Corsair Community

TX650: Is this a V2?

crashdox

Just ordered & received from newegg, BUT...

- Box does not indicate V2 in any way

- Supply does not indicate V2 in any way

- Label on supply for Model indicates 75-001315

Did i receive a V2 or an obsolete older unit?

S/N available if needed.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I ordered mine through newegg on August 18,2012. When i got it, i had the same question in the same situation. After reading through this thread, I believe it it's a v2 but still wondering why Corsair made this confusing. Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Part# CP-9020038-NA is a version 2.0 PSU so it will be the latest version of this model.

The older version will be CMPSU-650TX it is a different part number on the BOX.

I know some retailers have not helped making this clear and I am sorry about that.

• 4 months later...
Soo, yeah I just ordered a TX650VP from Tigerdirect and same thing, no VP anywhere. And 75-001315 is the model number. Is this a TX650VP? Does it have the same 5 year warrenty? I read that the newer TX650 were manufactured by a different company with poorer quality control, hence higher failure rates, so I was hoping for a CMPSU-650TXV2 model number. Nothing on my box or in the documentation mentions any sort of warrenty. The TX650 manual from the Corsair website only shows the TX650 VP with a model number "CMPSU-650TXV2" and I can't find any mention of the new model number and warrenty other than this forum. I don't want to take the time to put some unwarrantied junk in my computer, thanks for the help.

Archived