Corsair Community

Corsair C70 Front Fan Problems

ambach

Hi all,

I have just purchased new fans for my C70. I have installed 3 X AF120 Performance Edition in place of the rear exhaust fan and stock HDD cage fans. I have also installed 2 X SP120 Performance Edition at the front of the case behind the front cover (on the other side of the HDD cages).

When the PC is running, I am getting a horrible scratching sound coming from the front of the case. After inspection and removing the front dust protector mesh, the noise is gone which leads me to believe that the fan blades are rubbing against the mesh. Surely Corsair have designed this case to accommodate their own brand of fans using all mounting points available to me? I live in a very dusty environment and can't afford to run the machine without the front mesh.

Has anyone else had the same problems? Is it possible this is a manufacturing problem?

Thanks in advance,

Alain

I did not have this problem with my C70 case and front mounted Corsair Sp fans, although now I have all Noctua fans but still no noise such as yours, do you have the filter installed correctly? there is a tab on one side that needs to point towards the fans, if it's the other way it will cause the top of the filter to stick out just enough to touch the top fan.

I think the filter is installed correctly? The tab is at the top facing towards the fans? It appears the mesh on the removable filter does in fact stick out a little bit. It is not tight against the frame of the filter. It sort of "bulges" in the middle of each plastic frame? Does that make sense? Stupid sound is driving me mental. I have pulled the front bezel away from the case at the bottom a tiny bit to make the sound go away but so far not very happy with the case!

• Corsair Employee
Please submit a ticket through Corsair Customer Portal at corsair.force.com. We will replace the whole front panel for you. This sounds like a manufacturing defect. Either the dust filter is too big or the clips are to tight. In any case, we will send you a replacement front panel. Please enter this part number: CC-8930069 in the ticket.

Archived