Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 extremely high pitched noise when recording in Sony Vegas

Fishsquared

Hi. I recently bought the Corsair Vengeance 1500s after my friends recommended them to me. Unfortunately I have a lot of white noise and there is a high pitched whine whenever I use a program that records my voice. These issues are bearable however, today I tried recording my voice in Sony Vegas Pro 11 and during playback there was an extremely loud whine that went with the voice.

I'm only a 15 year old highschool student and I make only a little money from my job. I had saved my money to buy this headset in hopes of wonderful sound quality and a great mix but now, to be honest, I just feel disappointed. I've tried disabling my other sound drivers, switching USB port and trying the headset on another computer but the problem still persists.

I bought this headset from Umart in Australia and was wondering if I could still RMA with corsair or possibly get either a refund or replacement from Umart. All in all, I just feel disappointed and sad as I had worked really hard to get the money to buy this headset only to find out it wasn't of the great quality my friends had described to me.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thank you for your replies. Toasted, I can't find an option for mic boost in the properties of the Vengeance 1500 in the recording devices tab. Or am I looking in the wrong place? RAM Guy, I'll ask my friends If I can borrow theirs today. I'll be able to get back to you about it tomorrow.

Once again thanks for your replies. Some people don't really appreciate the hard-work that tech-support guys really have to do.

*Edit* I'd also like to mention that I can only hear the whining and static when I'm using a program that picks up my voice like Skype, Steam chat or Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas is the only program where it seems my mic begins to have major problems though.

I managed to go by my friend's house today and borrow his headset. I'm using it at the moment and just let me say they are great! There's the slightest amount of white noise which is only noticeable if I strain my ears. I've tried recording voice in Sony Vegas with it as well and it works fine. I think that my headset may be defective.

I'd love to get a new headset for myself as soon as possible. So I'd like to know if I can RMA my defective headset or I should return it to Umart.

Thanks.

The vegas problem you have is quite new, however, seeing as how many have the problem that, when a program that registers voice is active you hear a faint noise in this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=102177

You're probably not the only with with this problem either. I'm sorry but doing an RMA will probably not result in you getting a "not faulty" headset.

I know this is off topic, but after 3 broken headsets, the first two being HS1s then a vengeance 1500 and now that broke I got another and I've realised that you needed drivers for the virtual surround to work. I now also get the same faint noise that pretty much everyone in that thread has and I'm kind of bothered that corsair has said nothing about trying to fix it, because I've searched all over.

Would really like to hear some official statements about this from corsair themselves.

• 2 months later...

here's what did that resolved my issue.[/b:biggrin:

Steps:

1. go to Control Pannel

2. go to Sound

3. under the Recording Tab

4. Double click the Microphone (2 - Corsaiar Vengeance 1500)

5. under LEVELS tab, decrease to 50% (optional)

6. under ENCHANTMENTS tab, check * Low frequency protection * Loudness Equalization. (leave Room Correction unchecked.)

Youre welcome :)

Archived