Corsair Community

A few H100 push/pull questions

Ukkooh

I'm planning on buying a H100 for my ivy rig and I've got a few questions about installing it on a push/pull configuration. Here we go:

1. Is it possible to install all 4 fans with only the screws that come with the unit which means 2 screws per fan? Will they be loose that way? If not how much would it cost to buy 2 more screws from corsair? I don't want to use 3rd party screws to be sure that I won't woid my warranty.

2. Will I have warranty problems if I'll use it with 4 fans in push/pull or is it approved by corsair?

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee

1. Yes, it possible but you always add screws to mount additional fans and that will not void the warranty.

Screw spec: The screw thread and length are 6 -32 x 1 1/4"

#6 machine thread, 32 TPI (threads per inch), 1.25 inches in length.

2. Totally fine with us.

No - they are too short, These are the right ones, I use them to mount my push/pull fans:

https://sabe.fi/hobby/index.php?prodid=2724&grpid=5004&order_id=WO1337738584

You may need some washers because the head of the bolt is small.

Thanks! I have a lot of washers so that isn't going to be a problem. Without you i would have propably got the wrong screws and those that you linked are also cheaper. Can't wait to get my H100!

Same here, I got the hex head screws. On thing I must say, in my experiments with fans with the push/pull on the H100 I only noticed about a 1-2C drop in temps. Hope you see different, post back with fans types and results if you will.

::pirate::

Again, I have a question. How effective is the push-pull with the installs you guys are doing? I noticed only a 1-2c difference, it would be nice for some to post their experiences to see if this is cost effective. From my tests with 4 different brands of fans, the push-pull does not look to justify the cost.

Anyone have any different experiences?

Again, I have a question. How effective is the push-pull with the installs you guys are doing? I noticed only a 1-2c difference, it would be nice for some to post their experiences to see if this is cost effective. From my tests with 4 different brands of fans, the push-pull does not look to justify the cost.

Anyone have any different experiences?

you are correct. the spread from my experience in 20°-36° ambient temperature

with a 1.38vcore clock varied from 2°-4° with P/P with Corsair fans, F12, AP-15,

AF12, and the list is long and distinguished... if you got 'em around, unless you

have case interference, use 'em. i wouldn't run out and buy extras just to have

P/P...if you are a quiet freak.. more fans = more noise

under-volting with a fan controller is another added expense to look for also.

but 80% of this is a WOW factor hookup...

airdeano

well my idle temps are 14c right now.....usually hits around 20-24c while gaming(bf3 for one)

Can i ask what fans this is with ?

Did you use stock paste that comes with h100 ?

if Replaced how thick ?

last ? Rear 140mm fan do you have it blowing into case or out ?

Can i ask what fans this is with ?

Did you use stock paste that comes with h100 ?

if Replaced how thick ?

last ? Rear 140mm fan do you have it blowing into case or out ?

nothing really fancy or expensive and is cooling quit well:

3 top fans are exhaust(pull) (******** BLD-12025V1 Blue LED 120mm Ball Bearing Case Fan - 120mm, Ball Bearing, 3 Pins/4 Pins, Blue LED) and the 2 push(exhaust) 120 fans are corsair stock fans(the ones that come with the cooler)

yes using stock paste that came on the h100 cooler....this is my second h100 and is working really well (knock on wood), my first one was one with the 1st bad batch number that corsair had came out with, controller problems.

rear 140 is intake

right now, well as i am writing this post my cpu is at 15c (nice huh!) couldnt ask for better....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/bcowen/for%20corsair%20forums/IMG_0475.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back with h100 push/pull setup cooling a 3770k. Because some of you asked here are my temp results and a crap quality pic of my rig:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/Supsir/temps.png

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/Supsir/rig.jpg

The max temps in realtemp were achieved with a single run of IBT in maximum mode. My H100 is push/pull intake with stock coolers as push and 1850RPM Gentle typhoons as pull. Are these temps normal?

Edit: H100 is in the max setting.

I just noticed that the fans on the H100 don't spin up faster on load or atleast I don't hear any change on the sound of them. Is this happening because the 3770k on stock doesn't produce enough heat to heat up the water? Could another 3770k user confirm that their fans spin faster on load?

• Corsair Employee
The Fan speed is determined by the profile you set and the Temp of the fluid in the cooler. So my point is just because you put your system at full load the fans on our cooler will not rev up until the fluid starts to warm up. It may be 20-40 Min under full load before you start to hear them rev up, Depends on Room Temp and what Temp it is actually ruining at.

• 2 months later...

hi guys, ill be getting a h100 for a new build shortly.

Im a little confused by this thread, does the h100 come with 8x long screws, and 8x short ones?

i am doing push/pull at the top of a NZXT 810 Switch, basically the same as that pic, is there enough screws with the h100 to do this?

Cheers.

PS, like this from the top:

-Long screw going down

-fan

-case segment

-radiator

-fan

-Short screw going upwards.

This correct?

EDIT: oh and one other thing, i wish to change the fans on the h100 to gentle typhoons, can you still hook them to the h100 fan controller or is that a no-no due to the typhoons having diff rpm? thanks

The Kit comes with 8 1.25" 6 X 32 and 8 .5" 6/32 Screws for the fans and radiator mounting if you want to ADD more fans you will have to source more screws.

thankyou for the quick reply.

as i see it, 8 long, and 8 short screws are enough for push pull? or am i missing something?

the top screws mounting the fan to the rad, are also mounting the rad to the case.

EDIT: well at least i assume thats how it will go?

oh i also just realised, just put the short screw through one side of the fan, gotcha, so my only question remaining is, can you install 1850rpm gentle typhoons to the h100 fan controller safely, and use all the three setting ok? cheers

• Corsair Employee
It may be better to use a third party Fan controller if you are going to use Third Party Fans. I think there has been a few users using the GT Fans but I dont remember if they got these working properly. The only fans we can support on our cooler would be our fans sorry.

Archived