runs at 76c in the HAF X the side fan was pulling air from the case and was running less than 69c.

The plexi just reflects the heat back to the card its hot to touch.

I want to buy a 2nd panel so I can buy a hole 4.5" saw and drill a hole in the panel and use a grill and a 120mm fan and cool it that way. I like the look of the case I just hate this aspect.

Last edited by Lee_Kay; 10-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678768
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 10

The only thing I can suggest is that you try running the 7990 in another case again, then, but it sounds like an issue with the card itself.

The 7990 is a bit of a problem child by itself; there's no reason the card should be overheating alone inside the 750D unless there are fans that just aren't running or you have the tower sitting in a computer coffin.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: